Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I had a modded 5th gen. Loved the car, but a 6th gen...it is not.

The only thing I can come up with (other than price) the 5th gen has over the 6th gen is a slightly roomier interior (bit more shoulder room, and backseat room) but were talking Camaros here. Both are a cramped...just the 6th gen is a bit more cramped lol.

Styling makes a BIG difference in opinion. If you love the 5th gen and do not like the 6th...that might be all the reason you need to go get a 5th gen and be happy. But if you still think the 6th gen looks good...just maybe not quite as good. Well then you should test drive both and your opinion may change. The 5th is absolutely NOT a bad car. But the 6th gen just trounces it in so many ways.

Here's my final thoughts: Again, if a 5th gen is what your heart desires...go get it. If you really are considering a 6th and after a test drive you decide you like it, then go find a slightly used 2SS and save yourself thousands of dollars.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #30
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocid View Post
Currently trying to get a camaro. My price limit is about $35k, which puts me into 2SS range if they do a red tag event this year. With sales being in the gutter, that is very likely.

I need some input/help on a couple options I know the folks here are gonna be super knowledgeable.

1SS: I like leather, but I could live with cloth depending on quality. How is the quality? Is it a cloth fabric, or more of a smooth suede?

2SS: I see this car has 9 Bose speakers... I'd probably want to upgrade down the road. Is that possible? I know Bose can sometimes be a PITA to upgrade. How does the system compare to the 1SS?

2015: so I wouldn't normally consider given the upgrades done with the 2016+ models, but if I trade my vehicle in for this I would basically get a paycheck to go buy an intake, exhaust, and maybe something else. How nice are these comparatively? Is it really a $8,000 upgrade? I linked the used one I found

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=165778090

Any help or input would be appreciated!
Gen 5 is a great car, but with the money you have go with the Gen 6, its a better car. I have owned a Gen 5 for 6 years, Great car. But the Gen 6 is just the next step forward.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #31
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
Wow, a 1SS for $30k! I musta been robbed. I bought my 1SS with MRC and npp for $38k out the door(tax, title, everything). Where did you buy it if I may ask because that is the best deal I've seen, and I thought I did a lot of research.

And I have cloth seats OP and they are very comfortable!
You must have not been looking around on the forums much at the end of last year. I've seen people who beat my deal. I've seen 2ss for 33k. 1ss as low as 29k.

GM was doing 20% off and you could get more if the car had been sitting. My dealership did 20% and an additional 1400 rebate.

I drove to Pennsylvania to get it. Lafferty Chevrolet. 1ss a8 npp and glowtie. 30,600 plus tax etc. was around 33k otd don't remember exact #

Same thing will happen with the 17s end of this year.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max RS View Post
The 2015 SS is a nice car but as recommended above, drive both. When I was looking to buy a SS moving up from my 2013 V6 Convertible, my dealership had a 2015 SS with 5000 miles at a killer price so I took it out for a test drive. It felt no quicker than my tuned LFX V6. I was disappointed as it looked great but did nothing for me on the test drive. I waited and when the 2016 20% discount was offered, I test drove a 2016 2SS and the rest is history. Once you drive a Gen 6 SS, there is no going back, the LT1 is that good. Test drive both. Price is always a concern depending upon your budget but make sure you will be satisfied with your purchase. Gen 5 and Gen 6, both great cars but in my humble opinion, Gen 6 is far superior.
This info right here is not what you need op....take the advice from 5th gen guys that have moved up from an 5th gen SS To a 6th gen SS. There are many good members here with good info. Posts from guys moving up from a 5th gen v6 are useless to you. Especially when their posting how their tuned v6....and a vert at that feels just as fast as as v8.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #33
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
If you can wait until the Z/28 comes out next year, Zack will be selling a slightly used ZL1.

Sorry Zack. Couldn't help myself.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #34
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
You must have not been looking around on the forums much at the end of last year. I've seen people who beat my deal. I've seen 2ss for 33k. 1ss as low as 29k.

GM was doing 20% off and you could get more if the car had been sitting. My dealership did 20% and an additional 1400 rebate.

I drove to Pennsylvania to get it. Lafferty Chevrolet. 1ss a8 npp and glowtie. 30,600 plus tax etc. was around 33k otd don't remember exact #

Same thing will happen with the 17s end of this year.
I just bought mine in the beginning of February, dam I missed out big time. I have to not have the wife ever see this thread, she'd kill me. Dam am I pissed at myself for not knowing this. I probably could have waited until the end of this year and got a 2ss for a great deal.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #35
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow95vert View Post
I have a 2016 2SS with NPP and MRC that I bought from Becky for mid 30's in Sept? I think. Car is awesome but the stereo is worse than my '08 Xterra. A 2SS for 35K is def doable if Chevy does the red tags again. Also I would def NOT get the MRC again if I could find a deal on a car without. I honestly feel no difference in the suspension through any of the modes. I like the idea of the NPP( had on a vette before this) but I pulled the fuse so that's kind of a waste as well.

WOW, unless your seriously tracking the car the MRC is flipping sweet, had it on my vet and now my camaro. It definitely makes a difference, no pun intended but maybe you've lost the feeling in the seat of you pants. Might want to have that checked.
VAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #36
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Drives: White ZL1 Convertible
There is a 2016 convertible 2SS A8 with Nav at Randy Marion in Mooresville NC right now on Red tag for 36K 12K off .....

2018 ZL1 Convertible A10 @ Kooks R&D.
Yellow6thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #37
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
I just bought mine in the beginning of February, dam I missed out big time. I have to not have the wife ever see this thread, she'd kill me. Dam am I pissed at myself for not knowing this. I probably could have waited until the end of this year and got a 2ss for a great deal.
LOL don't worry about it too much. you got a decent price
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote