Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
CC1299

Drives: 1969 SS
Another Dealer nightmare over a used sale

I have been in the market for a while searching for a 2SS. Finally after an extremely long time, I found EXACTLY what I was searching for. Found. 2012 used 2SS at a dealer out of state. Did my diligence prior to contacting the dealer direct. I have a few friends who are GM master mechanics, they coached me on how to approach it before diving in and later regretting it.

Found a pre-sales inspection company, spoke with them a few times to make sure I would get exactly what I wanted them to do for me. Thorough look thru, test drive, pictures, etc.

Called the dealer, inquired about the car, made an offer below what they were selling it for and they agreed,..without hesitation (1st Warning)
Told them I would think about it and get back to them.

The next day, received four calls from four different salesmen at the dealership. Each said they didn't know they called me already and wanted to know if I was still considering the purchase. Struck me funny how none of them noted anything anywhere that I was called already (2nd Warning).

Since I wasn't born yesterday (but the day before), I contracted the inspection. As discussed, they prefer to show up unannounced so there's no time for the seller to 'prep' or fix anything. When the contractor arrived, he inquired and said he would like to look the car over. They took him to the car and let him look around, but as soon as the hood popped open the manager came out and started flipping out on him.
The inspector explained he was there representing me for a pre-sale inspection. They told him he could look and take pictures, that's it. When he asked for a test drive, they said no, and told him they don't allow test drives unless you are purchasing the car. (3rd Warning).

The owner of the inspection company calls me to tell me what took place, because he was not only surprised, but the contractor said he was basically persuaded to leave and not spoken to after what went down.

The dealer calls me prior to the actual inspector and says, just wanted to let you know that we met the inspector, but unfortunately the car was sold just this morning.
He then informs me that the general manager asked him to let me know that the sale may not go through because the buyers financing may not work out and I still may have a chance. (are you friggin kidding me !)

When I confront him of what I learned, he tells me that they are the leading Corvette and high performance used dealer in the country and that none of the cars sold through them are test driven, they are all sold as is.

Is it me, or a typical dealer screwing?
CC1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Nope that dealer sounds like a jerk.

What dealer is it? I doubt it's a top Corvette dealer as most of them have huge interests on forums and wouldn't have the reputations they do if they sold cars undriven as often as they falsely say they do.

Warn who you can to stay away and I'd avoid any further contact since you and the inspector got jerked around.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Where is the car located????
Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Run away..........
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Top corvette dealer in the country is in Nashua, NH
MacMulkin Chevrolet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
run away.....run away very fast!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Ya, not worth it man. If they really want the sale they can let your guy test drive the car. Clearly they don't want the sale. They just want to ditch this thing as fast as they can.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
It is strange that there is no test drive, including if the inspector went with a dealer employee sitting beside him.

You sound wise.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote