Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #127
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
&
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #128
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I've been clued in on the potential break through, and it could be good stuff for us LLT folk! Stay tuned.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #129
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Good to hear KP!

BTW- any truth to the rumor your daughter's name is Camaron?
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #130
slotwheels

Drives: like a bat out of hell
slotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #131
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Good to hear KP!

BTW- any truth to the rumor your daughter's name is Camaron?
Ha!!!

Man I wish I'd have thought of that....I'd have loved to see my wife's reaction if I told her I wanted to name our daughter that.

Her name is Leah. 1 month, and 2 days old now! Shes gained 2 pounds and 1 1/2" in length....growing like a weed as they say.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #132
RubyCamaro
Jan

Someone on C5 did name their daughter Camara!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #133
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Ha!!!

Man I wish I'd have thought of that....I'd have loved to see my wife's reaction if I told her I wanted to name our daughter that.

Her name is Leah. 1 month, and 2 days old now! Shes gained 2 pounds and 1 1/2" in length....growing like a weed as they say.
Congrats. Why is this the first I am hearing of this...I'm not working that much am I?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #134
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
C'mon with the details!
Old 08-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #135
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
No point in me keeping it a secret now that I've done a little more research, I'm about 99% certain this piece will work. GM already makes this piece, they have since 2012. After being informed that GM still uses the LLT, which I thought was history, in it's Lambda platform cars, I dug in, figuring they probably ran a different intake manifold than the Camaro on it as it's a transverse mounted engine affair.

When they introduced the LFX in 2012, they also changed the intake manifold on the Lambda cars to ONE OF the other composite intakes that IS used on the LFX, and LFW (3.0)... Same part number on the Caddy SRX (LFX), Chev Equinox(LFW), and Chev Traverse(LLT) UPPER composite intake manifold. The lower part is changed to fit either the LLT head intake ports, or the LFX head intake ports. The LFX lower portion is the same whether the engine is mounted longitudinally, or transversely.

I'm ASSUMING the lower intake portion to fit the LLT head intake ports WILL BOLT RIGHT ONTO the Camaro LFX intake manifold, and then hopefully the whole setup can bolt right onto the 10-11 LLT Camaro.

I've got one on order from the dealer to try on an LFX intake as soon as it shows up. Kinda cuts me out of the deal, but in the name of mad science, I will pursue it further.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 08-08-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #136
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Ha!!!

My son's name is Luke . . . looks like great minds may think alike . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
No point in me keeping it a secret now that I've done a little more research, I'm about 99% certain this piece will work. GM already makes this piece, they have since 2012. After being informed that GM still uses the LLT, which I thought was history, in it's Lambda platform cars, I dug in, figuring they probably ran a different intake manifold than the Camaro on it as it's a transverse mounted engine affair.

When they introduced the LFX in 2012, they also changed the intake manifold on the Lambda cars to ONE OF the other composite intakes that IS used on the LFX, and LFW (3.0)... Same part number on the Caddy SRX (LFX), Chev Equinox(LFW), and Chev Traverse(LLT) UPPER composite intake manifold. The lower part is changed to fit either the LLT head intake ports, or the LFX head intake ports. The LFX lower portion is the same whether the engine is mounted longitudinally, or transversely.

I'm ASSUMING the lower intake portion to fit the LLT head intake ports WILL BOLT RIGHT ONTO the Camaro LFX intake manifold, and then hopefully the whole setup can bolt right onto the 10-11 LLT Camaro.

I've got one on order from the dealer to try on an LFX intake as soon as it shows up. Kinda cuts me out of the deal, but in the name of mad science, I will pursue it further.
So now just to bolt it all on and see if it helps or hurts?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #137
Jason@JacFab

I have a stock LLT intake, and I've have a M**** ported intake here in my possession, and have had both on my flow bench...

I don't think the LFX intake will hurt the LLT one bit. I imagine nice gains could be had with a ported LFX intake as I've just recently shown on the LFX.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #138
RubyCamaro
Jan

That is really cool. Except............................................ .......that darn LFX intake is BUTT UGLY! Someone needs to work on a fix for that. LOL
Old 08-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #139
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
That is really cool. Except............................................ .......that darn LFX intake is BUTT UGLY! Someone needs to work on a fix for that. LOL
It is... But you get used to it after a while... I imagine when the hood is closed and you're you'll get over it pretty quick
Old 08-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #140
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post

Well, now you can do a Ported LFX Manifold conversion package for our LLT folks!
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote