Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #29
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I would consider one. But I do like the look of the fabric top on my black car.
Money is not as big a concern as function. If it worked good and was quieter than the fabric top I would probably do it. Don’t get me wrong the fabric top is pretty quite but I do get some wind noise above 70-80. Security isn’t a big issue but of course mine hasn’t been cut up yet. Just knowing that the hard top couldn’t be cut open would be a plus. I would most definitely like to see one.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:30 AM   #30
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-427 View Post
I had a Lexus IS 300 C hard top convertible. That car squeaked and creaked constantly. The dealer never could get rid of the rattles. It became my first and last Lexus. What a contrast with the 2018 SS Vert I drive now. That car is amazingly quiet and a joy to drive.
My wife has had a Lexus SC430 for going on 7 years now. The exact opposite. That car is tomb quiet with the top up. My car is MUCH louder than hers, which I don't care about.

We've been looking at a replacement car for her, and they all have been noticably quieter than the Camaro. Audi A5/S5, BMW 4series, Audi TT, etc.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #31
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zings_Maro View Post
I’m personally in love with the look of the top down, but I think the canvas just kills it... plus the wind noise is insane !
I actually thought it was surprisingly quiet inside my car. maybe I'm not doing something right

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
my last car right outside my house parked I had it spray painted, tires flattened, windows shot out, back end hit and run WTH people are just a bunch of A-Holes.
You live in the wrong place. You should tour the country sometime. There's lots of places out here that nobody cares about that have courteous polite people everywhere that help each other out and respect others property. I bet I could leave my top down, the keys in my ignition and have it running for a day sitting on main street and nobody would mess with it. I'd probably get a dozen people walk into my office and inform me that I accidentally left my car running and they would be concerned about it burning up all the gas in the tank. You can come and visit but it sounds like you need to leave all your neighbors home
Old 04-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #32
Zings_Maro

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
This thread is doing way better than I thought it was going to����!
Old 04-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #33
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
Had a 2005 Cadillac XLR, hardtop convertible. Really liked the hard top, no special cleaning needs, was quiet, leak free. As already mentioned, two panel design made trunk almost useless when the top was down. Mr preference would be to make a removable panel like the new Corvettes, best of all worlds, lightweight and stowable.
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #34
outobie

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
i'm suprised people with convertibles don't get the tops cut up at least once a month.
move to a better neighborhood
outobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #35
outobie

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
But won't that suck up even more trunk space when it's down than a cloth top?
this is my issue...I"d buy either hard or soft...if you keep the car a long time you eventually have to replace soft tops, so in the long run a hard top that costs $4k more up front is no more expensive.

I've had convertibles for 20 years, a new top costs $4k + and lasts 7 to 10 years.
outobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #36
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
A well cared for soft top will last 20+ years. One on a car driven every day and parked outside all the time should go 15 yrs.
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #37
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drags1998 View Post
A well cared for soft top will last 20+ years. One on a car driven every day and parked outside all the time should go 15 yrs.
Agree. Our 2003 BMW Z4 was 15 and spent most of the time parked outside and would have lasted a couple more years but we sold it. My friend has a 2003 Z4 as well and the top still looks new as he parks it in his garage. However their 2013 Mustang which they park outside had to have the top replaced recently. It did not hold up well at all but the quality of that Mustang top was nowhere near that of our 2017 Camaro.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #38
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
My wife has had a Lexus SC430 for going on 7 years now. The exact opposite. That car is tomb quiet with the top up. My car is MUCH louder than hers, which I don't care about.

We've been looking at a replacement car for her, and they all have been noticably quieter than the Camaro. Audi A5/S5, BMW 4series, Audi TT, etc.
In my opinion, the SC430 was a much better car than my cheesy little Lexus Convertible.
ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accesories, convertible, hardtop convertible, mods