Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #15
Finkleson

Drives: 16 2ss, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Grey A8
Saw a grey ZL1 LE still fresh (no plate) yesterday around Concord downtown.

http://www.winterchevrolet.com/Vehic...Cdesc&offset=0 still on their list if you wanna call them.
Finkleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #16
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
Yes sir! I made the mistake of driving mine home from the dealer because I wanted to put some break in miles on her. It felt like I was in a jon boat going over ocean size waves for four hours...
I personally love the feel of the ZL1 1LE, you feel completely in control of the car and road conditions. You can feel every bump and inconsistency, and the wheel feed back is amazing.

I've yet to track my ZL1 1LE and have over 3,000 miles on it. I've driven it for hours on end with no complaints whats so ever. Just my personal feedback for anyone who might be buying one.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #17
aausmana

Drives: f31, f15, Looking for ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
Wow! Kuni certainly didn’t let me drive their ZL1s! Stopped by there mid last year before I got my ZL1 (from Dublin Chevy) and Kuni was horrible. The salesman I dealt with at first knew nothing about the car and basically laughed when I asked if I could drive it. He told me the car is too special for someone to test drive. I asked to speak to the manager, he too said I couldn’t drive the car unless I gave them a $1000 deposit and signed a credit check. He was a total ass to me and my wife too. Never will set foot on that lot again!!
I actually got back earlier from Kuni and they did infect allow me to drive both the 1LE and ZL1 A10 they had on the floor.

Impressions - they are two completely different cars:

1LE - an absolute monster coupled with amazing engineering. Yes, the car rides very rough, but you do feel every bit of the road and where the car is at. The only downside to this is that a unevenness/bumps at mid/higher power band would definitely unsettle the car. It is louder in the cabin (expected). I honestly wanted to respect the dealership for allowing me to drive it and didn't get much past 3500 RPM but I think it was enough to help me understand the ability this car has. Overall, it is more to deal with from rigidity and interior noise levels, but that's why you get a 1LE IMO, besides the allure and eye appeal of the car...it's badass!

ZL1 A10 - the more subdued yet still a caged animal waiting to be unleashed. The ride quality was much better (better being quieter, more road absorption, etc.). The ability to pick through 10 gears is great in keeping with a targeted rev range for the purpose. I do wish it was a bit more responsive through the pedal across all modes when manual paddle shifting - My Opinion Only - but leaving it in auto mode seemed to deliver faster down shifts. Maybe it was because I drove the 1LE first, but the difference between sport and race were not all that noticeable to me, though having spoken with a few members of this forum, this is not the consensus.

I do wish they had the ZL1 with a manual but unfortunately that was not the case.

This has given me a lot to think about and consider.. Big thank you to all here for their input, opinions, advice, experiences!!!

More to come soon
aausmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #18
aausmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
Yes sir! I made the mistake of driving mine home from the dealer because I wanted to put some break in miles on her. It felt like I was in a jon boat going over ocean size waves for four hours...
Ha! OUCH! Thanks for the feedback Chub. Was it mostly highway or backroads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkleson View Post
Saw a grey ZL1 LE still fresh (no plate) yesterday around Concord downtown.

http://www.winterchevrolet.com/Vehic...Cdesc&offset=0 still on their list if you wanna call them.
Thanks Finkleson! Yep - they still have it and spoke with their GM yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
I personally love the feel of the ZL1 1LE, you feel completely in control of the car and road conditions. You can feel every bump and inconsistency, and the wheel feed back is amazing.

I've yet to track my ZL1 1LE and have over 3,000 miles on it. I've driven it for hours on end with no complaints whats so ever. Just my personal feedback for anyone who might be buying one.
Thanks Battlezone! I tend to lean in your direction and agree. Though I did not by any means spend a considerable amount of time driving, I do feel that there are advantages and some disadvantages (unsettling) of the setup.. At the end of the day I need to answer this question - which car will deliver more excitement and giddiness...
Old 02-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #19
speedraider

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2017 ZL1
Boardwalk chevy has great deals. I bought a left over 2016 Z06 2lz for 62,500 with msrp of 89500. Not sure what camaro prices are.
speedraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:57 PM   #20
aausmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedraider View Post
Boardwalk chevy has great deals. I bought a left over 2016 Z06 2lz for 62,500 with msrp of 89500. Not sure what camaro prices are.
I've heard that twice today! Thanks speedraider - I'll take a look.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:34 PM   #21
silverbullet415

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Good luck I flew to la to get mine
silverbullet415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #22
aausmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet415 View Post
Good luck I flew to la to get mine
Thanks silverbullet! Once decided it is all about the end price that will be the deciding factor of dealership.

Perhaps a get together in the coming months when the trigger is pulled.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #23
silverbullet415

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aausmana View Post
Thanks silverbullet! Once decided it is all about the end price that will be the deciding factor of dealership.

Perhaps a get together in the coming months when the trigger is pulled.
If you’re in my area I’ll give you a ride, I don’t think the ride is harsh
silverbullet415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #24
aausmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet415 View Post
If you’re in my area I’ll give you a ride, I don’t think the ride is harsh
Thanks silverbullet - Much appreciated! I was able to drive one yesterday and tend to agree. It is a very stiff ride but not unbearable for what it is you're driving.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Well, you know my opinion

I went out Bear Creek, Relieze Valley, etc. after lunch thinking it would be fun... I'm seriously contemplating a used MX-5 or Fiesta ST for backroads driving.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #26
aausmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Well, you know my opinion

I went out Bear Creek, Relieze Valley, etc. after lunch thinking it would be fun... I'm seriously contemplating a used MX-5 or Fiesta ST for backroads driving.
Indeed. Great meeting you both yesterday - thanks again for taking the time!

Haha - even with the Pilots you're running? Do you think it's worse with the pilots vs. R3?
Old 02-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #27
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
No difference, the tires really don't have that much of an effect on the NVH of the car.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #28
aausmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
No difference, the tires really don't have that much of an effect on the NVH of the car.
What about running at 29/30 psi? Understanding it wears faster.

Tags
1le, sell, test drive, zl1