Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #43
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You had to have put it on wrong or forgot to hook the bungees, mine has always been tight at all speeds no movement at all.
Nope, it was flapping around at first so I pulled over to check it because I thought the same thing. Couldn't find anything out of place, but I took it off and put it back on just to make sure. Next thing I know it flies right out, but the bungees held it to the car. Scuffed up the clips and ripped the little foam spacers right off. Still can't figure out how air was getting under it.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
Nope, it was flapping around at first so I pulled over to check it because I thought the same thing. Couldn't find anything out of place, but I took it off and put it back on just to make sure. Next thing I know it flies right out, but the bungees held it to the car. Scuffed up the clips and ripped the little foam spacers right off. Still can't figure out how air was getting under it.
That just doesn't make sense unless like someone else mentioned maybe your top doesn't sit low enough in the well so the cover isn't fitting correctly. I used mine a lot and it never has even acted like it wanted to come off. I wish I could see how yours looked when installed so I could compare it to the way mine sits.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #45
jkupa10

Quote:
That just doesn't make sense unless like someone else mentioned maybe your top doesn't sit low enough in the well so the cover isn't fitting correctly. I used mine a lot and it never has even acted like it wanted to come off. I wish I could see how yours looked when installed so I could compare it to the way mine sits.
I never had any problems with it before that day. There was air getting under it somehow... I couldn't figure it out and got frustrated so it hasn't seen outside of my trunk since. Once Spring rolls around I'll have to look at it more closely.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #46
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
I never had any problems with it before that day. There was air getting under it somehow... I couldn't figure it out and got frustrated so it hasn't seen outside of my trunk since. Once Spring rolls around I'll have to look at it more closely.
You DID tuck the front edge of the cover down behind the rear seat?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #47
jkupa10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
You DID tuck the front edge of the cover down behind the rear seat?
Yes, always. Like I said somehow air was still getting under there and picked it up, I couldn't figure it out. It didn't seem like there was anywhere air could even possibly get in ... maybe between the leather and plastic parts? I don't know...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #48
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blau camaro View Post
Retractable hardtop only. Best of both worlds, who needs a trunk when one has a sport car?
Those Retractable hardtops have issues of their own. They squeak, creak, and rattle. The ones on the Mercedes Sl have to be adjusted ever so often.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #49
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blau camaro View Post
Retractable hardtop only. Best of both worlds, who needs a trunk when one has a sport car?
i agree completely. I dont have a 5th gen, but i dont use my camaro to haul stuff, thats what the burb is for! But before i had my truck, i did go camping with the camaro once. 3 days, me and my dad, we made do with no space! (no trunk space either, i have subs back there )
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #50
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
To the OP.
A yes
B yes
C no, for the reasons I stated earlier...

I usually use my Tonneau cover when I am going to be driving on the interstate with the top down or going to be out most of the day. I think the flapping is harder on the top, it's not that hard to put on and take off. No more than a minute. The newer style won't fly off like the early ones did. If you have the one with bungee cords instead of the plastic clips you will be ok....just remember you either have to order the tonneau separately if you get a 1LT or 1SS,or get a 2LT or 2SS to have it included.
Honestly, I have yet to use my tonneau cover (nor have I taken it out the trunk). The most I have driven with with top down has been about 5-10 miles around town. However, do you know when they added the one with the bungee cords?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
Honestly, I have yet to use my tonneau cover (nor have I taken it out the trunk). The most I have driven with with top down has been about 5-10 miles around town. However, do you know when they added the one with the bungee cords?
Sometime in 2012. Mine has the bungees.