Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-04-2018, 04:30 AM   #15
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have pretty decent amount of rub on my fronts, I’ll measure later today. But I have been fighting it and am going to try to raise it a bit. My camber is maxed at -1 degree or so. I’m on 1LE wheels with 285/35 tires.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWA SS View Post
I have pretty decent amount of rub on my fronts, I’ll measure later today. But I have been fighting it and am going to try to raise it a bit. My camber is maxed at -1 degree or so. I’m on 1LE wheels with 285/35 tires.
I do notice a bit of rub now, very low speed when the wheel is turned in driveway or parking lot. Car sitting I have 1/8”.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #17
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Sheesh, I have a set of HQ's on the way and I hope there're no issues! Too big of a company and too much money for these things to be an issue, especially if the tire sizes aren't outside of a ZL1 size (10" front 11" rear). I planned on getting wider tires for my 2011 SS but I may run into trouble it seems. I guess I should have done more research but like I said, Ridetech should have this crap figured out and fixed by now.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 PM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Sheesh, I have a set of HQ's on the way and I hope there're no issues! Too big of a company and too much money for these things to be an issue, especially if the tire sizes aren't outside of a ZL1 size (10" front 11" rear). I planned on getting wider tires for my 2011 SS but I may run into trouble it seems. I guess I should have done more research but like I said, Ridetech should have this crap figured out and fixed by now.
Dse coilovers are fat and can have the same issues.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:13 AM   #19
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

I switched from BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 a/s to Goodyear Supercar, 285/35 for either tire.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #20
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I switched from BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 a/s to Goodyear Supercar, 285/35 for either tire.
Get all the rubbing issues fixed? And what camber did you end up with?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 AM   #21
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Get all the rubbing issues fixed? And what camber did you end up with?
The GYs took care of it. Nothing else changed. I think I’m at -1*
I am guess the BFGoodrich were more blocked all season style vs GY sporty style.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
The GYs took care of it. Nothing else changed. I think I’m at -1*
I am guess the BFGoodrich were more blocked all season style vs GY sporty style.
One degree was all I could get with a one inch drop, 295/35/20 Ferrari spec mpss’s on the 20x10.5” wheels with 20 offset. When I switched to the mpss s-4’s in 285/35 And 3 or 5mm spacer I could get -2.4 camber.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #23
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Did you guys install your fronts in the “offset” position? Doing my install this weekend.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #24
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I had issues with my ridetechs rubbing against the inside of my front tires. I was tunning mpss on my ccw505a at the time. Ridetech sent me shorter springs that fixed that problem. Now I have the Continental extreme contact sports and the front is too low and the tires rub on the inside of the fenders on bumps and turns. If memory serves correctly I could only get about 1.5deg of neg camber. Im just going to raise the front by about .5 inch and see if that works.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #25
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Did you guys install your fronts in the “offset” position? Doing my install this weekend.
I did. Depends how much camber you want. I don’t change the camber plate back and forth from street to autocross. To much hassle. My adjusters bottom out at 2.4 degrees for some reason, but’s that’s ok as I don’t want more. Tire grip is best there for my setup, and wear is pretty even across the tread width. Though note I don’t drive the car a lot, maybe 4-5000 miles a year.
Another benefit of using more negative camber is you get more fender clearance with wider tires or not optimal wheel offset. With wide front tires you have to nail the offset and width. The Ridetechs were made with stock tire size in mind.
I to had to tailor way existing wheels and tires to work with the Ridetechs. And I have two sets I need to use.

If it helps, here again is what I am running with - 2.4 front camber:

Street= 20x10.5, 20 offset with 5mm spacer, 285/35/20 mpss s-4. If you don’t want more then stock camber then spacer may not be needed. Just watch fender clearance
Autocross = 19x10.75, 15 offset,no spacer, 305/30/19 re71s

Last edited by VR Baron; 06-15-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #26
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
I did. Depends how much camber you want. I don’t change the camber plate back and forth from street to autocross. To much hassle. My adjusters bottom out at 2.4 degrees for some reason, but’s that’s ok as I don’t want more. Tire grip is best there for my setup, and wear is pretty even across the tread width. Though note I don’t drive the car a lot, maybe 4-5000 miles a year.
Another benefit of using more negative camber is you get more fender clearance with wider tires or not optimal wheel offset. With wide front tires you have to nail the offset and width. The Ridetechs were made with stock tire size in mind.
I to had to tailor way existing wheels and tires to work with the Ridetechs. And I have two sets I need to use.

Street= 20x10.5, 20 offset with 5mm spacer, 285/35/20 mpss s-4. If you don’t want more then stock camber then spacer may not be needed. Just watch fender clearance
Thanks, that’s a lot of info! I’m just a street driver, a few times a year for fun. I’ll install them offset, no reason for me not to I don’t think. I will get bigger tires but I’m looking at 2013 ZL1 size wheels & tires. I shouldn’t have any issues, hopefully!
Old 06-15-2019, 12:35 PM   #27
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Quote:

I haven’t tracked mine in so long unfortunately. But I may look into spacers if I ever have the rub again. Once the GY are used up I’m trying Firestone Indy 500 285/35/20
What’s spacers did you use?
Old 06-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #28
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I haven’t tracked mine in so long unfortunately. But I may look into spacers if I ever have the rub again. Once the GY are used up I’m trying Firestone Indy 500 285/35/20
What’s spacers did you use?
Just little 3 and 5 mm spacers from the tire shop. Firestone 500s are junk for autocross. For street ok I guess.