Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #15
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Do not cover it if it not enclosed. The new cars covers you see are almost a shrink wrap and do not flap. A regular cover will flap in the wind and beat the hell out of your paint.
This times two!

Also, the only production car I've seen with a complete shrink wrap cover is the corvette so far. Then again, most of the rare/exotic cars are shipped in enclosed trailers lol.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #16
SS_BONE_'MARO

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS/RS L99
Good question. Was wondering my self.
OP, what's your opinion after hearing others'?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Here's another option. For the price it will cost you to ship you could have a friend drive it for you and buy him a plane ticket to fly back home.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #18
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
To ship it safely will be pretty pricey, as others have indicated. If you have a few days and pick the right route, that could be a beautiful and fun drive. And you'll know it's in good hands.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #19
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
this is a no brainer... i'd drive it up PCH. It's one of the best roads in america!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #20
Oregon1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Hey guys , there are still some good transport companies out there! I run a VERY large one. If you need quotes on shipping cars let me know. Send pm and I'll get back to you.
Now for you C5 guys I will personally be watching any movements set up by my company! 28 yrs moving cars, boats, and just about anything that needs to be moved!
Oregon1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #21
Oregon1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I had mine shipped from around Buffalo,NY to my home in LA. I bought the car from a chevy dealership up there and had to wait 3 wks to get it.

Here's how it works with auto shipping agencies: you call ONE. Because if you call several, none can do any better than the other and they ALL know you're trying to ship. They start off with a bid. The truckers either accept or decline. They start too low,( started mine at $625) no one will bite which was the case. They finally told me they'd have to up the bid price to get bites. Duh! They got a driver to hit on $1000 or $1100. I forget. Anyway your vehicle will not be the only one on the truck. It should be safe in open carrier. Unless you're superstitious and want to pay more for closed carrier. They'll deliver ANYWHERE you want it to be. As long as the addy is not a difficult one to find via GPS. My experience was ok. I was more than anxious having to wait 3 wks, but I was satisfied with the overall shipping. You'll get in the car and back it off the trailer. So take it very easy unless you want to damage something...good luck!
Sorry about your experience here, but that is really not how it works when we own our own equipment. There are lots of "brokers" out there trying to hire our trucks. Yes they start out like some kind of "shipping wars" show on the internet, BUT people that know how to move cars the right way go directly to the trucking company (us) and get a quote without all the BS!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #22
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_BONE_'MARO View Post
Good question. Was wondering my self.
OP, what's your opinion after hearing others'?
I'm still on the fence. To drive up alone- Problems could arise.
It's not that my car is in bad condition but I don't want to be stranded in the middle of no where.. at midnight..
I have the money to ship it. it's just doing it correctly with the right people.
Will it get delayed? will it get demolished..

I still have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
this is a no brainer... i'd drive it up PCH. It's one of the best roads in america!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1
I loved my 5 hour traffic drive from Huntington to san diego.
Longest 4 hours wearing my racing helmet in traffic blasting Tron. (had to entertain myself) so many people took pictures.

Never again.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
If you do ship it make sure to pick a reputable company with experience shipping "nice" cars (not hauling cars to the scrapyard) even if it costs a bit more. It is really easy to do all kinds of damage if the car isn't tied down properly. Unless it will be a huge PITA I'd drive it myself.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #24
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
If you do ship it make sure to pick a reputable company with experience shipping "nice" cars (not hauling cars to the scrapyard) even if it costs a bit more. It is really easy to do all kinds of damage if the car isn't tied down properly. Unless it will be a huge PITA I'd drive it myself.
See I'm about to just renew my on star and go for it.
but Ill find a good company and ask these questions

What happens if it falls off the truck?
What if theres a single scratch?
what if it's late?
what if it never comes………
Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #25
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon1LE View Post
Sorry about your experience here, but that is really not how it works when we own our own equipment. There are lots of "brokers" out there trying to hire our trucks. Yes they start out like some kind of "shipping wars" show on the internet, BUT people that know how to move cars the right way go directly to the trucking company (us) and get a quote without all the BS!
Too bad I didnt find you when I was looking. lol Its all good though. I got my car, it was safe and sound. That was my only worry. The price I paid to have it shipped was not high in my opinion, but right on the mark.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #26
Oregon1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSloth View Post
See I'm about to just renew my on star and go for it.
but Ill find a good company and ask these questions

What happens if it falls off the truck?
What if theres a single scratch?
what if it's late?
what if it never comes………
If it falls off the truck , I'll send pics to our insurance agent and cut ya a check within thirty days.

If there's a scratch, if it's not noted on the drivers paperwork, then I'll send pics of this to my ins agent and he will cut you a check within thirty days.

What if it's late, have you been late before?, this is still a truck drivin by a human, so YES it can happen that it will be late. Our drivers do the best they can, and do run late, but we communicate when there is a problem. On time deliveries is something we take pride in, our last month on time % was 92%, not 100%, but when based on over 5000 deliveries each month, I can work with these stats!

What if it never comes, CALL the police, and report it stolen. Give the authorities the bill of lading (which you receive a copy when picked) it will have the driver info, company info, and if if it was to be shipped out of state, you might want to contact the FBI also and report the paperwork. Then call your insurance company, they will contact me!

Pretty easy!
Agian , any questions , any rates? I'm here to help!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #27
Oregon1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSloth View Post
So I'm moving from Southern California to Northern Washington here soon.
I'm looking into having the car shipped vs driving.
Any one have any experience on shipping cars?
any suggestions?

We do this cheaper than you can drive it!
Los Angeles to Seattle is a shuttle for us two days transit!
Pm for price
Old 02-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #28
HaulnJ

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 GFX Heritage grill
Drive It!! The roads are excellent and a lot of good scenery! Drove the entire NW last summer and Cal. Had a great time. We did Hot august nights in Reno. drove to Frisco up the coast to the Redwoods, over to Crater Lake, back up the coast to Astoria. Drove to Portland and all the way down to San Diego . Best road trip ever.
HaulnJ is offline   Reply With Quote