Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #225
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Well then it's even dumber to ignore the biggest economy on the planet.
Yes, that sure would be dumb if anyone was actually doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
At the rate their economy is growing while ours is stagnating/shrinking, it won't be long before we will be the second largest economy in the world.

FYI, even Cuba's GDP is also growing at a faster rate than ours is right now.
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone with a basic understanding of the GDP function. GDP is inherently biased toward states with increasing debt and decreasing assets as well as explosive population growth, so GNI and PPP (and nominal per-capita GDP) should really be of greater concern. It is impossible to maintain the level of growth we have seen in the past and some developing countries enjoy today.

If anyone would like to have a real discussion of global oil trade and US policy regarding oil and other fossil fuels I would happily do so in PM. Unfortunately all oil trade is political by nature and a real in depth explanation of most US policy would violate a ton of Camaro5 rules. The one thing I can say is that, in general, most US oil policy restricting use of oil/gasoline in any way has been passed with the intention of reducing oil dependency to dampen future supply issues from OPEC/OAPEC.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #226
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Yes, that sure would be dumb if anyone was actually doing it.
No one asked for a 4 cylinder, and these forums are both indicative of the Camaro buyer and full of threads and sections devoted to adding power to the car.

You're obfuscation mystifies me, but I guess someone has to have their head in the sand.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #227
trademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
No one asked for a 4 cylinder, and these forums are both indicative of the Camaro buyer and full of threads and sections devoted to adding power to the car.

You're obfuscation mystifies me, but I guess someone has to have their head in the sand.
Tell me why you think adding power to the car would be harder with a turbocharged 4-cylinder than it is with a naturally aspirated 6. Examine the turbo 4 cylinders currently on the market with similar power levels to the v6 camaro. Each and every one of them will pick up far more power than the v6 camaro per dollar spent

These forums are indicative of opinions of current owners. They are less than targeted at potential owners of a yet-to-be-offered drivetrain option. If all GM did with new models was appeal to current owners their market base would fall apart with every new generation. It also seems that the first few pages, before the thread was overrun with bickering, had a pretty balanced sample with quite a bit of approval for a turbo 4. The fact that Ford is going to offer an ecoboost 4 and the success of the ecoboost 6 in the f150 are indicative of a very receptive market for turbocharged, smaller displacement drivetrains in what have historically been large-displacement vehicles.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #228
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
First of all, that was over a decade ago in January of 2003. Second, how do the actions of a terrorist organization reflect, "the way things are going" ?
I'm surropunded by low information voters.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #229
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_ View Post
You know, you say that a lot. I have my facts, I've got the experience and that's what I'm entitled to. I guess in your world, 1-liter bikes get beat by anything with more than 4-cylinders.
In your world an ant can beat up a human because the ant can lift 50 times his body weight and a human can only lift one.

Now that your straw man has been incinerated, why not compare engines in the SAME vehicle against each other???
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #230
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

This thread is beyond saving.
Maybe it needs to be "Fundamentally Transformed"? After all, we all go around "Fundamentally Transforming" the things we love.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #231
trademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'm surropunded by low information voters.
Another quality sidestep from the Captain. Being aware of, and recognizing trends in, oil trade and policy in the industry is quite literally my profession. You are wasting the time of everyone here because you make claims then refuse to support them because you are obviously incapable.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #232
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
The fact that Ford is going to offer an ecoboost 4 and the success of the ecoboost 6 in the f150 are indicative of a very receptive market for turbocharged, smaller displacement drivetrains in what have historically been large-displacement vehicles.
Apparently they didn't tell you at the seminar about all the problems people are having with the ECO-BUST F-150. Stalling, loss of power, limp mode, stuttering... and the list goes on.

A big simple V8 making the same power will be inherently more reliable and have lower maintenance costs. Very desireable features for many people.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #233
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Another quality sidestep from the Captain. Being aware of, and recognizing trends in, oil trade and policy in the industry is quite literally my profession. You are wasting the time of everyone here because you make claims then refuse to support them because you are obviously incapable.
It's not "side stepping" when you don't waste time answering the obvious. I wouldn't waste valuable time explaining which way things fall when you drop them either.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #234
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
It is impossible to maintain the level of growth we have seen in the past and some developing countries enjoy today.
I'm pretty sure that the economy isn't supposed to be CONTRACTING.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #235
trademaster

Quote:
It's not "side stepping" when you don't waste time answering the obvious. I wouldn't waste valuable time explaining which way things fall when you drop them either.
So in your mind the direct relation between the actions of individuals in a terrorist organization over 10 years ago and the assumed direction of legislation in the near term is intrinsically obvious?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the economy isn't supposed to be CONTRACTING.
Supposed to and what we desire are two different things. Our economy was artificially inflated by a decade of fraudulent banking activity starting with GLB and culminating in the fall of Lehman and the Great Recession which was really a correction, but it's not over yet. Most of the recovery is due to QE by the Fed creating a bull market which isn't, "real" in the long term, so yes our economy is supposed to be contracting by any realistic short term models.

With that I am done with this thread. It's going nowhere at incredible speeds and soon we'll be arguing about Flaming Hot Cheetos and their impact on geological exploration.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #236
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Apparently they didn't tell you at the seminar about all the problems people are having with the ECO-BUST F-150. Stalling, loss of power, limp mode, stuttering... and the list goes on.
Turbocharged cars are less reliable. But hey, more breakdowns and a higher cost of ownership are worth it for the 'greater good'.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/49842/tu...in-popularity/

Quote:
A big simple V8 making the same power will be inherently more reliable and have lower maintenance costs. Very desireable features for many people.
“The EcoBoost engine is smooth, pretty quiet, refined. It’s a nice engine,” said Consumer Reports testing director Jake Fisher. “But it didn’t get any better fuel economy than the 5.0-liter V-8, which is a great engine. Personally, I like the grunt and the sound of the V-8. I don’t think I’d pay the extra money for the smaller motor.”

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...,6173735.story

But what does he know? People who have never held private sector jobs know best about what cars automakers need to be making.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #237
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
So in your mind the direct relation between the actions of individuals in a terrorist organization over 10 years ago and the assumed direction of legislation in the near term is intrinsically obvious?

Supposed to and what we desire are two different things. Our economy was artificially inflated by a decade of fraudulent banking activity starting with GLB and culminating in the fall of Lehman and the Great Recession which was really a correction, but it's not over yet. Most of the recovery is due to QE by the Fed creating a bull market which isn't, "real" in the long term, so yes our economy is supposed to be contracting by any realistic short term models.

With that I am done with this thread. It's going nowhere at incredible speeds and soon we'll be arguing about Flaming Hot Cheetos and their impact on geological exploration.
Leaving, so soon? Now who's REALLY sidestepping?

The irony is that I agree with you that the problem stems from the fed. But it has a lot to do with them artificially holding down interest rates right now so that the masterminds can borrow more money for their spending addiction. We're due for a correction that is going to be quite painful.

But my point before was that without all this meddling and calibrating the economy by what seem like complete hypocrites and morons, the economy would in fact be growing, not shrinking.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #238
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
But what does he know? People who have never held private sector jobs know best about what cars automakers need to be making.
I suppose that if you don't actually own or drive a car that gives you some kind of special insight into what people need. if you don't own a car you can say you have no bias for one type over another and can make better informed decisions.

You, on the other hand have a Musclecar, so you will be inherently biased and therefore cannot make decisions on your own.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation