Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #141
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Its just silly , The V6 Camaro's look awesome and have plenty of balls . Its a Camaro and my 2010 V6 looks almost exactly as a 2SS, I test drove both and decided the extra $ was going to cut it too tight , I have 3 kids in college and a mortgage payment and like to go out and enjoy life. It is not like the V6 Camaro is 3/4 size , Like they did the Mustangs 4 bangers
I think that is what pisses some of them off more than anything. At least for 2014 there is more difference between the SS and V6 models than before.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #142
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think that is what pisses some of them off more than anything. At least for 2014 there is more difference between the SS and V6 models than before.
I am going to disagree with this statement, both have obvious differences.

I could look at the front, back, side of any un-modded SS or V6 any see a difference.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #143
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Like the front splitter, badges, and ground effects kits?
Old 06-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #144
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Like the front splitter, badges, and ground effects kits?
Actually none of the things you mention.

Front: facia
Rear: tips and diffuser
Side: calipers / rotors

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #145
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

I could look at the front, back, side of any un-modded SS or V6 any see a difference.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
I guess you have forgot all the threads asking for more differences between the models. You can tell the difference but the average Joe hasn't got a clue how to tell.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #146
20131LS

Drives: '14 1LT/RS
Some of us older guys (I'm 43) are over the modding and quarter mile track stuff. That's why I chose the V6. I like the "show" and don't really need the "go" anymore. I had a 12 second 383 LT1 car in the 90's and really didn't want to go down that road again.

2013 1LS SW Hugger Orange Rally stripes
Elite catch can
Emblempros LS emblems and gill stripes: Traded 5/20/14
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #147
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
I guess you have forgot all the threads asking for more differences between the models. You can tell the difference but the average Joe hasn't got a clue how to tell.
He'll, some Camaro owners don't have a clue.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #148
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
mc_accoustic, you wanting a manual or auto? Go test drive one and find out for yourself b/c on here when it comes to the auto V8 some say it doesn't really feel all that much better....while some will have you believe the difference is like going to a Bugatti.

Really, just go find out for yourself. Of course its faster...but is it what you are expecting? Nobody here can tell you that.

Side note: You are posting new threads all the time asking about adding mods, how they will affect your car, and other random questions about your V6, and then suddenly your thinking V8? That's fine I guess but just amazes me sometimes. When I bought my V6 I knew what I was getting into, and I knew I wouldn't be upgrading. If you know from the beginning you want big power, just go V8 unless you are like very few here and want to put lots of work into a forced induction V6.
X10 To the 5th power
Old 06-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #149
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
He'll, some Camaro owners don't have a clue.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
I think it's funny when someone is going all droolie over my car looking it over with the 1LT emblems and the 323HP emblems and they STILL ASK if its an SS. And that was even before my ACS TL1 insert.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #150

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
What I find interesting is how many purchase a car before actually researching all the differences. It happens to V-8 owners as well (not aware of AFM, for example)....

Some "surprises" after the fact aren't that big of a deal to want to trade or sell right away....but having regrets or disappointments right away is sort of a bummer...

In my case, I sort of wish I would have ponied up a little more and gotten a convertible...I wrestled with it at the time of purchase, but decided my budget limit was to stay with the coupe. Not to worry, though...all these differences in models and prices is part of the game. And they want you to get sucked into trading up, spending more money for something newer at some point. It's a play on egos, keeping up with the Jones's...that sort of thing...

If you try and think it all through before you buy anything, you'll be money-ahead and much happier over-all...
Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #151
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
What I find interesting is how many purchase a car before actually researching all the differences. It happens to V-8 owners as well (not aware of AFM, for example)....

Some "surprises" after the fact aren't that big of a deal to want to trade or sell right away....but having regrets or disappointments right away is sort of a bummer...

In my case, I sort of wish I would have ponied up a little more and gotten a convertible...I wrestled with it at the time of purchase, but decided my budget limit was to stay with the coupe. Not to worry, though...all these differences in models and prices is part of the game. And they want you to get sucked into trading up, spending more money for something newer at some point. It's a play on egos, keeping up with the Jones's...that sort of thing...

If you try and think it all through before you buy anything, you'll be money-ahead and much happier over-all...
Well I bought a 1LT coupe in 2009, always wished I had waited for the convertible. I traded up to the 2012 convertible a year ago but stuck with the 1LT because that part I was completely happy with.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #152

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Well I bought a 1LT coupe in 2009, always wished I had waited for the convertible. I traded up to the 2012 convertible a year ago but stuck with the 1LT because that part I was completely happy with.
And that's the beauty of this line of cars. There is something available for whatever your priorities are for your driving enjoyment. And sometimes that enjoyment is lessened if you spend more than you should for something you don't really need or want.

All models of Camaros have something unique to offer depending on what you want. Buy a model with "everything" and it will cost you accordingly.
No big secret, but if there wasn't meant to be choices for whatever reason, there would only be one model offered...lol...
Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #153
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
They both turn heads regardless...
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #154
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Actually none of the things you mention.

Front: facia
Rear: tips and diffuser
Side: calipers / rotors

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Closed Thread