Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #71
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
I know its difficult to understand the fact that a Camaro ZL1 can compete with a Super World Class Famous Best in the World Super CAR, but if you would look at the Video it would make it easier for a man of your intelligence to comprehend.
I'm having flashbacks to high school just talking to you. Your zl1 can compete with his McLaren in a drag race. Congratulations. My neighbor's teenage son has a notchback 5.0 drag car that could beat both of you in a straight line. Your ZL1 must be overrated and overpriced because a cheaper car can beat it in a drag race. Flawless logic A Camaro owner calling a McLaren overrated is just absurd and embarrassing, especially based on the results of a modded car drag racing a stock car. I could build a Honda Civic to out run a ZR1 at the drag strip. ZR1s must suck.

Quote:
you are the laughing stock of this thread.
You must be reading a different thread than the rest of us.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #72
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Can we get some pictures of your collection and the mclaren to lighten the mood? Seriously though, does the mclaren feel leap years ahead of the zl1 or is it just the same, just more refined and detailed? Its kinda cool u got all those cars and a zl1, must mean its pretty bad ass. Are you adding a z/28?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #73
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
After checking out the video, I have to say that it boils down on the driver. You clearly had a good start compared to the MP4-12C so congrats to that! I also have to agree to other people here that there is no way that a ZL1 can beat an MP4-12C. They're not on the same category. I love camaros that's why I have one. Just giving my opinion on this matter. For me the real test is on the track...not on the drag strip...just my 2c.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 PM   #74
chathen613

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Wow there you go whining again, do you need paper to dry your tears, like I said before I'm available if you need some counseling, I know it hurts, but it was your decision to buy a super duper car. Accept it, your super duper car got smoked by a Camaro ZL1.

Do we have to talk about money again, its getting boring, you are the laughing stock of this thread. Like I said before, your super duper car is overrated, you should put your efforts into your ZL1, and take it to a real shop, so it can park your super duper car like I did. You should sell your super duper car and donate it to Charity.

An insult to the Camaro community, really, you must be dreaming or something, I just parked your super duper car with my Camaro. I can predict your next post, you will defend your super duper overrated car again and tell us all that your car is the best and my Camaro didn't spank your super duper car, its getting old!!! If you would have taken your time to read the beginning of this thread, you would have seen that I was playing nice, but you didn't, so now I have to play hardball and embarrass you every time you post. Please don't cry too much when you watch the video again.
I'm gonna go ahead and say the general consensus is that it's YOUR defenses that are getting old, and it is YOU that is the laughingstock of this thread. You had a nice run there, but c'mon man, you're not fooling anyone.

My ride: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242142
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 PM   #75
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
I'm having flashbacks to high school just talking to you. Your zl1 can compete with his McLaren in a drag race. Congratulations. My neighbor's teenage son has a notchback 5.0 drag car that could beat both of you in a straight line. Your ZL1 must be overrated and overpriced because a cheaper car can beat it in a drag race. Flawless logic A Camaro owner calling a McLaren overrated is just absurd and embarrassing, especially based on the results of a modded car drag racing a stock car. I could build a Honda Civic to out run a ZR1 at the drag strip. ZR1s must suck.

You must be reading a different thread than the rest of us.
Outstanding advice again, I really value your opinion.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #76
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
I'm so proud of my dad for taking down such a wildly modded Camaro at 75 years old driving an unfamiliar car for the first time.
I'm not interested in all the other "stuff" in this thread except the above quote. I only can pray that at 75 I can get my butt down to the track and race anything, even if it's a scooter.

Skyking650, much respect for offering up your time for helping others and the best idea I've seen on here yet is each of you put up a few $$ and winner gets to donate the cash. It's a win-win-win outcome and to be honest I just want to see the cars run again because it's fun. Then go have a beer together because nobody is making any real money in this so keep fun.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 PM   #77
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
I'm not interested in all the other "stuff" in this thread except the above quote. I only can pray that at 75 I can get my butt down to the track and race anything, even if it's a scooter.

Skyking650, much respect for offering up your time for helping others and the best idea I've seen on here yet is each of you put up a few $$ and winner gets to donate the cash. It's a win-win-win outcome and to be honest I just want to see the cars run again because it's fun. Then go have a beer together because nobody is making any real money in this so keep fun.

It is great to see your dad can still drive fast cars at 75. Not to derail this thread, although, this is probably a good time, but, my father is a WW2 vet and going on 89 this year. He still smokes, drinks and drives. Not in that order. My brother and I got him a flight in a P-51D Mustang last Saturday. Pilot took him up to 400mph 500 feet above the water and through some 3+G turns in the canyons. He loved the sound of the Merlin during the war. It was priceless.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS PANTHER; 01-30-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:09 AM   #78
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Wow there you go whining again, do you need paper to dry your tears, like I said before I'm available if you need some counseling, I know it hurts, but it was your decision to buy a super duper car. Accept it, your super duper car got smoked by a Camaro ZL1.

Do we have to talk about money again, its getting boring, you are the laughing stock of this thread. Like I said before, your super duper car is overrated, you should put your efforts into your ZL1, and take it to a real shop, so it can park your super duper car like I did. You should sell your super duper car and donate it to Charity.

An insult to the Camaro community, really, you must be dreaming or something, I just parked your super duper car with my Camaro. I can predict your next post, you will defend your super duper overrated car again and tell us all that your car is the best and my Camaro didn't spank your super duper car, its getting old!!! If you would have taken your time to read the beginning of this thread, you would have seen that I was playing nice, but you didn't, so now I have to play hardball and embarrass you every time you post. Please don't cry too much when you watch the video again.
Seriously... please go back and read what you just wrote. Sounds like right out of the mouth of a 6 year old.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 AM   #79
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:

Name:  funny-monkey-attitude-free-mobile-phone-wallpaper-240x320.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  45.1 KB

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #80
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
It is great to see your dad can still drive fast cars at 75. Not to derail this thread, although, this is probably a good time, but, my father is a WW2 vet and going on 89 this year. He still smokes, drinks and drives. Not in that order. My brother and I got him a flight in a P-51D Mustang last Saturday. Pilot took him up to 400mph 500 feet above the water and through some 3+G turns in the canyons. He loved the sound of the Merlin during the war. It was priceless.
That is AWESOME! I bet the smile didn't come off his face for days. It's really nice to be able to pay it back to those who really put themselves out for the rest of us. I'd love to see some video if you happen to catch any. But, maybe on another thread as I don't want to detract from the others but frankly this is more adult conversation than some of the other comments and posts.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Old 01-30-2014, 12:55 AM   #81
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
That is AWESOME! I bet the smile didn't come off his face for days. It's really nice to be able to pay it back to those who really put themselves out for the rest of us. I'd love to see some video if you happen to catch any. But, maybe on another thread as I don't want to detract from the others but frankly this is more adult conversation than some of the other comments and posts.
I had my best friend with the 427 Vette take the pics and some video.
I will post on a separate thread and let you know. Ironically, my dad was born in Toronto, Canada.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:18 AM   #82
El-Diablo

Drives: CTS-V
Can we find a track with a sharp curve at the end so the OP will understand why his ZL1 is not is the same league as an the McLaren?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #83
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post

Wow, your dad was on Top of The World! Very very nice, you are a good son indeed!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #84
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Boys will be Boys! Definitely don't get it. Love my ZL1, but if I got beat by a 75 year old, my hat would be off to him, and the ZL1 did lose. That old guy put down some serious numbers! I can just imagine if he had some wheel time how much better and better his numbers would get. Recommend a COPO Camaro if you want to spank him!

Closed Thread