Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
Angry Help! My Camaro has overheating! Cant fix!

Hello people! Im José from Paraguay. I bought recently a 2011 Camaro RS, but this car its a headache for me now!

Everything its ok, but the 7º day of use, the car has engine overheated from nothing! I think the seller its a scammer..

I was driving and the alarm sounded saying that the engine was overheated. I immediately parked at a gas station and turned off the engine. I waited about half an hour and I bought refrigerant for the doubts, I loaded but it was not much. I got to my house and soon began to warm back.
The next day I take the workshop, and the mechanic tells me to buy the radiator and the hoses. As I am in Paraguay, buying the USA spare parts arrives in 10 to 12 days ..
I bring the new radiator to the mechanic and he tells me he keeps heating up. He tells me it's probably the water pump. The problem is that my car already takes 17 days in the workshop and if I buy back the water pump would have to wait 12 more days, besides the real problem may not be the water pump. I am desperate, since here in my country not many touch these engines and charge very expensive

This its a video of the day after for the overheating. Sorry for my english. Thanks people

https://vid.me/Ej0x
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
moloko

Another thing..

This part of the engine is uncovered. When the engine starts to heat, that area starts to make a noise like klik klik klik without stopping.

I'm very suspicious that part of the engine is uncovered

Old 05-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Are you sure the overflow bottle has enough coolant? That was my issue the one time I had the warning. The dipstick is hard to read. Over-filling it will just mean that some will be expelled to the ground when the car gets hot.

Leave the radiator cap off when you start the car. When it heats up enough to open the thermostat you should see the fluid begin to flow through the system. If it is a good rush the water pump is probably not the problem.

Are the fans turning on when it gets hot?
Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
moloko

As I said before, the car is 17 days ago in the mechanic shop. I cant test anything right here..

The mechanic made me buy a brand new radiator but it did not solve the problem.

Yes, the fans light up hard before starting to warm the engine
Old 05-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #5
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
It might just be me but it almost looked like the top hose hooked up to the radiator is bulging. :28 seconds into the video. If the hose is bulging, then it could be your water temp gauge is not working and so it's not letting coolant into the engine block. I am not a mechanic by no means but I do recall something like a this happening to a car I had like 20 yrs ago.

joe...
Old 05-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
moloko

The loss of the hose (the video) was the next day it warmed the engine.

The day that he warmed the engine did not lose any liquid
Old 06-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #7
moloko

Hello! I still with the temperature problem on my 2011 Camaro RS..

Two months and the issue continues.. Cant fix.. Im starting to hate this car.. I bought his Camaro 3 months ago, but spend more time in the workshop than with me..

First, I replaced the Radiator from one new, all hoses and water pump, but the overheat continues..

I take another workshop, says they do not have the thermostat on.. but the another thermostat it was locked and cleaned left as new.. This Camaro has two two thermostats rights?

Ok the car works good all day, but the next day the car overheat again! But before overheat, the AC has on and starts to pull vapor (white smoke)

Now the refrigerant has leaks.. I found in the auxiliar radiator tank a litle leak, but the mayor problems has the car has to much pression in the radiator, heat fast with refrigerant or not..

We discard the gasket sine there are no bubbles.. BUT, im starting to get tired of my Camaro.. I already spent a lot of money in import parts and mechanics but still no solution..

I cant enjoy the car because its always with the problem that overheats..

Last thing, the RPM gauge has always up and low, little but appreciable

122Cº has 251Fº
Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
It sounds like a thermostat.
Did they actually replace it?
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #9
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Do the electric fans turn on?

Also, are you sure that the engine is indeed overheating? Maybe the temperature sensor has a problem, and is giving you a false alarm.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #10
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
I was trying to search on this and came across this thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=151862&page=2
This case sounded like they replaced the coolant sensor accompanied with a flash of the pcm.

Also saw anther thread and you may pm steveRS as it sounds like he dealt with v6 overheating and electrical issues.

Sorry your going through this. Sucks having to import parts and sounds like your lacking good technical support due to location. I personally hate those shops that just throw parts at problems.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #11
moloko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
It sounds like a thermostat.
Did they actually replace it?
The mechanic says not found first thermostat.. But the another thermostat has locked, cleaned it and installed it back..

I want to know if this 2011 Camaro RS has the same two thermosthat?

Old 06-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #12
moloko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Do the electric fans turn on?

Also, are you sure that the engine is indeed overheating? Maybe the temperature sensor has a problem, and is giving you a false alarm.
Yes, and the auxiliary fans its runing at 100% when the cooling temperature its above 230F, to hot! Its not the temperature sensor, because the coolant its hot and arrives at boiling point
Old 06-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #13
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloko View Post
The mechanic says not found first thermostat.. But the another thermostat has locked, cleaned it and installed it back..

I want to know if this 2011 Camaro RS has the same two thermosthat?

Sounds to me that they should have replaced it if it was 'locked.'
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #14
Piasek

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Sounds to me that they should have replaced it if it was 'locked.'
Exactly, You can not clean the thermostat -it has to be changed for new one!
Also if You want to be 100% sure that it is problem that thermostat is blocked and it causing overheating - than take out thermostat, put the hoses back on the engine and start engine without thermostat.
Than You will have free liquid flow through whole system - so car will need longer time to heat the system but no possibility to overheat (if the problem is really thermostate). Also than You can drive the car till new thermostate came.

Tags
engine, hot, issue, overheating