Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #15
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
My original sales person was brilliant and knew his stuff about every Chevy, and then they promoted him so I had to talk to a new younger guy recently. This dealer has my 11.99 timeslip back when I was nearly stock (only PTB), so they like to use it to show how quick this car can be.

The new sales person was talking to me and didn't know I had a 16 while I was drooling over two ZL1's. He mentioned that the normal SS can run a 10 second 1/4 mile by just letting air out of the tires. LOL I proceeded to help him and let him know that stock 650HP ZL1's hadn't even accomplished that feat. He was absolutely convinced, though, since that's what a "manager" had told him.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #16
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
When i was younger i used to work at a dealership as a make ready guy or porter,basically the guy that washed your car before its delivered,i was always interested in cars ao when we would get new model year cars i would check them out and see what nee features they came with,when the salesmen found out i had knowledge of the cars they would come ask me about features on the cars,these were "professional" adults who were twice some times more than that my age asking the car wash guy for info on the 20,30,40 thousand dollar cars theyre about to sell,so dont be surprised that a lot of salesmen dont know about the cars theyre selling
they are strictly salespeople lol not car guys
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #17
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I really don't understand how a salesman can know so little and be so confident of what they're selling like this. Granted, it could have been an honest mistake.

Story time.

When I was looking to buy my 2016 I walked into a large dealership nearby, the salesperson was around my age, we were talking and I had her look up to see when they could start ordering the 2016 Camaro. We're BS'ing and she's talking about how Chevy is going to be coming out with the Trans Am in a year. She was so certain that the Trans Am was making a comeback, I just went along with it.

You sell several different model of vehicles, and that's it. All day you're at the dealership, how do you not know your product?! Go sit in the different vehicles and learn how they work.

I worked at Walmart for a little over a year in electronics, I knew almost all the products we carried. (digital cameras, camcorders, TVs, game consoles, video game releases, laptops, desktops, etc.) I took weekly tests to learn about new products we start carrying. It's very easy to learn products to know how to sell them. It seems like a knowledgeable salesperson in a dealership is rare.

Sorry for off-topic rant. Just blows my mind.
I want a chevy trans am
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #18
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Camaros dont have that feature, only the vettes do. Gonna have to hide the weed somewhere else lol.
I am willing to bet most people missed the SNL reference.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:44 AM   #19
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
iv never bought a vehicle were i didnt know more about it then the salesmen. They sell many vehicles and might not even be into vehicles. They probably wont know much about the leased sold vehicle they sell.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:19 AM   #20
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
This would have been spectacular, you and the salesman breaking the MyLink screen on a SS 1LE to locate extra storage space... fantastic!
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:53 AM   #21
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Why would you have to hide it , after all its legal now , and besides one can have have it in cookies , candy bars etc , there is no way any cop would suspect of it by just looking around
When a dog can still smell it hidden inside the gas tank surrounded by gas, I would say it pretty much a moot point on having a hidden compartment behind the screen.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:02 AM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
iv never bought a vehicle were i didnt know more about it then the salesmen. They sell many vehicles and might not even be into vehicles. They probably wont know much about the leased sold vehicle they sell.
The place I buy Chevy and Fords from has a sales guy that is the best I've ever seen at what they do. He really knows all the cars he sells and sell Chevys and Fords. However, I still once in awhile offer him information that he didnt know on whatever car Im buying at that time. You are looking at and research one or two cars when making a purchase. It easy to remember all the ins and out. They have sometimes ,in his case of selling both brands, what over 50 models to learn and all the submodels in those models. And should know something about the competition. Its easy to Monday morning quaterback someone else's job unless you walked a mile in their shoes.

Last sentence wasnt directed at the Jcunningham. Just a general statement.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:54 PM   #23
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
im more getting at they sell alot of different cars they probably wont know all about all of them. Nothing against sales men or women. I know more about what im buying because I read the forums befor I buy. Dealers dont have time for that. I only buy Silverados and Camaros so its easy for me.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 AM   #24
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Many dealerships treat their sales staff the same as their customers. They try to cheat them out of commission for cars they sell so they move from dealership to dealership trying to find a good one to work for. Hard to know all the different options and option packages on when you jump around to different brands.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote