Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #43
ZL1Reaper

Drives: '13 Silver Ice Metallic ZL1
How does this controller works?
ZL1Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #44
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Reaper View Post
How does this controller works?

Go to vitesse.com you can read exactly how it works. It works exactly like it says.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #45
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
The web address is http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
Go to vitesse.com you can read exactly how it works. It works exactly like it says.
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #46
CAM....ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
You can also Google vitesse.com and will get you to the same place.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #47
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
It was strange that there were no youtube videos of the actual throttle body showing the opening speed of the blade in comparison to stock.

After watching the videos that were available it looks like it opens "maybe" a little faster but it over compensates the depth the pedal is pushed, if you rev and hold 3000rpm at say 1" of pushing the pedal down then if you do it with this thing turned on it should also only go to 3000rpm however in one video it went much higher.....meaning that it is telling the throttle body to open more.

You could easily test this out buy putting a block under your pedal, revving it and seeing what rpm it maxes out at when parked, then turn the controller on and see what it maxes out at. If it maxes out higher then it is telling it to open more than you have requested.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #48
ZiG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
So it plugs in between the pedal and the ecu. It intercepts the signal from the pedal and when it sees you starting to get on it, it will preemptively send a signal to the ecu telling it you're giving it more throttle than you actually are. How much more, depends on what mode you have out in. Correct, or no?

Sounds kinda like an expensive DBW version of this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/391018543231?cmd=VIDESC
ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #49
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
I googled vitesse.com. However, looking through the 19 pages offered to me, I did not see http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/ listed. Maybe I missed it?

I apologize if I offended you by posting the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
You can also Google vitesse.com and will get you to the same place.
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #50
CAM....ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
I googled vitesse.com. However, looking through the 19 pages offered to me, I did not see http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/ listed. Maybe I missed it?

I apologize if I offended you by posting the link.

No problem, just saying you can find it either way
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #51
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiG View Post
So it plugs in between the pedal and the ecu. It intercepts the signal from the pedal and when it sees you starting to get on it, it will preemptively send a signal to the ecu telling it you're giving it more throttle than you actually are. How much more, depends on what mode you have out in. Correct, or no?

Sounds kinda like an expensive DBW version of this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/391018543231?cmd=VIDESC
From what I understand the device adds voltage to the electric motor on the throttle body allowing it to open and close much faster. Obviously, there is more to it but thats the magic that a tune cannot offer.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #52
ZiG

I thought it just plugged inline with the gas pedal, which is just a sensor telling the ecu what position the pedal is at. How would it deliver more voltage to the servo? And where would it get this voltage from?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #53
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I thought it just plugged inline with the gas pedal, which is just a sensor telling the ecu what position the pedal is at. How would it deliver more voltage to the servo? And where would it get this voltage from?
I have taken Boolean Algebra in college, so I can answer 1 of your questions hypothetically speaking of course, since I do not know exactly how the circuit board is laid out. There are diodes and transisters that can multiply voltage on any given ciruit, so voltage increase through the Vitesse device is possible even without an added power source. How would the added voltage reach the servo? I don't know, maybe it bypasses ECU somehow or even leverages the ECU for more power? Only the engineers who designed the thing can say for sure. The point is that the motor has more torque than is possible through a tune and like any servo, more torque comes with more voltage.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #54
ZiG

Yeah I know that's possible but I didn't think you'd get enough current from a box that small. But I think looking at a wiring diagram would answer the question. I'll see if I can find one.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #55
ZiG

Actually it doesn't seem like they have it posted, instructions just say to plug it in line. I still seriously doubt the throttle servo would be getting power from a wire running through the gas pedal though. Were that the case, I couldn't see how traction control would work. I also bet if you mashed the pedal from 0-100% in the blink of an eye, the opening speed would be the same with or without the controller.

I'd still bet that the way it works is a combination of applying an exponential curve to the in/out signal, as well as probably momentarily blipping it to close to 100% whenever you tap the pedal. I'd also bet the expo can be added with tuning, but not the blip.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #56
CAM....ZL1

Quote:
Actually it doesn't seem like they have it posted, instructions just say to plug it in line. I still seriously doubt the throttle servo would be getting power from a wire running through the gas pedal though. Were that the case, I couldn't see how traction control would work. I also bet if you mashed the pedal from 0-100% in the blink of an eye, the opening speed would be the same with or without the controller.

I'd still bet that the way it works is a combination of applying an exponential curve to the in/out signal, as well as probably momentarily blipping it to close to 100% whenever you tap the pedal. I'd also bet the expo can be added with tuning, but not the blip.
v

I can certainly tell you that you can't mash the throttle from 0-100% and get the same response.