Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #155
Atlas24601

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I wish the 1LE came from the factory with a few things changed...

1. Used the LT376/535 crate motor instead of the normal LT1.

2. Lighter weight flywheel

3. Skip shift delete

4. It should have come with the GM performance parts strut tower brace.

5. Rear seat delete

6. It shouldnt need to have any of the fluids changed to be track ready.

7. I wish it had options for the 10 speed auto and the same wheel tire setup as the ZL1 1LE. That would be the car to send to all the car magazines for their testing.
Atlas24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:20 PM   #156
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas24601 View Post
I wish the 1LE came from the factory with a few things changed...

1. Used the LT376/535 crate motor instead of the normal LT1.

2. Lighter weight flywheel

3. Skip shift delete

4. It should have come with the GM performance parts strut tower brace.

5. Rear seat delete

6. It shouldnt need to have any of the fluids changed to be track ready.

7. I wish it had options for the 10 speed auto and the same wheel tire setup as the ZL1 1LE. That would be the car to send to all the car magazines for their testing.
1. Would definitely be sweet, but I suspect that would put us dangerously close to the ZL1. Last I heard, they tend to dyno in the 520 hp range stock (will vary by car and dyno). With 535 hp crank and lighter weight, we would be almost even.

2. Would be cool, but there's always the aftermarket for that. Light weight flywheels tend to vibrate and chatter and many people (starting with whiny automotive journalists) would cry about the noise just like they cry about the ZL1 1LE's suspension being too harsh. I daily drove one for years (car with light flywheel) and it was fun, but my passengers would ask and/or complain about the noise.

3. Agree with you 100%, that mess is annoying. At least a button or menu option to turn it off would have been great!

4. AL O said in the Ask Al section that the strut brace is unnecessary and just translates to dead weight for those of us who track our cars.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517935

5. Rear seat delete does nothing noticeable for performance. Only a serious pro driver can make use of that slight weight loss and some of us use our rear seat. You can always take it out if you don't want it. I considered it before buying the car, but ended up leaving it.

6. I always wonder about this. Would they have changed the fluids in all the test cars they gave automotive reviewers to put on track or use the stock? In any case, changing fluids is a little annoying, however, you will be changing them a lot if you track often.

7. AL O also made it clear that 1LE cars are enthusiast cars and will not get automatic transmissions.
https://www.autotrader.com/car-revie...-review-266994
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote