Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-12-2023, 09:59 AM   #71
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Already exists. Go watch any Porsche Taycan video. Not an EV fan by the way, just letting you know what you’re waiting for already exists.

Also since you want to talk about driving experience, I’d be willing to bet there is a market for an EV coupe. A decent portion of auto enthusiasts are open to an EV power plant. Think people who buy hot hatches for example. If you’re open to turbo 4 power plants, then you’re probably open to an ev power plant. Now for people like us who choose a V8 power plant, I would agree that less of us would be open to an ev power plant.
I would say a V8 automatic transmission would be more akin to the Porsche ev. Awesome power with ease of operation and minimal involvement.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:01 AM   #72
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
If there is some great conspiracy, why then has there been a clear path left for ICE to continue to exist and be produced in the future.

AFAIK the California proposed regulation will allow for ICE to be sold as long as the car is capable of some arbitrary amount of EV only mileage. So basically PHEV's.

To me this is a have your cake and eat it too solution. Assuming batteries keep getting smaller and lighter. Which they will.

I think the EU just changed their rules as well, thanks to lobbying from folks like Porsche pushing their synthetic fuels.
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:23 AM   #73
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
I'm sure Marie Antoinette thought it was great to let them eat cake.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 11:19 AM   #74
Mike818

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
I'm sure Marie Antoinette thought it was great to let them eat cake.
Oh don't you worry, I'm certain the E-Scooter entitlement is coming. *Dr. Evil Laugh*
Old 05-12-2023, 10:04 PM   #75
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Name:  IMG_6131.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  77.9 KB
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 12:31 AM   #76
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
No no no. It's all a conspiracy to force EVs down out throat as fast as possible! Faster than our infrastructure can keep up!

The government wants to bring our entire economy to a screeching halt, where people can't drive to work or leave their house to buy goods. We won't be able to do anything due to rolling blackouts, 24hr charge times, and nowhere to charge our cars! We'll just sit at home and die. That's what the government wants!!!
Don't worry the elites have millions crossing the southern border to take our place.
Old 05-13-2023, 01:36 AM   #77
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
I’m just here to say that EVs, in general, are not good looking appliances. They look like 1990’s Apple computers.
Attached Images

1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:55 AM   #78

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
"Insurers May Have To Total Electric Vehicles For Even The Slightest Damage To Batteries"

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/05...-to-batteries/
Can't wait to see the underground/salvage title EV business...lol...Thanks to EVs, we are headed for copying the history of the Cuban/Havana model of automotive progress.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 02:39 PM   #79
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Already exists. Go watch any Porsche Taycan video. Not an EV fan by the way, just letting you know what you’re waiting for already exists.

Also since you want to talk about driving experience, I’d be willing to bet there is a market for an EV coupe. A decent portion of auto enthusiasts are open to an EV power plant. Think people who buy hot hatches for example. If you’re open to turbo 4 power plants, then you’re probably open to an ev power plant. Now for people like us who choose a V8 power plant, I would agree that less of us would be open to an ev power plant.
I have no idea why you would think someone who prefers a turbo 4 cylinder engine would be open to an EV. I think if you actually drove a turbo 4 cylinder Gen 6 Camaro (manual of course), you would realize how ridiculous that statement is.

I find my Equinox 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder with an automatic to be about as much of an isolation chamber as I care for.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 04:05 PM   #80
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:

Yes that is a decent $100k example, the review I read, I can’t remember where, still preferred the 911
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 04:44 PM   #81
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
No no no. It's all a conspiracy to force EVs down out throat as fast as possible! Faster than our infrastructure can keep up!

The government wants to bring our entire economy to a screeching halt, where people can't drive to work or leave their house to buy goods. We won't be able to do anything due to rolling blackouts, 24hr charge times, and nowhere to charge our cars! We'll just sit at home and die. That's what the government wants!!!
I laughed really hard at this. But then I thought OMG maybe they actually believe this.

Quote:
This guy will own nothing and be happy.
If they actually believe that post, yes.

Quote:
"Insurers May Have To Total Electric Vehicles For Even The Slightest Damage To Batteries"

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/05...-to-batteries/
Can be the case but it’s being worked o

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Can't wait to see the underground/salvage title EV business...lol...Thanks to EVs, we are headed for copying the history of the Cuban/Havana model of automotive progress.
Simply no. It’s going to a technology level we can’t even imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
I have no idea why you would think someone who prefers a turbo 4 cylinder engine would be open to an EV. I think if you actually drove a turbo 4 cylinder Gen 6 Camaro (manual of course), you would realize how ridiculous that statement is.

I find my Equinox 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder with an automatic to be about as much of an isolation chamber as I care for.
Not ridiculous you just don’t see their point. I do

A 4 cylinder turbo Camaro, although very nice, is NOT a sports car and it surely is NOT a muscle car. It’s a fun to drive sporty car that the NVH issue is much less of a concern. Very few people, other than Honda Civic or VW GTI buyers are much interested in how their 4 cylinder sounds. So that’s an easy EV switch right there.
Old 05-14-2023, 08:20 AM   #82

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Here's your future (or already built) apartment. Cars are banned, no parking provisions, no EV chargers. This is the type of apartment and housing has been legislated and approved by planners in Planet Saving California. Any property within a certain distance of any public transportation, bus or metro rail, can be built as high density housing. By law it cannot be denied by any city council using their existing zoning ordinances. R! single family properties are toast. It's a developers and real estate agents dream come true. Your EV will be a scooter, bike, bus or rail. EVangelists should be all in with living here to save the planet.

https://www.thecooldown.com/green-bu...ac-tempe-1Most Americans still need cars to get practically everywhere. But one new project is aiming to change that.

A real estate development in Tempe, Arizona, is touting itself as “the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch in the U.S.”

The development, called Culdesac Tempe, broke ground in 2019 and appears to be chugging along, with the first batch of apartments close to being finished, according to its official blog. Once the first residents arrive, they will be banned from bringing their own cars (or, at least, from parking them onsite or in the surrounding area).

The community will still make ample use of cars but in the form of rideshares via Lyft and car sharing via Envoy, a community-based electric car-sharing service and platform. Both companies are official partners of the project.

However, personal cars will not be allowed, which means that Culdesac Tempe will not have to devote any space to parking, creating “ample open space for a large dog park and pool.”

5-minute-city/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:53 AM   #83
Mike818

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Here's your future (or already built) apartment. Cars are banned, no parking provisions, no EV chargers. This is the type of apartment and housing has been legislated and approved by planners in Planet Saving California. Any property within a certain distance of any public transportation, bus or metro rail, can be built as high density housing. By law it cannot be denied by any city council using their existing zoning ordinances. R! single family properties are toast. It's a developers and real estate agents dream come true. Your EV will be a scooter, bike, bus or rail. EVangelists should be all in with living here to save the planet.

https://www.thecooldown.com/green-bu...ac-tempe-1Most Americans still need cars to get practically everywhere. But one new project is aiming to change that.

A real estate development in Tempe, Arizona, is touting itself as “the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch in the U.S.”

The development, called Culdesac Tempe, broke ground in 2019 and appears to be chugging along, with the first batch of apartments close to being finished, according to its official blog. Once the first residents arrive, they will be banned from bringing their own cars (or, at least, from parking them onsite or in the surrounding area).

The community will still make ample use of cars but in the form of rideshares via Lyft and car sharing via Envoy, a community-based electric car-sharing service and platform. Both companies are official partners of the project.

However, personal cars will not be allowed, which means that Culdesac Tempe will not have to devote any space to parking, creating “ample open space for a large dog park and pool.”

5-minute-city/
I almost get mowed down on a weekly basis while out running. I can 100% understand where the demand for something like this comes from. Not everyone needs or wants a car.

I would never want to live under an HOA, but I understand why they exist...because there is a demand for it.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:25 PM   #84
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Uh huh.
Attached Images

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote