Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2015, 11:06 PM   #43
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I know in terms of styling there will be some stuff I really like, and some stuff that will be at least, annoying, for lack of a better word. What I'm really curious about is what will be under those body panels.

Kind of like when they rolled out the C7 Corvette. I like the look of the car, for the most part, they did a good job. However, what they did at the engineers table is the really exciting part about that car. I just hope the Camaro folks took the same approach.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:15 AM   #44
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
I'm pretty sure you will not be the only one. However since the 5th gen sold so well why would they leave a proven design. Instead, as a business, they decided, I think, it'll be best for them to make a evolve form.
Also I think it'll be easier for them to come up with other designs in the future...

So far to me it looks like a new gen with roots of its successor. The 1st and 2nd gen (besides 5th) was the only major change to me as. 3rd also had a lot of changes. It got smaller, hatchback, 4cyl, head/tail lights. Then the 4th gen was a nice transition from the 3rd. Same frame but a much different shape. 4th gen took off with performance and bang for the buck. I myself liked the Firebirds more over Camraro of that era...
At the current state of the 6th gen yes it has cues from the last but it is still enough to be its own gen. Including performance and technology.

So, respectfully disagreeing with you, it's a new gen
Old 04-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #45
Rockin'UU
Account Suspended

Drives: G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
how would it be new if it was a retro second gen style?
?
Are you serious? So, to your point, how can it be new, if it looks like last years model?
Rockin'UU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #46
Rockin'UU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
I'm pretty sure you will not be the only one. However since the 5th gen sold so well why would they leave a proven design. Instead, as a business, they decided, I think, it'll be best for them to make a evolve form.
Also I think it'll be easier for them to come up with other designs in the future...

So far to me it looks like a new gen with roots of its successor. The 1st and 2nd gen (besides 5th) was the only major change to me as. 3rd also had a lot of changes. It got smaller, hatchback, 4cyl, head/tail lights. Then the 4th gen was a nice transition from the 3rd. Same frame but a much different shape. 4th gen took off with performance and bang for the buck. I myself liked the Firebirds more over Camraro of that era...
At the current state of the 6th gen yes it has cues from the last but it is still enough to be its own gen. Including performance and technology.
I always thought the 5th Gen looked like an '69 was crossed with an '92. I could always see the 3rd Gen in the 5th Gen
Old 04-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #47
Rockin'UU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
...totally in agreement with you here, Number 3.

FWIW, there was even less difference between the 3rd Gen and the 4th Gen. Camaros. Geez - the 4th Gen was even built on the identical platform as the 3rd Gen and it was still accepted as a new generation. Anybody who had a 4th Gen was cursing the same hump on the floor of the front passenger compartment that was present in the 3rd Gen car - because in the 3rd Gen, that's where the catalytic converter was, but the placement changed in the 4th Gen - but the platform (including the hump in the floor) remained the same - even with no converter present there any longer!

Styling? How many of us feel that GM hit a grand slam home run out of the ball park with the 5th Gen styling? I'd go out on a limb and say the vast majority of us! Sure... refine the styling and freshen it up while maybe changing some proportions to keep it in synch with the shorter platform - by all means...
Keep in mind though that the 5th Gen was built on a platform designed initially to underpin a full-size sedan and the 5th Gen, as handsome as it is, is still a relatively large car - especially when viewed beside a 4th Gen. Don't change a proven winner simply for the sake of change. It's above all, a Camaro and it has developed a unique identity. The new car needs to be immediately recognized as a Camaro without losing the styling cues of the 5th Gen.

Performance? GM engineers learned a few tricks along the way that enabled them to produce a car that had no right handling this well, given its size and weight. After having driven an ATS when it came out, I've been waiting anxiously to drive a 6th Gen (and read the reports) to see how the GM engineers have transferred what they've learned from the 5th Gen to the 6th Gen car!

I can't wait to see how a Camaro SS fares in Car & Driver's annual Lightning Lap comparison at VIR - where only "essentially new" versions of a car (not a refesh) are eligible to compete.

I honestly believe that when people see the car and realize its capabilities, the question of whether or not it is a new generation will be clearly answered.

Best regards,

Elie
I can see that my OP went over a lot of peoples heads.
I didn't say that the car wasn't new, I asked who wished the Car looked like a 2nd Gen.
Then I made the point that the Mustang and Camaro look TOO much like the last Gens. And there were some guys saying "But...its new, its new" I never said it wasn't, what I said was that you are going to have a hard time telling "NON CAR PEOPLE" that point, when it looks so much like last years car.
I am just as excited about the car as the rest of you, but it DOES look too much like the 5th Gen for my taste.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #48
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I agree from what we can see so far it seems to carry a similar look. More like a refresh vs. a new generation. I really hope it is not like the WRX, where the previous model just looks better than the new 2015s. Anyway, the camaro design team should be working on the new look years in advance and with the money they pay these design studios it better look great when it it revealed. Even if it is just OK, the Camaro will still represent the least expensive way to a 450+ Hp LT1, probably with 8 speed auto and 7 speed manual option. It should be lighter, faster and handle like a 1LE out of the gate. If you can get all that performance starting in the mid 30s then it will sell.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #49
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
I can see that my OP went over a lot of peoples heads.
I didn't say that the car wasn't new, I asked who wished the Car looked like a 2nd Gen.
Then I made the point that the Mustang and Camaro look TOO much like the last Gens. And there were some guys saying "But...its new, its new" I never said it wasn't, what I said was that you are going to have a hard time telling "NON CAR PEOPLE" that point, when it looks so much like last years car.
I am just as excited about the car as the rest of you, but it DOES look too much like the 5th Gen for my taste.
Most non-car people don't even realize there are generations of car, they will simply see "2016" on the sticker and want it because it is a new model. Also how many times do you hear from non-car people, "all cars today look the same....they all have those low profile tires I hate". That's what your comment makes me think of. I have to explain to my mother all the time if you can't spot the difference between a Toyota, Honda, Chevy, or Ford you need your eyes examined lol. But the point remains, non-car people aren't going to spot difference in makes much less models.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #50
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
?
Are you serious? So, to your point, how can it be new, if it looks like last years model?
yeah you're mad they're calling it new and it looks the same (even though you havn't seen it yet) but you want it to look like the second generation.
But that would be "new" right?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #51
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
yeah you're mad they're calling it new and it looks the same (even though you havn't seen it yet) but you want it to look like the second generation.
But that would be "new" right?
right?
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #52
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
People kill me with this.. If you people have seen the 6th Gen, please tell me where?? Because I want to see it too before the reveal..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #53
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
People kill me with this.. If you people have seen the 6th Gen, please tell me where?? Because I want to see it too before the reveal..
You mean you haven't seen this?
Attached Images

DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #54
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
You mean you haven't seen this?
Ahhhh.. Yeah I hate that new Gen 6.. Going to get me a Mustang!!! Sick of all this waiting...
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #55
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
The front end looks ok but that rear end looks like a family sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
You saw the front and rear end??? Where? Let's not take these renders as the bible. The Malibu unveiling proved that they can hide quite a bit under camos and padding.
I hope the rendering is wrong. I hope when I see it I love it because with the new power train I want one!!!!! But its gotta look the part
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #56

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
I hope the rendering is wrong. I hope when I see it I love it because with the new power train I want one!!!!! But its gotta look the part
This is an abomination render of a "Malibu" joined with a camo'd 6th Gen...

....Yes, the rendering is wrong...

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
retro second gen camaro