Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #127
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Fanboy,

You need to take your noise elsewhere. I mean what are you trying to prove on a CAMARO forum??

Once your point is made I guess we will all sell our camaros and buy mustangs
you so uptight that the truth offends you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Funny how that was over 2 years ago...engine blew since then??
nah, it's my daily... has been 9.82@138 since then though, same weak stock motor
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #128
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
you so uptight that the truth offends you?

nah, it's my daily... has been 9.82@138 since then though, same weak stock motor
Yea, yet your video is from 2 years ago...sponsored by Lund who you say tuned it...yet in the comments you claim it was tuned by Daniel at Triangle Speed.

BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #129
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Funny how every Mustang I see in the low 11s or faster is always on a built engine and/or trans. Those cars are not built like that. You might think they are. But those engines get blown sky high before getting into the 10s. And the ones that do get that fast take lots and lots of money to get there. If they were that easy to break into the 9s and 10s, then we'd have 9 and 10 second Mustangs everywhere. I haven't seen one break into the 10s on a stock block in years. It ain't happening. Those engines are not that strong.
You need to crawl out of the hole you've been in then. Do a youtube video search and you will find a shitload of stock longblock coyotes running 10's and 9's. Hell, many of those are NA.

Most in here know how stout the coyotes are in stock form. 700rwhp is easy to be had with a blower and an oil pump gear, and it's safe on the stock longblock. This is common knowledge.

The coyote has proven itself to be a monster of a FI engine in stock form.

How are you even arguing this? This shouldn't be news to you...it's been common knowledge for years.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #130
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Yea, yet your video is from 2 years ago...sponsored by Lund who you say tuned it...yet in the comments you claim it was tuned by Daniel at Triangle Speed.

Are you high or mentally unstable? Where do I ever say my car was tuned by TSS? It was tuned by Ken Bjonnes who worked for Lund at the time. And what does it matter how old the video is? You requested and I provided, now what you should do is man up and admit you know nothing of what the coyote is capable of.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #131
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Yea, yet your video is from 2 years ago...sponsored by Lund who you say tuned it..
Lund says they tuned it... in the video they made...on their YouTube channel
Old 07-20-2017, 11:42 PM   #132
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
You need to crawl out of the hole you've been in then. Do a youtube video search and you will find a shitload of stock longblock coyotes running 10's and 9's. Hell, many of those are NA.

Most in here know how stout the coyotes are in stock form. 700rwhp is easy to be had with a blower and an oil pump gear, and it's safe on the stock longblock. This is common knowledge.

The coyote has proven itself to be a monster of a FI engine in stock form.

How are you even arguing this? This shouldn't be news to you...it's been common knowledge for years.
Man 700 is pushing the limits of that car and you know it. Like I said, if it were that easy to have 700 hp Mustangs that run 9 secs, how come I haven't seen even 1 at the track? Ever? Everything north of 600 or doing more than a mid 11 that I have seen were on a built engine. I guess fairytale land is the only place you guys are fast.

Quote:
Are you high or mentally unstable? Where do I ever say my car was tuned by TSS? It was tuned by Ken Bjonnes who worked for Lund at the time. And what does it matter how old the video is? You requested and I provided, now what you should do is man up and admit you know nothing of what the coyote is capable of.
Because 1 video from 2 years ago don't mean a thing to me. You're talking like you're doing all this now. But like I said, you probably blew that engine sky high.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:37 AM   #133
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Man 700 is pushing the limits of that car and you know it. Like I said, if it were that easy to have 700 hp Mustangs that run 9 secs, how come I haven't seen even 1 at the track? Ever? Everything north of 600 or doing more than a mid 11 that I have seen were on a built engine. I guess fairytale land is the only place you guys are fast.
Except….most people running blowers are pushing 700rwhp safely. Seriously, where have you been since 2011?

Again, crawl out of your hole man...youtube has a TON of examples.

Here is one for you in the 8’s!

Quite honestly, I could post pages of stock engine coyotes running 9’s and 10’s.

I’m still dumbfounded you’re trying to argue this.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #134
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Witty, but the s197 needed no help vs the zeta Camaro and probably had an even bigger aftermarket presence.
Stock vs stock I don't recall the S197 being faster in head-to-head comparisons in a straight-line. 2010 vs 2010 was no comparison at all. 2010 SS vs 2011 GT was a fair fight (see below). Once modifications begin, it only's only a matter of how much one is willing to spend...

2010 SS vs 2011 GT
Motor Trend: GT 12.7 sec @ 111.3 mph, SS 13.1 sec @ 110.8 mph
Car and Driver: GT 13.2 sec @ 109 mph, SS 13.0 sec @ 111 mph
Road & Track: GT 13.2 sec @ 109.3 mph, SS 13.0 sec @ 110.7 mph (0-120 mph: GT 16.4 sec, SS 15.4 sec))
Inside Line: GT 13.3 sec @ 107.3 mph, SS 13.1 sec @ 110.4 mph

Around a track, there was the Boss...that got thumped by the 1LE for far less. The GT500 was good on tracks with fewer curves for about 3 laps but not so good in corners. The Z/28 on Zeta was no match for anything FoMoCo made at the time on a racetrack.

Quote:
I've spent more than enough time at the track to know that mustang owners spend less time on car forums and more time Modding and racing... sometimes into crowds.
Any objective metrics support this or do I classify this under "opinion"?

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #135
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Not on FastCarFanBoy's side or anything as he is clearly trolling.. but there are plenty of F/I coyotes out there on the stock block and trans in the 10's. If I were going to supercharge, I would have kept my stang.
Quote:
Fanboy,

You need to take your noise elsewhere. I mean what are you trying to prove on a CAMARO forum??

Once your point is made I guess we will all sell our camaros and buy mustangs
This is a versus sub-section dude, he is as welcome here as you. Don't start acting like the guys on the other side, throwing the word troll every time someone has an alternate opinion. He has been respectful, and provided details and backup to his opinions and thoughts. Let's keep this forum the friendly place it has been please.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #136
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:

Because 1 video from 2 years ago don't mean a thing to me. You're talking like you're doing all this now. But like I said, you probably blew that engine sky high.
I provide video evidence to support my claims and your response is to tell me I probably blew my engine , even after I told you it's running perfectly fine? At least we know trolling is permitted on this site... by camaro fanboys.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:21 AM   #137
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Any objective metrics support this or do I classify this under "opinion"?
Just hundreds of trips to the drag strip over 30yrs racing cars built by Ford and Chevy and I can say that the ratio of mustangs to f-bodies has never been close and there have been many nights where i never saw a single fbody run. Want video evidence? Gimme time, I see what I can find.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #138
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
LOL the battle never stops!

Some Mustang S550 facts I have witnessed with my own eyes:
  • Stock S550 auto running 12.4, 12.2 with just DRs, 11.9 with just adding a mail order tune and a home made CAI
  • 590 RWHP S550 Auto with a Paxton, injectors, tune, and DRs running 10.4@131mph
  • Unknown HP twin turbo S550 auto running high 9s hitting the brakes on the big end
  • A bolton only older coyote M6 running 11.4 with a 1.5 60' getting some air under the front tires

Fact, SSes are currently a little faster than S550s, but it can be a drivers race especially M6 V M6.

And I expect the 2018 GT to close the gap with more power, a higher redline, and I heard about a slight weight loss, but have not read that anywhere.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #139
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Just hundreds of trips to the drag strip over 30yrs racing cars built by Ford and Chevy and I can say that the ratio of mustangs to f-bodies has never been close and there have been many nights where i never saw a single fbody run. Want video evidence? Gimme time, I see what I can find.
Given more Mustangs are produced than Camaro's, wouldn't it be logical to see more at a drag strip? But how do you support this statement: "mustang owners spend less time on car forums and more time Modding and racing... "??

Is there a study published somewhere that accounts for time spent on car forums vs time spent "modding" and "racing"?

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #140
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
This is a versus sub-section dude, he is as welcome here as you. Don't start acting like the guys on the other side, throwing the word troll every time someone has an alternate opinion. He has been respectful, and provided details and backup to his opinions and thoughts. Let's keep this forum the friendly place it has been please.
He and his buddy have been doing nothing but trolling. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others can't see it. I call it for what it is. And I am very vocal about the POS Mustang. None of us has to respect that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Except….most people running blowers are pushing 700rwhp safely. Seriously, where have you been since 2011?

Again, crawl out of your hole man...youtube has a TON of examples.

Here is one for you in the 8’s!

Quite honestly, I could post pages of stock engine coyotes running 9’s and 10’s.

I’m still dumbfounded you’re trying to argue this.
Like I said, I have never seen one on a stock motor. I have yet to see one of you guys break into the low 11s. And I have yet to see one with more than 650 on a stock motor. People say all kinds of shit about the engines they have. But then they don't tell you when they blow their shit up. Those Mustangs need a hell of a lot of work just to keep up with stock Camaros. And they need even more to get into the low 11s. And if it was as easy as you say, then how come not one boosted Mustang I've seen is running as fast as you say they run?

Tags
camaro, mustang