Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
Phoenix_Gilmore

Drives: 2020 2SS
Headers for the I4 engine

Does anyone know anything about the headers on this engine? I really want to get new headers and see how loud I can get this car to be. Anyone have any clue if anyone has aftermarket headers for this engine yet??
Phoenix_Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:00 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiu View Post
Turbo cars don't have "headers" like a natural aspiration motor. It's commonly referred to as a exhaust manifold. Not that anyone makes one right now, but changing it won't really effect the sound at all, since the turbo it's self, muffles the exhaust.

If you install a cat-less down pipe, and remove the mufflers, that's going to be about as loud as it gets.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Gilmore View Post
Does anyone know anything about the headers on this engine? I really want to get new headers and see how loud I can get this car to be. Anyone have any clue if anyone has aftermarket headers for this engine yet??
Get cutouts with catless downpipes or catted hi-flo's if your not looking to tune and dump the cutouts right after the cats. That's the loudest you'll get more then likely.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 06-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
Captslow

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS I4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Get cutouts with catless downpipes or catted hi-flo's if your not looking to tune and dump the cutouts right after the cats. That's the loudest you'll get more then likely.
That's what I have but I have no cats at all and when the cutout is open our car has a very unique sound. I like it.
Captslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #5
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
OP isn't wrong. A custom made exhaust manifold even for a turbo car is still referred to as a 'Header'. Just because he pluralized it doesn't mean he needs to be talked down to.

OP, a few companies are looking into making a new header for the LTG engine. If you want one right NOW, you'd have to find a shop to custom build it for you, and that would be expensive. I know of one company that has already made one, but I've stopped mentioning their name due to their shady business practices as of late. If you happen to stumble across that company, watch out! They have screwed at least 1 member on this forum, and a few on the Cadillac ATS forum.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

See I was a good boy only made helpful suggestions this time. One of my rare finer moments.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Talked down to, wtf are you talking about? I simply explained to him the correct term for them. If he wants to continue to call them headers then he can go ahead and do so, but people will just continually correct him. Headers are often interpreted as a naturally aspirated, performance exhaust manifold. Irregardless is not really a word, yet people use it all the time.
You shouldn't be correcting anyone when you're in the wrong.

http://www.shearerfabrications.com/t...boheaders.html
Old 06-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #8
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Guys cmon not even that serious to cause tension on these lovely forums
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #9
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Yes your right, never mind the fact that the use of "turbo headers" in both of those links are for V8's. Sure a few 4 and 6 cylinder headers show up in that header category. However when you click on the links for them, in the description they are called manifolds. Maybe it has something to do with flanges vs V bands...... 1 vs 2, what do I know, maybe it's a new school thing.

I'll mount these with manifolds since headers don't exists for that car.
Yes, my Shearer link has 5 different V8 options, but it has several 4 cyl options as they started as a DSM shop. Regardless of engine size, a custom made exhaust manifold is colloquially referred to as a 'header'.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #10
Ashium

Drives: Camaro 2.0t, 300zx TT, LSTT Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
Guys cmon not even that serious to cause tension on these lovely forums
You are correct I redacted my statements. Much less frustrating to just be a lurker.
Ashium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

It was all good it's CT's turn to break your balls.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:30 AM   #12
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
It was all good it's CT's turn to break your balls.
Really not about breaking balls. It's a new member asking a question. There is no need to be a pedant about jargon. (Aside from the fact that the new member wasn't really wrong) This community will not grow if first time posters are driven off by an attack. I, personally, am mindful of whom I am replying to and their post count. Any new user, I attempt to lightly spoonfeed, until I see them becoming a regular. Without new blood, we will die. But yes, once someone has joined in, then all bets are off! If you're being an asshole, I'll gladly be the first one to tell anyone.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:05 AM   #13
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Do I have to step in and discipline the children? lmao

For the FNG

Straighten them out dad! Haha
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #14
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Do I have to step in and discipline the children? lmao

For the FNG

Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, bolt on, engine, header