Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Creaking Noise - Heads up

There is a lot of creaking noises posts here and most due to the heater core "rice krispies" sound and some due to the middle console plastic and center gauges trim. I thought I would post my most recent creaky ghost which just started happening this morning.
While driving slow, I started hearing a creaking, itching noise in the interior. Sounded like from the dash or the middle console. Bothered me but didn't have time to troubleshoot, running late for work. Anyway, during lunch, had a friend ride along and we started listening while driving slowly in a big lot. The creaky noise was intermittent, very hard to pin point. Finally, we gave up. So as we started to pull slowly out of a lot, I moved forward to look right left and the creak happened! So I started moving around my seat and what do you know?!!? I was able to replicate the noise at will. We started laughing. Parked the car, took off my seat belt and wiggled around my seat, NO NOISE! So, what changed we thought. Duh, had my seat belt off! Buckled up and started wiggling around and sure enough, the part where you insert the buckle rubbed against the leather and made a creaking, itching noise!
Sorry about the long post.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote