Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #43
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampslife View Post
It’s the starter, they go out because it’s so close to the hot exhaust. I’m about to be on my 3rd starter. Wrap it in heat repellant wrap
What he said ^^
I had the dealer keep my car for almost 2 weeks tying to figure out what it was. Bad starter.
Car is like new again.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocautomotive View Post
I'm not talking about the long cranks that this car does when cold. It literally doesn't crank right, look at video link I posted
You definitely have a problem... taking a while to fire off while cranking is one thing but yours is dragging.

Are you modded... headers heating up the starter or something?
Old 02-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #45
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
I believe Glen was merely advising the OP that another thread with helpful information also existed. Uncalled for is a bit of a stretch.
Rule #1 of this forum... http://www.camaro6.com/forums/announcement.php?f=155

Here are a couple of threads on the subject...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516029

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491035
Old 10-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #46
cwoodard91

Drives: 2016 2SS
My car has always crank slow here and there. Now today when I came to the dealership to look at a 2019 (which they didn’t have yet) my car didn’t start at all. It try’s to turn over very slowly but doesn’t crank. Now I’m sitting at the dealership waiting for a new battery. I have a feeling the battery and the starter are both done.
cwoodard91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #47
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Finally got mine on video. I’m taking it to the dealer next week before it goes out of warranty.

https://youtu.be/iKYD84-uhNk

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:34 AM   #48
Stormtrooper2ss
IG: Limitless2ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves1SS View Post
Finally got mine on video. I’m taking it to the dealer next week before it goes out of warranty.

https://youtu.be/iKYD84-uhNk
Hey man, so I've had this issue and for a while I was jumping the car. Soon your car will not turn on and will have to be jumping the battery. The cause is starter cable with low voltage. It is in the dealer now. Starter also got melted so cable and starter are being replaced.

IG: Limitless2ss
Borla ATAK, Eibach Pro-kit Springs,OE Front splitter
Stormtrooper2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #49
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
I had this issue too and it got worse the longer I drove the car and got progressively more common over time. I took it for a 6 hr drive about 2 months ago and 3-4 hrs in I stopped for fuel and it would not start. Someone asked if I wanted a Jump and I told them that I didn't think it would help, but we tried it anyway using their jump box. It started right up. I took it to the dealer one morning to have them look at it and they could not find any issues and said bring it back when acting up so that they can troubleshoot then. If it's the starter, it seems odd that it will jump, but if it's the battery, it seems odd that it would get worse after the car runs for a long period of time since the battery is in the trunk where it won't get hot (unless the exhaust heats the battery compartment). I am at a loss, guess I need to take a day off work to take a long drive and get to the dealer before they close - idling for a long period doesn't seem to cause it for them to recreate the issue.
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote