BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #29
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Honestly I'd play it just for the continuation of the story. I've read all the books and such, love the entire Halo universe that they built.
thats what they are betting on. whether you end up liking the game or not, they don't care. as long as you buy it.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #30
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Yea, I don't argue with that. I kinda feel the same.

I'm sure it will be a decent game. Halo requires more skill than CoD games, so it should have some competitive elements I enjoy.
Truth. After playing CoD for a while I got back into Halo for a few weeks. Took some getting used to of course, but once I got the hang of it again, went back to play CoD... was owning people for quite a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
thats what they are betting on. whether you end up liking the game or not, they don't care. as long as you buy it.
Which is why I'll still be waiting a few days to buy it when it first comes out. If it ends up like ME3, will definitely have to reconsider the purchase.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #31
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Truth. After playing CoD for a while I got back into Halo for a few weeks. Took some getting used to of course, but once I got the hang of it again, went back to play CoD... was owning people for quite a while
Amen. The problem with CoD games, is that you're NOT playing, "who has the best shot?", you're playing, "who has the fastest internet connection?"

With internet bandwidth vs host, games like CoD will never be the best way to determine who is the most skilled shooter.

Games like Halo are where its at.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #32
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Amen. The problem with CoD games, is that you're NOT playing, "who has the best shot?", you're playing, "who has the fastest internet connection?"

With internet bandwidth vs host, games like CoD will never be the best way to determine who is the most skilled shooter.

Games like Halo are where its at.
Another issue I have with CoD is that they come out with a freaking game every year! I've always been a console gamer because I've never had a computer growing up. But I do envy how they have games like Eve and WoW.(yeah I know they're not FPS) They've been around for years. Constantly updating the servers and making inprovements throught patches etc. Then adding to the experience with an expansion pack. I hate how they come out with a new CoD every year. MW3 is it for me I don't plan on buying another now that Halo is coming. out. Look at the time between the original Halo and Reach (I don't count ODST). Hopefully they don't jump on the bandwaggon. I'd pay for an expansion every year or 2. If the new game isn't a gamechanger make it DLC campaign only and build on the multiplayer platform that works. I mean I really hate buying a new CoD every year, and to me the multiplayer for BO is better than MW3 now we have BO2, then there will be another MW title and so forth. I really drives me insane...I fell like the Beta testing really happens when the game comes out. Look at how MW2 was, then BO came out and was much better. Now MW3 comes out and pretty much addresses the complaints of BO multiplayer.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #33
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Another issue I have with CoD is that they come out with a freaking game every year! I've always been a console gamer because I've never had a computer growing up. But I do envy how they have games like Eve and WoW.(yeah I know they're not FPS) They've been around for years. Constantly updating the servers and making inprovements throught patches etc. Then adding to the experience with an expansion pack. I hate how they come out with a new CoD every year. MW3 is it for me I don't plan on buying another now that Halo is coming. out. Look at the time between the original Halo and Reach (I don't count ODST). Hopefully they don't jump on the bandwaggon. I'd pay for an expansion every year or 2. If the new game isn't a gamechanger make it DLC campaign only and build on the multiplayer platform that works. I mean I really hate buying a new CoD every year, and to me the multiplayer for BO is better than MW3 now we have BO2, then there will be another MW title and so forth. I really drives me insane...I fell like the Beta testing really happens when the game comes out. Look at how MW2 was, then BO came out and was much better. Now MW3 comes out and pretty much addresses the complaints of BO multiplayer.
EA is just trying to milk that cow dry as quickly as they can it seems. All they care about is making money, and if people happen to enjoy their games once in a while they might be ok with that too. Gaming companies need to get back to creating good games FIRST and worrying about making multiple millions of dollars second.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #34
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Man... I've been getting so pumped watchign tons of videos of Halo 4 gameplay... been playing Reach all weekend to try to hone my skills back up to par. 44 days left until release!

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #35
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Man, it is coming up fast!

Are there any new trailers lately? I don't think I have seen anything different since E3?

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
Old 09-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #36
Brokinarrow

Jeez, almost forgot it was coming out this year! Only new vids I've seen have been some kind of press release stuff showing off Cortana and the MC's interaction, nothing ground breaking.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #37
matthook

Quote:
Jeez, almost forgot it was coming out this year! Only new vids I've seen have been some kind of press release stuff showing off Cortana and the MC's interaction, nothing ground breaking.
I've just mostly been checking out the multiplayer action from the MLG players that have been able to play it. It's looking very good... although i'm sad that dual wielding isn't coming back :(

Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #38
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthook View Post
although i'm sad that dual wielding isn't coming back :(
you kiddin? that is awesome. It will make multiplayer much more balanced, like Halo: CE days.

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
matthook

Quote:
you kiddin? that is awesome. It will make multiplayer much more balanced, like Halo: CE days.
My opinion, and it seems most of other peoples' opinions are that Halo 2 was the best halo, followed by CE and 3.... I know i had the most fun playing 2 and 3... Reach obviously does not add up to them.

So since Halo 2 and 3 were my favourites, I love the dual wielding, I would always use it in those 2.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
matthook

It just seems to be getting much too close to COD... some aspects of that are ok, but i dont want it to be basically just a "space" version of COD

Old 09-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #41
matthook

What are your guys records like? If you log into the website at Halo Waypoint it gives you a career breakdown (Adds Halo 2, 3, Reach, ODST all together). im almost at 31,000 kills, i have 67 BPR and overall K/D ratio of 1.20

Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #42
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthook View Post
What are your guys records like? If you log into the website at Halo Waypoint it gives you a career breakdown (Adds Halo 2, 3, Reach, ODST all together). im almost at 31,000 kills, i have 67 BPR and overall K/D ratio of 1.20
My stats were pretty ridiculous for halo 2. I played with a lot of MLG players during training custom games. Had some legendary battles on Lockout. I played in amateur tournaments and won some decent prizes. A digital cinema student I went to college with even put together a montage for one of his projects.

I certainly lost a step with halo 3 and reach, as I wasn't a huge fans. Halo 3 maps were absolutely atrocious. Reach started to get a little better, but I hate all the flashy sprint and jet pack nonsense.

Halo CE and Halo 2 were the best. Halo 2 had great maps and balance. Standby hacking killed what should have been an even more legendary game.

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold