Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Give me ideas on where to drive on weekends!

I live in Dallas just temporary and will move home to Sweden next spring. Many weekends when I haven't had anything special to do I've been wondering if I should just jump in to my car and go for a long drive to see cool stuff in Texas.

So far it hasn't been much. I went to the Stock Yards in Fort Worth yesterday and it was really cool and definitely something that relates to Texas in my head.

Do you guys have any suggestions on cool roads to drive with the Camaro? I love history and typical local stuff and I want to explore as much as possible.

Thanks guys!

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
San Antonio?
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
San Antonio?
And what would you do there over the day? Is it a nice city just to walk around in or do you have other suggestions?

Old 10-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
San Antonio?
This!!!!!!

Weekends are nice there, the riverwalk is fun
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:45 AM   #5
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
The Alamo is in San Antonio as well. Talk about Texas history, that is one thing to see for sure. Dont be disappointed as it is smaller than you would think. Riverwalk is really nice. Has shoping and restaurants. If you ave a weekend come down to Corpus Christi or Galveston to the beach.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #6
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Are you looking to visit a place or looking for a fun drive?
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #7
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
Are you looking to visit a place or looking for a fun drive?
I'm looking for fun/nice drives through Texas to see the "real Texas" or historical locations to take cool photos etc. Just stuff that I need to see before I move back to Sweden.

I don't want to come to Sweden to hear "Oh why did you not visit XXXX while you were in Texas?" :P

Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #8
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
I'm looking for fun/nice drives through Texas to see the "real Texas" or historical locations to take cool photos etc. Just stuff that I need to see before I move back to Sweden.

I don't want to come to Sweden to hear "Oh why did you not visit XXXX while you were in Texas?" :P
If you have plenty of time, pick a route way west of I35 and go thru the small towns: something like 183 or 281 to go thru the Highland Lakes area (Marble Fall), Johnson City, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, San Antonio. Between Kerrville and San Antonio, make sure you take 16 and enjoy. On the way back, go thru Luling to take the toll road I130 thru Lockhart to Austin and then East toward Brenham, Washington, Bryan...Texas is so big but the best part is the hill country.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #9
kbui

By the way, there is a long cruise this Saturdayn (Nov 8). There will be a lot of cars doing the "3 Sisters". It's starting out in Kerrville.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
Old 11-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #10
kbui

This is the link with info on the cruise this Saturday. https://www.facebook.com/events/681674888594815/

Old 11-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Big Bend National Park

I've ridden a motorcycle (in June) around the Malmö/Helsingborg area. My motorcycle club Brother took me to a National Park? where there was a lighthouse. It was COLD in June - he brought a jacket for this dumb Texas boy who didn't know the Kattegat winds are always cold. Passed by a "Grand something or another Hotel" overlooking a nice little marina. We stopped there on the way back and had a great seafood dinner. It was beautiful. The sun going down at 11:20 and coming up at 4:30 sucked.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #12
sccarally

Drives: MG TD
On the weekend of December 6, you can run our roadrally, starting in Rockwall, going out in the Lake Tawakoni area, and circling back to Rockwall, about 90 miles in all. You will have a specific course to follow, but the competition is not based on speed or timing, but following the rules and having sharp eyes. We will end in a fun pizza establishment. Go to msreg.com/CBR14dec for more information or to preregister.
sccarally is offline   Reply With Quote