#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #421
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro19 View Post
I agree with you too. I think we are hearing something else that sounds like supercharger whine. I'm still saying a hopped up LT1 or GM is gonna suprise use with a new engine. LT7?
I can definitely hear what they are talking about. It's not birds (I can hear the birds after). Sounds like a supercharger to me, but could be something else. I'm still holding out hope that the Z/28 is naturally aspirated or at least gets a different engine than the LT4.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #422
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro19 View Post
I agree with you too. I think we are hearing something else that sounds like supercharger whine. I'm still saying a hopped up LT1 or GM is gonna suprise use with a new engine. LT7?
Hopped up LT1 I could definitely see that. Thinking along the lines of LS1 to LS6.

But an all new engine I just don't see it unless there is some other Corvette variant coming. With the Grand Sport using the LT1, I just don't see it based on past history of engine sharing.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #423
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Hoped up LT1 I could definitely see that. Thinking along the lines of LS1 to LS6.

But an all new engine I just don't see it unless there is some other Corvette variant coming. With the Grand Sport using the LT1, I just don't see it based on past history of engine sharing.
Yeah I would be very surprised also if there was a new LT* engine in this Camaro. We can all dream though....

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #424
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
No S/C here at all. It's all V8 N/A sound with open exhaust. Love the sound.

I wonder if it makes more power than SS model?
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #425
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
No S/C here at all. It's all V8 N/A sound with open exhaust. Love the sound.

I wonder if it makes more power than SS model?
I would say it would have to make more power than the SS. Because we have the 1LE already.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #426
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I hear it more in that clip. Unless that's intake noise of some kind, it sounds supercharged to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Every single road course event that I've gone to that has had a C7 Z06 has had them overheat (except for one) and it is the engine overheating and going into limp mode. Not the transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
I can definitely hear what they are talking about. It's not birds (I can hear the birds after). Sounds like a supercharger to me, but could be something else. I'm still holding out hope that the Z/28 is naturally aspirated or at least gets a different engine than the LT4.
I have listened to all the new videos 5-6 times, and think i know what you hear, its the front conard's, when entering a turn they create a vortex of air and as they go around create a whistling sound, any way that's what we think.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #427
Lucely Engineered

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
I cant wait for this to just get released, i feel like this conversation is never ending on what engine it has. Its truly funny how sure some people are based on the sound.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #428
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Okay, now I'm even more confused about the engine...

Car and Driver thinks it will be S/C, and Road and Track thinks it will be N/A. BUT, in the R&T video clip, I think I can hear some S/C whine. I am not convinced as it is very faint, but I think I hear what you guys are hearing.

But reading the Car and Driver article, they seem to think not only is it S/C, but it could be more powerful than the ZL1. Which reminded me of what my cousin told me before the ZL1 was released. He told me that he had some inside info (I don't believe in inside info BTW), that the Z/28 will be S/C and will be well over 700, if not over 800 HP to compete with the Hellcat and whatever Ford is cooking up for the GT500 power numbers. I blew him off thinking he was crazy, and told him the that the S/C car we saw testing was the soon to be released ZL1. After the ZL1 was released, I told him "told you so" (not in those words), and he reiterated that the Z/28 will be S/C and higher HP than the ZL1 and Hellcat. Reading the comments in the Car & Driver article reminded me of what my cousin said. Perhaps he was right after all....
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #429
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post

Car and Driver thinks it will be S/C, and Road and Track thinks it will be N/A. BUT, in the R&T video clip, I think I can hear some S/C whine. I am not convinced as it is very faint, but I think I hear what you guys are hearing.

But reading the Car and Driver article, they seem to think not only is it S/C, but it could be more powerful than the ZL1. Which reminded me of what my cousin told me before the ZL1 was released. He told me that he had some inside info (I don't believe in inside info BTW), that the Z/28 will be S/C and will be well over 700, if not over 800 HP to compete with the Hellcat and whatever Ford is cooking up for the GT500 power numbers. I blew him off thinking he was crazy, and told him the that the S/C car we saw testing was the soon to be released ZL1. After the ZL1 was released, I told him "told you so" (not in those words), and he reiterated that the Z/28 will be S/C and higher HP than the ZL1 and Hellcat. Reading the comments in the Car & Driver article reminded me of what my cousin said. Perhaps he was right after all....
If that were true, (and who know as this point...I think this car has the enthusiast community properly confused), you'd think the blower whine would be louder than the ZL1.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #430
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post

They would be screwing up why they called it the ZL1 vs. Z/28 in the 5th gen. The most powerful Camaro.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #431
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Still can't tell what's under the hood Skip to 1:35

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree

Last edited by MEDISIN; 05-12-2016 at 11:11 AM.
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #432
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
How do we know it's not just one development mule being used to test some ZL1 stuff some of the time and Z/28 stuff at others?

Norm
Old 05-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #433
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
The clip that has what appears to be supercharger whine at .34 seconds is the car with the automatic trans; the car with the manual trans (hash mark on front fender) never has that sound. Could they be testing a Z/28 for track which is the manual car, and a Z28 for street which is the auto car? Perhaps a ZL1 with a Z28 RPO option?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #434
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Still can't tell what's under the hood Skip to 1:35

Kinda sounds like turbo spool to me...
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote