Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #15
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
I use 1 qt at 5000 miles but then its time for a oil change
But zzp's headway is reliant on ppl bitching and making complaints to h.p tuners to make the software
To my knowledge on the 4cyl camaros the drivers are physically not on the ecu
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:57 PM   #16
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
thinking of buying this package (link below) from vermont tuning and I am wondering if anyone has any info/input, negative or positive that they could share with me.

http://www.vermonttuning.com/product...e85-package-3/
What is your goal? It's a LOT of money. You can get everything, excluding the tune, elsewhere cheaper. I really shouldn't have to point out to you that $599 for a catless down pipe is INSANE! $349 for their 'intake' is robbery! ZZP's catless down pipe is $199, and their silicone intake is $129... Save money on a similar turbo from Turbobay. You'll have money left over for an intercooler!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #17
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
What is your goal? It's a LOT of money. You can get everything, excluding the tune, elsewhere cheaper. I really shouldn't have to point out to you that $599 for a catless down pipe is INSANE! $349 for their 'intake' is robbery! ZZP's catless down pipe is $199, and their silicone intake is $129... Save money on a similar turbo from Turbobay. You'll have money left over for an intercooler!
100 more hp for 3g's from one source without all the bullshit of having to piece something together and I get true flexfuel, works for me, all these other vendors have their shit too! mishi, zzp, rpm and trying to find someone to do a tune with parts from 12 different vendors? **** that.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:51 PM   #18
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Ok, then you can go straight across the board with ZZP. All the prices I mentioned were from them anyway. They will have flex-fuel working as soon as HP Tuners gets off their asses. That isn't a ZZP issue.

Vermont doesn't offer an intercooler. Period. An intercooler is REQUIRED if you modify your turbo. So you're going to have to allow at least 1 other cook into the kitchen.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who's parts you use. Any competent tuner, such as ZZP, can extract maximum performance from any combination of parts with relative ease. You buy their tune, they send it to you, you upload & datalog, return datalog, and they custom tailor the tune to your vehicle as if they were present on site with you!

I'm not saying anything bad about VT. I'd imagine they would give you A+ #1 service if you dropped nearly $3k with them. However, I do believe you only get a 'canned' tune from them. For that much dough, I would want to exchange datalogs and have the tune custom tailored to fit my vehicle. Hopefully they will offer that kind of service to you. I would NEVER bolt a turbo on anything and run a canned tune, even if the turbo and all other ancillary components came from the same vendor. Tuning is just as much art as it is science. Just because they have a combo working well, doesn't mean your car might not need some additional changes. No 2 cars are built exactly alike, and the differences can be minutia. A successful build requires attention to those minute details.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
VT datalogs same as ZZP or you can have him dyno it in house same as ZZP, he just offers two options instead of one for tuning as far as parts go I'm happy with ZZPs prices my car is literally Frankensteins monster with the different mods from different companies.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #20
jvillareal1978

Drives: 2017 Camrao 2LT RS
I just installed VT E85 kit on mine. I have aFe intake and downpipe, and ZZPs throttle. VT is very responsive, I live in AZ and he emails within an hour, and the tunes are custom to your setup.
jvillareal1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:38 PM   #21
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillareal1978 View Post
I just installed VT E85 kit on mine. I have aFe intake and downpipe, and ZZPs throttle. VT is very responsive, I live in AZ and he emails within an hour, and the tunes are custom to your setup.
Does the flex fuel kit actually work? Like you can run any mix?
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #22
jvillareal1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
Does the flex fuel kit actually work? Like you can run any mix?
Yes, I had quarter tank of 91 and filled up with e85. No issues as of yet. I plan to run this tank down to empty and then fill up again with e85 before taking to the dyno.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #23
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillareal1978 View Post
Yes, I had quarter tank of 91 and filled up with e85. No issues as of yet. I plan to run this tank down to empty and then fill up again with e85 before taking to the dyno.
have you scanned, to see the reported ethanol content? i would LOVE to see a functioning kit available!
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #24
jvillareal1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
have you scanned, to see the reported ethanol content? i would LOVE to see a functioning kit available!
My plan was to wait till my next fill up before running a scan and sending it to VT. After I installed it I sent a scan, and they verified it was being detected before I added any e85 fuel.