Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-06-2023, 08:25 AM   #15
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockingZ View Post
So longtubes with corsa extreme?? Thats your problem. You need to put the stock NPP back on. This is EVERY SINGLE PERSON that gets long tubes after having a catback/axleback installed and its just too loud and obnoxious. Put the stock NPP back on and sell the corsa stuff.
Ya no, that's not it.

I have the same mods, and its not loud for me, and I don't have NPP.

My car doesn't rattle when the rpm's come down on a start.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:34 AM   #16
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlythecamaro View Post
I think that can be fixed with tuning. Need to turn off the "catalyst warm-up" feature in the ECM.

Edit* The issue will be finding someone with a older version of HPT. 4.1.6 was the last version before this feature was removed and it only works on 2021 and older vehicles. 2022+ require a newer software version to read and edit, so these cars will be stuck with the obnoxiously loud start-up due to the "cat-warmup" feature being locked to enable.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 03-06-2023 at 10:10 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 03:18 PM   #17
carlythecamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2022cs View Post
I think I had heard this issue in the past from other users. Did this exhaust sound issue happen right after you got it installed? It's possible it's vibrating at a certain frequency and possible hitting something underneath. If you can easily get it in the air, see if the exhaust is close to any cross members or anything and see if may be hitting.
hello and thanks for the reply, yes this issue started happening after i got the install & tune. i have jimmied with it a few times and nothing seems loose, it just sounds like an air flow problem to me.
carlythecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 03:24 PM   #18
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Hey carlythecamaro- King provided you the fix above... I spoke to my tuner about this as well, and he liked that sound (me... not so much) Just like King stated, it can be tuned out.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:25 PM   #19
carlythecamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I think that can be fixed with tuning. Need to turn off the "catalyst warm-up" feature in the ECM.

Edit* The issue will be finding someone with a older version of HPT. 4.1.6 was the last version before this feature was removed and it only works on 2021 and older vehicles. 2022+ require a newer software version to read and edit, so these cars will be stuck with the obnoxiously loud start-up due to the "cat-warmup" feature being locked to enable.
I seen something similar to this on an HP Tuners forum and I think it would fix my problem, unfortunately I don't have HP Tuners.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:26 PM   #20
carlythecamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Hey carlythecamaro- King provided you the fix above... I spoke to my tuner about this as well, and he liked that sound (me... not so much) Just like King stated, it can be tuned out.
Thank you for the reply, I will speak to the guy who tuned my car and see if he will do this for me. The sound is driving me nuts!
Old 03-09-2023, 03:28 PM   #21
carlythecamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Are your windows open?
yes
Old 03-09-2023, 03:29 PM   #22
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
I seen something similar to this on an HP Tuners forum and I think it would fix my problem, unfortunately I don't have HP Tuners.
Who did your initial install and tune? Assume a speed shop/tuner? They will have access to HP Tuner and both the older version and new versions. Some tuners carry a laptop for the older version, and a separate laptop for the newer version/update for obvious reasons.
Old 03-11-2023, 03:34 PM   #23
carlythecamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Who did your initial install and tune? Assume a speed shop/tuner? They will have access to HP Tuner and both the older version and new versions. Some tuners carry a laptop for the older version, and a separate laptop for the newer version/update for obvious reasons.
I took it to RPM Performance in Indianapolis. not sure the guys name who tuned it
Old 03-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #24
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
I took it to RPM Performance in Indianapolis. not sure the guys name who tuned it
Contact him and see if he will disable "catalyst warmup" for you. If not, I can. I am in the Fort Wayne area. But it would be cheaper for him to do it because I would have to license your car to my MPVI in order to flash it with an updated tune.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 05:16 PM   #25
carlythecamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Contact him and see if he will disable "catalyst warmup" for you. If not, I can. I am in the Fort Wayne area. But it would be cheaper for him to do it because I would have to license your car to my MPVI in order to flash it with an updated tune.
thanks for the help, I sent you a PM sir

Tags
exhaust