Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #239
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
I just updated my thread in the general V6 section. Price for the new engine/supercharger install is in the ball park of $6,700.
Not bad! I would PM the C5 Member Alice. He just successfully started an LFX motor with the Bosch LLT ECU. So a transplant is possible.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:45 AM   #240
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
I'll look into it! More than likely going to just go with the LLT though. My dad has been in touch with the guy who rebuilt his Buick Skylark GS about finding a Jasper motor. But eh. I think it's best to just put what's meant for it back in and go from there. The more time that goes by the more I'm leaning on keeping the SC off. And weren't you interested? I've always kept up with your threads and would love to pass it on to you. Once we get this engine ordered I'll decide on the kit and let you know man!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #241
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
That sounds about right for a new crate LLT installed by the dealer. You may want to ask them to scour the local yards for a low mileage used one. Dealers will often do that but then it won't have any warranty- of course if you re-install the S/C, your new crate engine just lost its warranty anyway!

Good luck and don't drive the new Camaro while you're there- 2016's still on the lot are price reduced and at 0% interest for loans! They'll make a decent trade even for a broken car right now- they can fix it alot cheaper than it would cost you.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #242
arkentect

Quote:
I'll look into it! More than likely going to just go with the LLT though. My dad has been in touch with the guy who rebuilt his Buick Skylark GS about finding a Jasper motor. But eh. I think it's best to just put what's meant for it back in and go from there. The more time that goes by the more I'm leaning on keeping the SC off. And weren't you interested? I've always kept up with your threads and would love to pass it on to you. Once we get this engine ordered I'll decide on the kit and let you know man!
Always interested. Definitely keep me in mind when you decide and give me the heads up and i'll make sure I have some funds available. BTW had my LLT replaced with a GM crate motor (came with 3year/100k mile warranty), seems to run stronger and smoother than the previous one ever did. I also followed the proper break-in method and after a 1000miles began using Mobil1 Full Synthetic changed every 3k miles and level checked at every gas fill-up. I'm not losing this motor lol.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #243
Patrick864 RS

With the 17s arriving on the lot im pretty sure I could find me a 16 SS for a pretty reasonable price. Thats what is making this damn decision so hard haha and I will definitely keep you in mind! I will message you about it when I know things are final and maybe we can work something out. Honestly thats one of the main reasons too is because if I get a new motor with a warranty I just dont want to slap the kit back on and ruin it then the freaking thing blow up again. If I do keep the car I am definitely going to keep a better eye out for it, because I will never go through this again as long as I can help it.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #244
arkentect

Quote:
With the 17s arriving on the lot im pretty sure I could find me a 16 SS for a pretty reasonable price. Thats what is making this damn decision so hard haha and I will definitely keep you in mind! I will message you about it when I know things are final and maybe we can work something out. Honestly thats one of the main reasons too is because if I get a new motor with a warranty I just dont want to slap the kit back on and ruin it then the freaking thing blow up again. If I do keep the car I am definitely going to keep a better eye out for it, because I will never go through this again as long as I can help it.
hell with the '17s coming out I would rather have a '17 V6 1LE than a '16 SS. As long as its green of course
Old 07-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #245
Patrick864 RS

The v6s still are beautiful...but with my addiction to going fast and modding everything I get I feel like the SS will be the only Camaro I own if I get a new one. Motor is so much easier to work with and its fast enough for me from the factory lol so I wont blow all my money again like I did basically maxing my LLT out as much as I possibly could.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #246
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
i work at a salvage yard and we sell low mile llt for about 2000-2500 just an input.. and patrick thanks for your help yesterday got everything and and tuned running beautiful
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #247
Patrick864 RS

Well they are going to give me a 3 year/100k mile warranty with or without the supercharger so I will probably just pay the fee and get it done. And anytime man, if you have any other questions about the kit just let me know! Im glad to hear you got things working smoothly. It definitely wakes up the car
Old 08-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #248
Patrick864 RS

Proud to finally say that my car is back up and running! Only issue after the new engine was the belt being stretched from when I was trying to crank the car so much the night it died. Got it replaced today and now the only thing left is to get this stalling problem resolved. Going to retune the car in a few minutes so hopefully that will help a little bit. Guy said with the new motor it's still learning but I've heard the pcv system(?) is a fix to it too so I'll update as I go!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #249
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro

Can you post pictures of how it is routed? Make sure you do NOT reinstall the way it came from IPF or you will face issues again.

Let us know if you need guidance.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #250
Patrick864 RS

Well I got it back installed and it’s been running fine. Besides the car squeaking more than ever here about the past month. Don’t know if I mentioned it in my posts before and don’t care to re look but I’m pretty sure that one of my bearings is going out. Couldn’t have went out when they had the kit off to install the engine...so now they are going to have to take off/install the kit again just to replace it. I can’t remember if I installed the bearing that IPF sent me years ago or not but I remember them being the “weak link”...struggle continues.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:12 AM   #251
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Well I got it back installed and it’s been running fine. Besides the car squeaking more than ever here about the past month. Don’t know if I mentioned it in my posts before and don’t care to re look but I’m pretty sure that one of my bearings is going out. Couldn’t have went out when they had the kit off to install the engine...so now they are going to have to take off/install the kit again just to replace it. I can’t remember if I installed the bearing that IPF sent me years ago or not but I remember them being the “weak link”...struggle continues.
Shop doesnt need to take off the whole kit to replace JUST The bearings in the pulleys. Just pull the bearings and see if they spin "freely". There's a couple threads on here with what members have gotten as replacements from Boca bearings I believe. Black Knight can answer that.

FWIW, I installed the "new" bearings IPF gave me and have been fine since. Old ones spun fine too but wanted to be sure.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #252
Patrick864 RS

The shop that put the kit on said they’d have to look it all over. But it’s making such a loud chirping noise I can’t even drive it I’m so embarrassed lol I’m pretty sure one of the bearings have went bad. Don’t know which one or where there even are...but I’m clueless on what to get for replacements and don’t really have the time to research. If it’s going to be such a pain I may just take it off and leave it off. It’s fun but with all the money I’ve dumped into this supercharger im about drained with it all.