Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-14-2023, 07:50 AM   #15
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
I've been risking it then lol

Installed my spoiler four years and 62k miles ago. Drilled my own holes with nuts and 3M double-sided tape. OEM SS spoiler, the trunk slams but other than that it's been holding up great.
I looked into doing that but I read somewhere Chevy advised only mounting a spoiler on factory trunk lids that were made to mount a spoiler. I just assumed there was some structural reinforcement put into them so they could handle the stress of a spoiler.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:30 PM   #16
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayKinStL View Post
There are two different types of deck lids, and one does not support the majority of spoilers out there. You need the three stanchion deck lid for most spoilers and the default deck lid is not the 3 stanchion one. There are two different part numbers if you search for Camaro deck lids.

I only know this because I have an LT1 with the RS package, so lip spoiler, and I like the low regular spoiler, but I can't just drill holes in my deck lid. Well I mean I guess I could, but the deck lid does not have the proper support structure for the spoiler if I did that, so I'd be running a big risk.
What about the rear blade spoiler? Any chance you know if it needs drilled into the trunklid? I been considering removing my LT1 decklid spoiler and replace it with that.
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 05:00 PM   #17
RayKinStL

Drives: 2022 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
What about the rear blade spoiler? Any chance you know if it needs drilled into the trunklid? I been considering removing my LT1 decklid spoiler and replace it with that.
I don't sorry. Best bet is find the official install instructions for it. It should say. I found this out when I went to this page cause this is the spoiler I was interested in....

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/pr...,168543,111322

If you go there and go down to documentation, there are install instructions. That links to this....

https://ecom-dam.ext.gm.com/products...s_84330888.pdf

In that document you will see on page 2 a disclaimer that says....

"Disclaimer: This SB3 Wing Kit is intended for use only on 2016 model and beyond Camaros that come already equipped with
a 3-stanchion spoiler. Deck lids with 3-stanchion spoilers are equipped with structural reinforcement for the center stanchion
not found on other deck lids. Use of this kit on any non-approved deck lid configuration is not suggested, may invalidate your
warranty, and may put your vehicle in non-compliance with FMVSS regulations."

And this is how my dreams were crushed. So find the official install instructions for what you are looking to install and there should be any disclaimers in those I would imagine.
Old 04-14-2023, 07:18 PM   #18
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
If you have the OE decklid-mounted lip spoiler, the OE blade spoiler will use the same mounting holes.

I ordered the blade spoiler on my LT1. It arrived with the lip spoiler mounted. The dealer removed it and installed the blade before delivery.

I don't think there is a part # for an OE Sharkskin blade spoiler though. Maybe go with a Black:

Blade Spoiler in Carbon Flash Metallic - 84550199
Blade Spoiler in Black - 84016429
Blade Spoiler in Satin Black - 84550203
Attached Images

Current mileage: 310

Last edited by Junction65; 04-14-2023 at 07:29 PM.
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 07:55 PM   #19
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
The consensus is the 1LE spoiler uses the same holes as the RS lip spoiler. The SS and ZL1/ZLE use the same holes but the holes do not match if you want to interchange between the two. You’d have exposed holes and have to drill new holes in either case
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:29 PM   #20
Red Chief

No drilling, no bolts blade spoiler install:

Old 04-16-2023, 07:52 AM   #21
Milesmonte

Drives: 2011 1 SS IMPERIAL BLUE
LT1 SPOILER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayKinStL View Post
I don't sorry. Best bet is find the official install instructions for it. It should say. I found this out when I went to this page cause this is the spoiler I was interested in....

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/pr...,168543,111322

If you go there and go down to documentation, there are install instructions. That links to this....

https://ecom-dam.ext.gm.com/products...s_84330888.pdf

In that document you will see on page 2 a disclaimer that says....

"Disclaimer: This SB3 Wing Kit is intended for use only on 2016 model and beyond Camaros that come already equipped with
a 3-stanchion spoiler. Deck lids with 3-stanchion spoilers are equipped with structural reinforcement for the center stanchion
not found on other deck lids. Use of this kit on any non-approved deck lid configuration is not suggested, may invalidate your
warranty, and may put your vehicle in non-compliance with FMVSS regulations."

And this is how my dreams were crushed. So find the official install instructions for what you are looking to install and there should be any disclaimers in those I would imagine.
Thank you for this Information!
I was hoping it would help me, but I could not find the DECKLID- Mounted LIP (RS SPOILER) Spoiler RPO CODE: D80 PART#84319681.

I have a DEPOSIT DOWN on a 2023 LT1 RIVERSIDE BLUE COUPE, 10 SPEED AUTOMATIC, POWER SUNROOF, TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE, NPP EXHAUST, and POLISHED FORGED 5 Star Wheels!!
DEALER did not order a package with the Car, or the RS PACKAGE or Spoiler option so I get no spoiler!!!

My question is who Orders a CAMARO without a Spoiler!!?
DUMB ASS!!!
Must have been an oversight by the Person who Orders thier Car's for them.

I am very very disappointed to say the least
Milesmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:17 AM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesmonte View Post
I was hoping it would help me, but I could not find the DECKLID- Mounted LIP (RS SPOILER) Spoiler RPO CODE: D80 PART#84319681.

I have a DEPOSIT DOWN on a 2023 LT1 RIVERSIDE BLUE COUPE, 10 SPEED AUTOMATIC, POWER SUNROOF, TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE, NPP EXHAUST, and POLISHED FORGED 5 Star Wheels!!
DEALER did not order a package with the Car, or the RS PACKAGE or Spoiler option so I get no spoiler!!!

DUMB ASS!!!

Dealerships don't order what the customers will want, they order what the customers will buy. This is a very subtle but important difference and why there are so many 1LT/2LT trim cars out there.

If you don't like the spoiler being absent, then pay the dealer to install one.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:19 AM   #23
Red Chief

Quote:

DUMB ASS!!!

If you checked those boxes on the order form, several of which are factory-only, you have every right to get your deposit back.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:20 AM   #24
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

DUMB ASS!!!

If it wasn't too long ago, they may be able to modify the order if you call in. Otherwise, you still install the small SS 1LE spoiler or aftermarket spoilers that produce less downforce than the ZL1 wing kit that RayKinStL referred to and that are safe to install on the weaker base trunk lid.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:54 AM   #25
Milesmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
If it wasn't too long ago, they may be able to modify the order if you call in. Otherwise, you still install the small SS 1LE spoiler or aftermarket spoilers that produce less downforce than the ZL1 wing kit that RayKinStL referred to and that are safe to install on the weaker base trunk lid.
Unfortunately , I can not change the Order, the CAR has already been BUILT!
It was a Car that the DEALERSHIP had ordered for Retail and I just happened to call @ the Right time, so I put a Deposit down!
As I know they are just so DIFFICULT to get a hold of!
This particular one has all the Options I would have checked except the SPOILER!!
SUCKS
Old 04-16-2023, 08:57 AM   #26
Milesmonte

Quote:

I have a DEPOSIT DOWN on a 2023 LT1

RIVERSIDE BLUE COUPE, 10 SPEED AUTOMATIC, POWER SUNROOF, TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE, NPP EXHAUST, and POLISHED FORGED 5 Star Wheels!!

DUMB ASS!!!

Ray: I can not find the INSTRUCTIONS or Install Kit for the RS SPOILER on CHEVROLETS ACCESSORIES Page!!
Old 04-16-2023, 07:06 PM   #27
RayKinStL

Drives: 2022 LT1
Quote:
Ray: I can not find the INSTRUCTIONS or Install Kit for the RS SPOILER on CHEVROLETS ACCESSORIES Page!!
Yea, I'm not sure where it find it. I'm not even sure what the part number would be.
Old 04-16-2023, 11:53 PM   #28
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
This is for the 1LE but instructions may be the same

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437453
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote