Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2024, 06:50 AM   #1
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Ignition parts

Hi all,
Well it's that time of mileage to change out the spark plugs. I know on turbocharged engines you can go 1 step colder to help out on the turbo. Any recommendations? I see the ac Delco iridiums and that's OE. NGK offers an iridium as well. Wanted to pair it with the zzp ignition coils. Thoughts or help?
Old 04-26-2024, 11:14 AM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I'm not sure about the spark plugs. My tuner said the stock OEM ones were prefect. We did not go a step colder. Also, DO NOT BUY ZZP COILS. They are garbage. Just paint the stock ones red if you can't resist the urge. Like the OEM spark plugs, the OEM coils are the best option. Do not mess with them.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:51 PM   #3
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Thank you. I'll just get the ac Delco iridium plugs. Keep the coils until they start to not work. Didn't know that zzp coils were junk, they said the MSD coils foul up after a little while.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:37 AM   #4
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
Thank you. I'll just get the ac Delco iridium plugs. Keep the coils until they start to not work. Didn't know that zzp coils were junk, they said the MSD coils foul up after a little while.
I stand corrected. I was thinking of the MSD coils. I haven't heard anything bad about the ZZP Coils. Just the MSD ones.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 11:26 PM   #5
SS_AL

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS l4 turbo
I use Denso Iridium, 1 step colder, with E-85, works like a charm, ZZP has them, they're rated for boosted/high performance applications
SS_AL is offline   Reply With Quote