Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #57
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
A preliminary snapshot of the V6 and V8 backs:
Attachment 562246
Attachment 562247

I did the V6 back first and while doing the V8 back I figured out how to do something that I can use on the V6 back. The tail lights on the V6 model will be recessed like the V8 lights are.
Coming together! I will reserve judgement on the recessed lights until I see them because I like what you have done here. I can still imagine a front vent and 3 rear vents.......
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #58
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince View Post
Sorry, but guys, are you all blind? Awesome? It`s ugly AF! Looks like some cheap honda or something.
Now that was uncalled for
Old 10-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #59
ssrs396

Well maybe just the front vent.......
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #60
suzook

Drives: camaro
I like the front...back looks a bit too much like corvette. Nice job though.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #61
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince View Post
Sorry, but guys, are you all blind? Awesome? It`s ugly AF! Looks like some cheap honda or something.
You are proof of the two rules of auto design that I discovered.

Rule #1. You can't please everybody
Rule #2. When you think you have a good design, see Rule #1.

Granted I can see how you just might not like the style, but it certainly isn't "ugly" nor does it look like a cheap Honda. It's not finished; I haven't done any side detailing yet. I've chosen for the sake of viewer interest to post up these work-in-progress snapshots so those who have been following this project can see it unfold and contribute their ideas/suggestions along the way. As the designer I've found their feedback quite valuable and it's helped make this project interesting for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Well maybe just the front vent.......
Now that's the first one you've done that looks possible. I've spent most of my time on the front and back but now that I've seen your suggestion it brings out how much the side detailing adds to the overall look and feel of the car. I wish I had more time to work on this so I could get things done faster. I'm literally spending more time researching and watching videos on YouTube how to do things with this software than work on the car sometimes but I'm getting better and faster at doing areas now as a result.

The OTHER thing is working in 3 dimensional space is a completely different process. You quickly see what works and what doesn't when you go from a flat side view to making that a 3 dimensional object. I like designing in 3D, it just takes a different mental approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I like the front...back looks a bit too much like corvette. Nice job though.
Yeah I thought carefully about that before I did this. It does have a touch of Vette back there but I made two changes which I think helps to add some flair to the design. Instead of tucking the outside bottom edges under which exposes that area to mud and whatever being thrown on it by the rear tires, I decided to flare it outward. This lets the body be part of a GFX package. I may even do a small wheel well flare to complete it so the rear tires are enclosed all around.

The second big decision was to not make the back a smooth transition from the side to the back like I did the front. The entire back is actually recessed inward about an inch. I did this zoomed in so it looked like "enough" at that level but at a distance it's hard to notice. I may double it to two inches so it's more pronounced. This avoids the plain vanilla look of the back of the 2014 refresh and will help distinguish it from the Vette. Borrowing an idea or two from the Vette isn't a bad thing I don't think; it's a great car.

Thanks for the interest and feedback everyone! The project continues.....

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #62
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

A couple of quick snapshots of the back with the lights on. I also blacked out the recess and added the rear wheel well.
Name:  2016 Camaro 3q rear lights.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro rear lights.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  46.5 KB

...waiting for the "IT LOOKS LIKE A DODGE" comments.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 10-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #63
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #64
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
We need to get Mr. JONSIBAL up in this haha the more the better renders

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #65
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
A couple of quick snapshots of the back with the lights on. I also blacked out the recess and added the rear wheel well.
Attachment 562310
Attachment 562311

Well I like this. Maybe section the tail lights like a 69 with a backup light in the center section.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #66
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Attachment 562310
Attachment 562311

First, I applaud the length and effort that you are putting forth My first area I'd like to focus on is the Roof line. For some reason, it gives off a resemblance to our rival. The next area is at the base of the C-pillar that meets the door and the hood. I think I've seen something similar on an exotic, not sure if a Lambo or Ferrari. I understand that you are trying to increase front visibility, but that area looks off from your 2D drawings. How about rounding out that area of the hood that drops into the door.

If you are to scale with the ATS architecture, the car looks a little wider than the 5th gen from the rear view. To lessen the appearance, maybe widen the top cabin to offset it.

And like someone mentioned, the back of the Camaro resembles the C6 Corvette, which you stated is not a bad thing, but... if the Camaro team will do something to the Camaro for the 6th gen similar to what the Corvette team did for the C7, I think it will be a more evolutionary change from the 5th gen. I think the lines at the outer corners need to be softened.

The rear license plate area should envelope the entire plate IMO.

After reviewing your current dimensions, it looks that the car will come in at weight greater then the current Gen. I'm sure you'll work on making the necessary changes to meet the standards of what everyone on here would like to see the car come in around 3500 to 3600 lbs.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 10-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #67
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Doc, I know I busted your balls many moons ago with your first design, but I'm like where you're going. I saw one poster above say about it looking like an 04 Monte. I could see that on your first couple of side pics, but I no longer feel that way.

Nice job. I could never put that much time into something that will never come to life. Interesting to see just the same.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #68
ssrs396

Quote:
Now that's the first one you've done that looks possible. I've spent most of my time on the front and back but now that I've seen your suggestion it brings out how much the side detailing adds to the overall look and feel of the car. I wish I had more time to work on this so I could get things done faster. I'm literally spending more time researching and watching videos on YouTube how to do things with this software than work on the car sometimes but I'm getting better and faster at doing areas now as a result.

The OTHER thing is working in 3 dimensional space is a completely different process. You quickly see what works and what doesn't when you go from a flat side view to making that a 3 dimensional object. I like designing in 3D, it just takes a different mental approach.....
I am glad you like it. My goal was to show off the upper line of the body of your design with the side detailing and add heat vents for the engine. I wouldn't know the first thing about working in the 3D space so keep up the good work!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #69
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

A quick touch of color..... I also made improvements to the entire back. It's now recessed more and the recess edge is wider. I intend to fix the license plate recess area too so it looks more like the original 2D drawing.

Name:  2016 Camaro back red.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  52.1 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #70
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
I think from the side it looks like an 04 monte carlo.
I got that impression from the drawings too.