Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Ridetech HQ coilovers, anyone?

I’m trying to get the rear ride height a bit higher but the spanner nut is really close to getting to the end of the threads for my taste, especially compared to the front. I’m including pictures of the front and it’s location with no weight and then the rears. If anyone else has this setup please let me know if this is close to yours. I’m thinking a higher ration spring is needed for the rear but I’m no expert.

Front coilovers spanner nut & spring location then rear, same deal. I’m about to need a breaker bar to tighten the nut on the rear more.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yep, mine looks similar but not knowing a distance dimension from you it’s hard to tell. Mine at 26.25” rear height from lower lip to fender. I tried to measure from bottom of threads to the “valley” notch in the adjustable ring. It’s about 35mm. My rear springs aren’t stock but 550 lbs per inch. Don’t know if that made a difference as I don’t want to go higher
Attached Images

VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yep, mine looks similar but not knowing a distance dimension from you it’s hard to tell. Mine at 26.25” rear height from lower lip to fender. I tried to measure from bottom of threads to the “valley” notch in the adjustable ring. It’s about 35mm. My rear springs aren’t stock but 550 lbs per inch. Don’t know if that made a difference as I don’t want to go higher
Thank you for responding.

Stock wheels, the measurement from fender to ground is right around 28 1/2” all around.

Does this sound correct to you?

This is from Ridetech support:
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Yeah, the rears you have to tighten, or turn it clockwise to raise it. 28.5 to the ground is about 25.5” from lower wheel lip. Measure from lower wheel lip to fender arch to be accurate. With 20” tires you are a bit low for safety of the rear axels if you are racing or road course work. Should be 26” minimum. With a 1” drop from my stock hieght I am at 26.25”. Measure on a 1/4 tank gas. Full tank drops another 1/8” or so.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Ok, I’ll do my best to raise it when it cools off a bit here. Way too hot right now in the garage.

Also, I only have rebound adjustment and it’s really bouncy unless I’m almost all the way to zero rebound.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Ok, I’ll do my best to raise it when it cools off a bit here. Way too hot right now in the garage.

Also, I only have rebound adjustment and it’s really bouncy unless I’m almost all the way to zero rebound.
Doesn’t sound right. I run 18 and 20 from full stiff, or the soft setting they say to start with. No bouncing. Make sure you aren’t at full soft thinking it’s 0 or stiff
Old 08-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #7
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I agree with VR Baron. I ride mine on a fairly stiff setting. Im lowered but not slammed. Mine isn't bouncy at all. It is firm but not kidney jarring. I also have shorter, I cannot remember the lbs...500??, springs in the front. I got them from Ridetech. Needed them to clear some CCW wheels I had.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #8
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

There really needs to be a definitive way to measure ride height BEFORE putting the dang wheels back on and sitting it on the ground. What a pain, especially with our Camaro’s and their lack of jack & jack stand locations. Shorter jack stands would be great, guess I’ll need to find some.