Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 10-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #85
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRedFirebird View Post
Hey man, so glad to see your car is finally finished - it would be awesome if we could get both of our cars together haha.

Let me know how you get the badge off the grille! I ended up just covering mine with electrical tape in the short term (it's actually a perfect color match lol).

Final question, did you go with the OEM hood/scoop? I only ask because that set of parts is just outrageously expensive ($2500 shipped after discounts)

... the car looks freaking fantastic.
he said in another post OEM hood and Scoop, trust me that is pretty darn cheap compared to the 5th Gen ZL1 hood and the ECF insert alone is $4500 and another $900 for the hood.

When I do my ZL1 appearance conversion I am going all OEM in the end expensive but well worth it for OEM parts.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #86
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
this is awesome. turned out great!
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #87
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
he said in another post OEM hood and Scoop, trust me that is pretty darn cheap compared to the 5th Gen ZL1 hood and the ECF insert alone is $4500 and another $900 for the hood.

When I do my ZL1 appearance conversion I am going all OEM in the end expensive but well worth it for OEM parts.
The $2500 was after discounts like I said... at list price (what you're quoting) it's right around $3800 as well. It is a stellar hood - it is just wild how much more expensive it is than any other single component.

Good look with your conversion!
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #88
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
@abez,
Congratulations well done. I am really impressed. If you make now a few pictures from the same side and angle as you did in your 1st post. Like before and after. Please please
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #89
abez

Drives: 2016 1SS
Thanks!

Thanks you guys! I'll post up more pictures of better angles!
abez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #90
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
@abez,
Congratulations well done. I am really impressed. If you make now a few pictures from the same side and angle as you did in your 1st post. Like before and after. Please please
Thanks bro! I'll go ahead and upload a few more pictures with better angles today
Old 10-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #91
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
Yes they will - drove a rebuilt F150 for years, my dad has it now and is still driving it. Had it insured the entire time I had it (full coverage).

Key to salvage titles is lots of pictures before the repairs so you know what you are buying.

Congrats to the OP on a great build!
Thanks Man! Also I was able to get full coverage on the vehicle!!The insurance company didn't ask for any pictures?? I'm not sure if they asked for pictures of your F150?
Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #92
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRedFirebird View Post
Hey man, so glad to see your car is finally finished - it would be awesome if we could get both of our cars together haha.

Let me know how you get the badge off the grille! I ended up just covering mine with electrical tape in the short term (it's actually a perfect color match lol).

Final question, did you go with the OEM hood/scoop? I only ask because that set of parts is just outrageously expensive ($2500 shipped after discounts)

... the car looks freaking fantastic.
Hey man, So I didn't end up taking off the emblem nor have I attempted to(I just haven't got to it). I think it might be attached with some sort of 3M adhesive tape and can probably be removed with a heat gun. I actually went to a "Westcomaros" meet the other day and did not get bashed one bit for still having the emblem in fact I actually received tons of compliments on the build.

I actually did go all OEM on this build so the Hood is OEM and the Carbon Fiber Insert is OEM as well. The CF insert was a big chunk of change, it was the most expensive piece on the build but if I were you I'd save my marbles and purchase it because it makes the car look 1000x's better!!

P.S It would lol your 2,500 miles away! I'll see if I can take a road trip next spring or summer I've been wanting to see a few states
Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #93
Cobaltct

Drives: 2018 camaro ZL1 in Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by abez View Post
Hey man, So I didn't end up taking off the emblem nor have I attempted to(I just haven't got to it). I think it might be attached with some sort of 3M adhesive tape and can probably be removed with a heat gun. I actually went to a "Westcomaros" meet the other day and did not get bashed one bit for still having the emblem in fact I actually received tons of compliments on the build.

I actually did go all OEM on this build so the Hood is OEM and the Carbon Fiber Insert is OEM as well. The CF insert was a big chunk of change, it was the most expensive piece on the build but if I were you I'd save my marbles and purchase it because it makes the car look 1000x's better!!

P.S It would lol your 2,500 miles away! I'll see if I can take a road trip next spring or summer I've been wanting to see a few states

Can you post a complete list of items needed im planning on doing this to my car and want to make sure i get everything. also how much did the parts and labor, thanks again awesome build by the way.
Cobaltct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #94
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltct View Post
Can you post a complete list of items needed im planning on doing this to my car and want to make sure i get everything. also how much did the parts and labor, thanks again awesome build by the way.
Thanks man! & will do! I will update all of that on the first page; I just need to find the time to go through I invoices but I will try to make it as detailed as possible for all you guys!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #95
abez

New Video!!!

https://youtu.be/O7nQOgIaxbE&fs=1">https://youtu.be/O7nQOgIaxbE&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="855" height="505">

Check it out I hope it gives you guys a little different perspective of how things went out!

Shout out to "Jastone" for showing me how to embed these videos lol
Old 10-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #96
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le

Looks GREAT!!
Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 AM   #97
tomwid12

Drives: Nissan GTR; 6Gen Camaro SS
You never mentioned your airbags, what did you do? Just bypass them?
tomwid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #98
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwid12 View Post
You never mentioned your airbags, what did you do? Just bypass them?
Actually I just worked on those this week; I had sent out the Air Bag Module(Located under the center console at the back) to get reset and the Seat belt Tensioners to be reset as well and reinstalled them and the airbag light has come off. I don't recommend just bypassing them because at the end of the day you want to be safe and have the airbags working correctly in case of a accident.

Tags
1ss, camaro build, conversion, mods, zl1