Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #15
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Some people prefer autos and some manual. I drove manuals only for 25 years and just got a A8 and couldn't be happier. It's faster, smoother, easier in traffic, and resale is higher. It's so nice to just get in and go and to have the remote start option.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #16
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
I'm sure shift responsiveness have improved with the newer autos, but the computer is still the middle man and can intervene at will both for good and bad.
The average driver isn't out-shifting an automatic, period.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #17
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
It's faster and resale is higher.
Fake news! Yes in drag racing an auto will be marginally faster, but with NLS its a closer race than some make it out to be. What proof is there that an auto holds a higher value? To be fair Camaros in general have a terrible resale value.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #18
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocid View Post
But it’s an automatic! It’s dark gray with Kalahari, low mileage, asking under $32k. ****ing gorgeous car, but it’s an automatic.

Pros:

I’ll be a dad in a few years, an automatic maybe would be easier?
I do live in the city and commute
It’s faster

Cons:
It’s an automatic
As a pony car v8 I feel like the manual is part of the spirit of the car

Looks as to more pros then cons you have listed so IMO go with your gut feeling. This thread can go back and fourth on A8 vs. M6. It's all about what you want at this point and those who have a A8 or M6 will most likely not be able to tell you anything more then you already have seen so far here. You will be happy either route and when you do enjoy it to the fullest!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #19
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Stop and go commute for me in my city = A8 While it would be fun to rock a manual i just don't think in my situation would be best for me as my wife would never be able to drive it and give me shit on why i did that LOL.
The fact that my girlfriend can't drive a manual was a plus for me!
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #20
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
The fact that my girlfriend can't drive a manual was a plus for me!
Funny thing is my wife is scared to drive my car, well any i recently had in the past few years. Not that it's anything crazy fast i had or have but she just is nervous to have it get messed up in any way shape or form by her clumsy ass! So in all regards to that, she sticks with her new GMC we just got. Shes not a sports car type of woman which can always be a good thing in your wallet if you know what i mean...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
MATTHEWLONG

Drives: 2017 CAMARO 2SS
I have never had an automatic before in 25 years of driving. I dont miss the manual as much as I thought and it probably works out better for US driving. Only Auto because that was what they had, I would still do Manual again next time.
MATTHEWLONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #22
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
I would settle on certain colors or options but never on transmission choices. Trust me, if you really want a manual...do not settle! Manuals are more fun!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You will have to make the decision! You will be paying for it and driving it. For me it was an easy decision. Every Camaro I owned since 1982 has had a manual trans(5). My personal preference is a manual as to me it's more fun to drive than an auto trans. My advice is to see if you can drive an auto and then a manual and go from there. Most dealerships will let you test drive both and if they won't then find another dealership. And don't impulse buy as you might regret it and start disliking the car. Take the time to decide which one is best for you!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #24
dakota_c69

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Get what you want. If the M6 is high on the want list, don't settle.....
So much this. I settled for a 2SS instead of waiting for 2SS 1LE (Wasn't a confirmed package at the time). Now I may have to take the loss to satisfy the 'need'. If it's a dream car and you've been dreaming 6M, don't settle.
dakota_c69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #25
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
Fake news! Yes in drag racing an auto will be marginally faster, but with NLS its a closer race than some make it out to be. What proof is there that an auto holds a higher value? To be fair Camaros in general have a terrible resale value.
Fake news... They used an auto to break all the records including drag strip and on the ring. If you don't believe the truth then that's your problem.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #26
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocid View Post
But it’s an automatic! It’s dark gray with Kalahari, low mileage, asking under $32k. ****ing gorgeous car, but it’s an automatic.

Pros:

I’ll be a dad in a few years, an automatic maybe would be easier?
I do live in the city and commute
It’s faster

Cons:
It’s an automatic
As a pony car v8 I feel like the manual is part of the spirit of the car
You want a manual don't settle for an automatic, you will always wish you had a six speed . Just wait for the right car the way you want it and drive on.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #27
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Auto all day. Manual gets old fast imo...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:56 PM   #28
jerryb1984

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss
Picked up a used 2016 2ss 6 speed manual about a month and a half ago. Couldn’t be happier with the manual. Still need to take it in for the rear end groan when cold but love the manual. I’ve always wanted a manual sportscar and glad I did get the manual. The stupid skip shift feature is getting old, but I did by a skip shift eliminator but haven’t put it in yet.
jerryb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote