Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2017, 03:44 PM   #15
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I own a G8 and love it. I was very close to buying the SS right before i made my mind up on the Camaro. Test drove it and was hooked on it. GM just ended a 20% off MSRP as well. I really liked the SS and would love to have one.

Happy with my choice though. I planned to keep the G8 so didn't really need 2 of them in a sense.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #16
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
GM dealer told me the 20pct went thru end of the month. But not sure that's correct. If not then I am not even considering the move.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #17
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
GM dealer told me the 20pct went thru end of the month. But not sure that's correct. If not then I am not even considering the move.
thats great then. if it wasnt for the 20%, my foot never would have gotten in the door to buy the camaro
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #18
c4racer

Same here!! I bought my SS convertible last fall at 20pct off. Otherwise never would have considered it and would be driving a used E93 M3.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #19
Hammerli

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit M6 PDR SR ECW
Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenimitated View Post
Like the SS, just think they are priced high for what it is. The G8 GT was $30k brand new, granted the interior wasn't as nice and no MRC (15 and up i believe) but is that worth an extra $10-15k?

If Chevy could have priced the SS new at around $35k with incentives it would be a great deal and sell more but guess that is not what they aimed for. I like that you dont see many of them around but people also dont recognize them for what they are, most think they are a malibu
Around $35K When a similarly sized Impala stickers for $42K loaded, without any performance criteria, I'd call $35K a pipe dream, like you must be smoking something if that was serious. What other new car are you going to get that comfortably seats 4 adults and has similar performance at anywhere close to $50K? Not an SHO, handles like a bus and costs more, not a Charger Hellcat, $70K, much smaller backseat, interior not as nice, so then you go German, and if you think a BMW or Audi are going to be anywhere near $50K, you won't be getting much more than a base 4 cyl. model at SS prices, not to mention the MT factor.

I seriously considered a PBM '16 SS local dealer had as my daily, if I wasn't in a snow belt I would have bought it over the Macan GTS I bought, they are a deal at the $45K or less you can get them for.
Hammerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #20
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerli View Post
I seriously considered a PBM '16 SS local dealer had as my daily, if I wasn't in a snow belt I would have bought it over the Macan GTS I bought, they are a deal at the $45K or less you can get them for.
For a second there I thought you meant the Macan GTS was 45k or less! I was thinking, damn, that might be the wife's next car when I am ready to toss the MDX. Oh well.

Anyway, over the summer, I had locked in a deal on an SS for about 35k but it was an Auto and so I bailed on it for a manual in a better color (blue) which was about 37k. I ended up bailing on that too for the Camaro. Deals are out there, def requires some hunting around though.
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:14 PM   #21
Trainwreck914

Drives: 07 tundra ltd, 07 suburban ltz, e39
Curious as to what you would let the e39 go for?
Trainwreck914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #22
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenimitated View Post
Like the SS, just think they are priced high for what it is. The G8 GT was $30k brand new, granted the interior wasn't as nice and no MRC (15 and up i believe) but is that worth an extra $10-15k?

If Chevy could have priced the SS new at around $35k with incentives it would be a great deal and sell more but guess that is not what they aimed for. I like that you dont see many of them around but people also dont recognize them for what they are, most think they are a malibu
A local dealer near me has one for about $9k off sticker...it's like $39k. I'm tempted, but will likely pass in the end. I'd rather have a Camaro, even though I'm now getting a V6.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #23
Hammerli

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit M6 PDR SR ECW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stook2001 View Post
For a second there I thought you meant the Macan GTS was 45k or less!
I wish! About twice that. So while people may be able to get deals down to 35, coming out with that car at 35 sticker would be ludicrous given how GM has set themselves up being the blue light special of the automotive world. Diminishing their own value by cultivating this perpetual discount and deal philosophy did not do them any favors (wait, did someone say federal assistance).

When I just sold the Macan for something more 2 kids friendly, I did not have to discount it anywhere near 20% off sticker, as a used car!
Hammerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #24
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck914 View Post
Curious as to what you would let the e39 go for?
$21K.

But this deal may be over. Asked about one of the few left on the west coast and dealer said it had no tag 20pct