Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #99
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Yep you just want CarPro Essence and Reload. No Essence Plus.
That was a terrible naming job by CarPro.

CarPro Essence Plus is a jeweling polish for ceramic coated cars. It can add some silica and gloss to the coating as the coating ages. It has NO abrasives.

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer has abrasives. It can be used as an All In One polish or it can be used to prepare the surface for CQuartz without removing it with CarPro Eraser.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:03 PM   #100
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
It applies fine by hand, dawn wash the car, apply the essence, then apply the reload. However if I were you, I'd leave it alone, it's not worth that much add'l gloss that I would take off a good application of reload.....maybe wait 6 to 8 months when you see the reload dissipating.
Thanks, I'll take your advice and wait. Can't complain about the gloss:

torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:38 PM   #101
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post

CarPro Essence Plus is a jeweling polish for ceramic coated cars. It can add some silica and gloss to the coating as the coating ages. It has NO abrasives.

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer has abrasives. It can be used as an All In One polish or it can be used to prepare the surface for CQuartz without removing it with CarPro Eraser.
Agreed. It can be kinda confusing for new people on which one to get.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #102
GM Lifer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS in Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post

How is CQuartz different from Reload? They both seem like a finishing step.
GM Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #103
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Cquartz is a true coating and much thicker and dense than reload. Reload is a lighter easier derivative of cquartz. CQ lasts years, reload lasts months. CQ REQUIRES MORE SKILL TO APPLY AND DOES NOT COME OFF EASILY, IT MUST BE POLISHED OFF.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #104
GM Lifer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS in Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Cquartz is a true coating and much thicker and dense than reload. Reload is a lighter easier derivative of cquartz. CQ lasts years, reload lasts months. CQ REQUIRES MORE SKILL TO APPLY AND DOES NOT COME OFF EASILY, IT MUST BE POLISHED OFF.
Yeah, I did a little research after my post and eventually figured that out. Probably a little more than I want to take on as an amateur. I prefer using products that are more forgiving.
GM Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #105
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Lifer View Post
Yeah, I did a little research after my post and eventually figured that out. Probably a little more than I want to take on as an amateur. I prefer using products that are more forgiving.
Nothing wrong with that attitude, after 15 years of detailing that's still how I feel today. That's why I don't use cquartz.....I have in the past, not worth it to me.....
Old 02-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #106
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
For you guys who are applying Essence to your paint, go with a Meguiars DMF finishing pad on your DA polisher. One slow pass is all you need. If you happen to miss removing excess on a spot or two after your done, just go back over it again. One quick pass is all that's needed.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:02 PM   #107
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Can I still use my Duragloss Rinseless with Reload or do I need to switch to Ech2o?
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #108
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Can I still use my Duragloss Rinseless with Reload or do I need to switch to Ech2o?
You can use it fine.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #109
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
I normally do a paint correction then polish once a year with adams. Can this carpro essence replace both of those or just the polish? I keep it fairly clean and don't think it needs heavy correction when I do them in the spring. Its coming up on time and I need more paint correction and a new pad. What would you recommend for paint correction if not essence?
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:44 AM   #110
Glen e

correction is done very well with what we call "the twins"; first is a true mid-polish with Meguires 105 and a medium pad on mid speed, and then meg's 205, on a slightly softer pad, mid speed.

Essence is a fine finishing polish, it doesn't have much correction.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #111
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I just started today trying CarPro’s ClearCut compound for paint correction. So far it seems to be less dust than Meguires 105 and correction seems faster. I taped off a swirl and some sanding marks(from some shitty paint work done by dealer last year) in half. First tried 205 and four passes on each using a MF pad and it barely did anything. Then tried 105 on same side with 4 passes and almost eliminated them. On other half I did only 4 passes of ClearCut and it totally eliminated each.
If you want try something new, instead of the tried and true 105, you may want to try CarPro’s ClearCut compound.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #112
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
I just started today trying CarPro’s ClearCut compound for paint correction. So far it seems to be less dust than Meguires 105 and correction seems faster. I taped off a swirl and some sanding marks(from some shitty paint work done by dealer last year) in half. First tried 205 and four passes on each using a MF pad and it barely did anything. Then tried 105 on same side with 4 passes and almost eliminated them. On other half I did only 4 passes of ClearCut and it totally eliminated each.
If you want try something new, instead of the tried and true 105, you may want to try CarPro’s ClearCut compound.
Excellent - sooo.....for paint with problems:
Clear cut
Then essence
Then CQ or reload?

Last edited by Glen e; 02-22-2018 at 01:46 PM.