Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #29
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Hello Cory. Sorry had not logged onto Camaro 5 for a while and was just catching up. Ladybugsmom is correct, I am in Oak Harbor. Have a 2ss HotWheels SE. Amazed you did not see me driving around, as still had her out on the road in September. Although since October she hasn't been on the road as much. Anyways, when you get in the area, just let me know and we will set up a get together. I am going to Sturgis too...just have to get going on the planning! Anyways, look forward to meeting you and cruising.

Also, I don't mind driving the two hours to head to a cruise/event down south. But sometimes work interferes with my desire to cruise.
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #30
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Sounds like your moving close to Pumpkin. Welcome to the PNW.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #31
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Everett isn't too far away from Oak Harbor, though my current availability to do stuff is limited.

The "car culture" focus tends to be more on imports, and many of them are in varying states of modification, with perhaps only a handful of them being done in a way which doesn't kill the performance of a vehicle to gain aesthetics. Domestics still have a presence, though I swear there are more Challengers in the area than Camaros, and as per usual the Mustangs are easy to ignore with how many of them there are.

Another topic of interest is that people "don't know how to drive" up here. We have nasty traffic because of volume, sure, but folks don't know how to merge or other basic skills. They're impatient but tentative. They want to make a decision, but they can't commit, so driving about in traffic is a nightmare. Washington also doesn't have a lot of different options to get from point A to B, so where in California or Oregon you've got at least two or three ways to take, that really isn't an option here.

Roads are maintained based on the affluence of the neighborhoods, and I've found them to be of decent quality on the whole. There are a few good "country drives", and heading out SR 20 in the spring/summer is a great idea to drink in some really beautiful sights.

Hopefully those tidbits are helpful.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #32
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Wow...someone moving to Oak Harbor that isn't Navy??

Went to High School there, and have spent a significant amount of time there over the years. It's a quiet town for sure, however you will find a lot of people that do car events there, and in other places in Washington State.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #33
Liralen

Hello Rsloth. Your ETA still May/June time frame? Keep me posted and we'll see about a cruise around the North end areas. Maybe even a trip over to 20 to Winthrop...Once it opens. We take that daytrip trip few times a year on motorcycles. Beautiful drive/ride!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #34
dbassd

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSloth View Post
All the vette people down here are rude older people.
snobby, rude, borring. Just not friendly.. so that's nice to hear.
Can't speak for So Cal but I'm a Vette guy from Nor-Cal.

(I also just moved up to the PNW BTW! )

The group I ran with in Nor-Cal was not snobby, rude or any of the things you mention.

We were very welcoming to all GM muscle and often worked with the local Camaro's and GTO's, etc, to organize joint events.

Anyhow, my wife is shopping for a Camaro SS and we might pick one up tomorrow in the Seattle area. You all may be hearing from one or both of us more often.

My first car was a Z28 so it would thrill me to have a Camaro in the stable again!
dbassd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #35
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Here is an event you might want to consider.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340674
Old 04-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #36
dbassd

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Here is an event you might want to consider.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340674
That looks awesome! Would you guys welcome a Vette if we didn't have a Camaro?

We looked at a Bumble Bee in Lynnwood today but just couldn't agree on the numbers with the dealer. I drove home with a very depressed wife and more depressed son as Bumble Bee is his dream car.

We are not giving up on our Camaro search but it's possible we don't find the right one by August. We would totally join you guys in the Z06 if that's cool though...???
dbassd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #37
Liralen

Dbassd & Rsloth... Cannot speak for the revelstoke run, but there is an all American car show in Mount Vernon on May 31st. It is fundraiser event for Humane Society of Skagit Valley. My husband, myself, demonss,are all judges and....oops forgot who the the fourth judge is! I know the vettes would be welcome. Also check out the following groups on facebook: Northwest Washington Modern Muscle Car Club (they even allow mustangs...so no issue with a vette); Western Washington 5th Gen Camaro Club (aka WW5GCC); and PNWMisfits also a camaro group. Although they are closed groups you can PM a moderator to ask questions. Or ask me...as I am in all three.

I like them all for different reasons. NWMMCC because it has variety of people and primarily north of Seattle. Like PNWMISFITS because they have great knowledge and also many are near my home. Started out with WW5GCC and have some wonderful friendships from there as well.

Anyways...hope to meet up with you on the road one of these days!

When I figure out a cruise will post here as well, as may be going on one next weekend.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #38
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Let us know when you hit town and we will meet up and chat, also as Lenore stated a great car show on the 31st of this month going on in Mount Vernon which is very close. Also it's Ron Person for the 4th judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
Dbassd & Rsloth... Cannot speak for the revelstoke run, but there is an all American car show in Mount Vernon on May 31st. It is fundraiser event for Humane Society of Skagit Valley. My husband, myself, demonss,are all judges and....oops forgot who the the fourth judge is! I know the vettes would be welcome. Also check out the following groups on facebook: Northwest Washington Modern Muscle Car Club (they even allow mustangs...so no issue with a vette); Western Washington 5th Gen Camaro Club (aka WW5GCC); and PNWMisfits also a camaro group. Although they are closed groups you can PM a moderator to ask questions. Or ask me...as I am in all three.

I like them all for different reasons. NWMMCC because it has variety of people and primarily north of Seattle. Like PNWMISFITS because they have great knowledge and also many are near my home. Started out with WW5GCC and have some wonderful friendships from there as well.

Anyways...hope to meet up with you on the road one of these days!

When I figure out a cruise will post here as well, as may be going on one next weekend.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #39
Liralen

All, from what I remember reading rsloth should be in town the week of the 15th! So a litthe more than a week out.
Let us all know when you get here and we will bombarded you from all directions with activities/events!

Last edited by Liralen; 06-08-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: update arrival
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #40
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
All, from what I remember reading rsloth should be in town the week of the 15th! So a litthe more than a week out.
Let us all know when you get here and we will bombarded you from all directions with activities/events!
I'm so excited
Getting everything packed up and getting all sorted out.
I'm excited to meet my new Camaro family!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #41
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Pm me when you hit town we can meet up for a chat and a cold beer~
Old 06-19-2014, 02:17 AM   #42
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
I'm officially moved up and moved in.
Been driving around today and yesterday.