Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #29
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Too be honest I bought the car for the discount deal and color. Havent used the ac, cruise and pretty much the rest of the others. But for the deal and the added options for resale. This one was less than the 1SS's offer in my area. I bought this one. So ya, your complaint is invalid.
You know what, I meant to reply to tcbracing not you. That's what I get for using the app. So ignore both of those posts.

As for cruise control, 95% of Americans can't maintain their speed. They end up wandering from 10-15mph +/-, particularly uphill and around corners. I'll hope you are not in that group since you don't use it. Frankly I can't stand people who don't because they are reasons for congestion on most roads. I'd be happy if all cars had adaptive because it would solve many of the so called "issues" people have with using it. But I'm afraid in reality they still won't turn it on.

On a side note, I agree with Number 3. I've heard plenty of complaints about how wonky the systems really are. Being stuck behind traffic on a 2 lane road is probably the best use for it. Or open interstate. It definitely wasn't a deciding factor for me choosing between a Scat Pack and the SS.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #30
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftFoot View Post
I guess you think your relative anonymity online gives you the right to act like an ass.

The Camaro is a DD for many, and many people also routinely drive on the highway (these two groups are, of course, not mutually exclusive). For these occasions, having adaptive cruise control would be nice. Ford offers it as an option in the Mustang; being a sports car or pony car does not preclude the Camaro from offering this feature, and for those that want it, it would be nice if it were offered as an option.
Peopple are such jerks about things. There are theads on here where people say why would they include a sunroof, I don't like sunroofs. Well other people do. My wifes Murano has adaptive cruise contorl and it's fantatic for city dirving, it's and awesome feature, but it was an options we paid extra for. If I had a long commute and if I had an automatic I would totaly want it. The Camaro can be a drivers car and a daily driver. It does come with an automatic, some would say that shouldn't be in a drivers car, thank god we have options.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #31
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella16 View Post
I knew that I'd get grief for this. My brothers caddy has it. I love it. I do a ton of highway driving. Daughters in school in opposite directions, businesses in different cities.

but, no....seeing a ZL1 in person will probably be the actual deciding factor

or

the winter Dallas boat show .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Considering its an upper end sports car and not a cruising Cadillac, my guess is it wont have it...
Adaptive cruise control is great for highway driving. I do a lot of highway driving myself, and no adaptive cruise was a big negative for the Camaro for me.

The Challenger and Mustang both offer it, so its not a stretch to expect GM to do the same with the Camaro.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Not true. I use my cruise every day, as often as possible. Even on a 40 mph road. So long as traffic gives me enough room and it's not stop and go I use my cruise constantly, and engage it as soon as I hit highway speed.

My parents have only owned cars with A/C going back to the 60s, when it was a $400.00 option. I've never known a car without it, and would never even consider owning one without it. It's 2016. You do not gain power or performance without the A/C system because it weighs so much less than one did 40 years ago, and it uses maybe 2 hp when engaged. Probably not even that. It ain't the 30 pound Fridgidaire compressor that bogged the engine down when it ran like it was in the 60s man. They're light weight and efficient now.

Same thing for power seats. The motors are small and made out of lightweight aluminum now. The seat tracks are all aluminum and polystyrene. Again, it's 2016. Power seats add very little weight. It's not the 1960s where electric motors were the size of a Mack truck and weighed as much.

The perf impact isn't why i wouldn't miss them. I dont use them. They're not free. I'd rather pocket the cost than pay for things i dont use.

btw, AC is around 50lbs including all the tubing etc. AC systems aren't just the compressor.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #33
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Adaptive cruise control is great for highway driving. I do a lot of highway driving myself, and no adaptive cruise was a big negative for the Camaro for me.

The Challenger and Mustang both offer it, so its not a stretch to expect GM to do the same with the Camaro.
I do like the system on my Subaru as well...I have only ever used it on long trips (I have a very short commute) but it does help to melt the miles away.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
The perf impact isn't why i wouldn't miss them. I dont use them. They're not free. I'd rather pocket the cost than pay for things i dont use.

btw, AC is around 50lbs including all the tubing etc. AC systems aren't just the compressor.
Its not just about the components. Build complexity also increases the cost.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:41 PM   #35
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post

Then your car without them would cost $10,000 more. No joke.

When I was a kid, and that wasn't long ago, you could custom spec every car in GM's arsenal. Yes, you could get your Camaro SS with cloth, manual seats, no A/C, heck you could spec radio delete until the late 1980s.

The myriad of build combinations and free standing options is one of the reasons the Big 3 went bankrupt. Honda has been grouping options as trim level packages from the beginning: it streamlines assembly and limits the number of parts and configurations. Remember, your car without A/C requires a completely different electrical system and dash board internals.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #36
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Plus unless you're buy as a track only car, how do you defog without AC?
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote