Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #29
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
There was an old say that goes something like this ,,,One can NEVER satisfy GREECKS &ROMANS at the same time
I don't think that Greeks or Romans are the target customer base here, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #30
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Give it some time people. It will be just fine.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #31
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I love the new styling. I think the SS front and rear is a major upgrade over the current styling.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #32
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I've gotta get THOSE lights for MY Camaro!!!! <------something you will never hear...lol!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #33
DLyle

Drives: ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
Typical car forum rhetoric . . . changes in the new model year are made and those on forums, emotionally invested in their current car, find a reason to make themselves feel better about the model year they own.

I bet GM conducted about a zillion market studies and opinion groups before deciding those taillights were improvements, but group think here would make you wonder if a soul could possibly like them.

Accept that change is okay sometimes and that you don't necessarily have the best available Camaro anymore.

Could also be that they are not improvements. I personally wasn't ready to pull the trigger on getting a ZL-1 until I saw what the 2014 looked like. The next day I called my dealer to find out when the cut-off was for ordering a 2013. Luckily I got my order in on the very last day because I wouldn't have bought a 2014 because of the Acura Integra taillight redesign
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet 5/24
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control 5/30/13
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant 6/10/13
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced) 6/17/13
3800 Vehicle Produced 6/22/13
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8) 6/22/13
4200 Vehicle Shipped 6/27/13
Railcar Unloaded 7/7/13
Delivered to Dealer and I took delivery 7/9/13
DLyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #34
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't think that Greeks or Romans are the target customer base here, but I could be wrong.
But you get the drift , right ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #35
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
I have been really trying to get used to the rear lights by looking at different shots of the 2014 every evening on this forum. I figure if I look at something I don't like long enough it will grow on me as some say. So far it just is not happening. My son owned a Prelude and that is all I can see when I look at the rear of a 2014. Things have to evolve, however look where car design evolution has gotten us with muscle cars in the past 50 years. I think many of us would rather buy a 1st Gen Camaro or an early '70's Chevelle, or a late sixties GTO than most modern muscle cars if you could buy new old style cars.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #36
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
Typical car forum rhetoric . . . changes in the new model year are made and those on forums, emotionally invested in their current car, find a reason to make themselves feel better about the model year they own.

I bet GM conducted about a zillion market studies and opinion groups before deciding those taillights were improvements, but group think here would make you wonder if a soul could possibly like them.

Accept that change is okay sometimes and that you don't necessarily have the best available Camaro anymore.
I think that's the easiest thing for you to assume which is false. That may apply to someone who has a v6 and may be complaining I guess? Idk. I'm always looking to upgrade regardless and was looking forward to the refresh to trade in my current ZL1. I want the recaro seats, color HUD, mylink with Nav but I do not want the tail lights which means I'm not trading down which unfortunately is exactly what I'd be doing. So my only option now is looking for a '13 MY or the possibility of the 6th Gen which means ill have to wait.

Having the best Camaro is an opinionated question only ones self can answer.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #37
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
[QUOTE=Camarotobeornottobe;6612795]

Hope you didn't make that bet. GM conducted ZERO market studies/opinion groups. Car manufactures don't want your opinion. Everything is kept secret/quiet until they (the maker) releases info. Once in awhile a spy photo is taken on a test run, but otherwise the team builds the final product and starts the manufacturing process. Originally the ZL1 was suppose to be the Z28 and changed the name at the last minute. Mine is a 2013 and you can find Z28 info/detail stickers in/on the underbody. Change is always a gamble on legendary vehicles, the corvette is under a microscope by a dedicated/fanatical following, and GM knows any changes can/will affect sales if they are not true to its history. 35 years the Camaro had wraparound taillights.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #38
Vangres
Timed Rage

Drives: Mercedes Benz 300 C sport
OMG I'm totally going to remove my rear lights from '13 to '14, its TO DIE FOR!!

I want two things
-Recaros at a 1.5k price, but thats not going to happen.
-Color HUD not sure if it will be a reasonable price either.
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #39
Flea

Drives: Camaro ZL1
The tail lights are fine with me. Different, but alright.

The black plastic creeping halfway up the rear end, though.... That's what ruins the back of the car for me.

I wouldn't have really thought anything negative about the changes, if the rear end consisted of the '14 tail lights and the '12/'13 lower valance. I prefer the older tail lights, but I don't think the '14 lights are as bad as other make them out to be.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #40
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
The new rear end design looks fine to me from a distance. Def has a retro Camaro look. But from up close it doesn't look like an improvement over the 10-13. The overall rear end treatment just doesn't cut it in term of the "cool" factor. Looks too generic, very plastic looking, belongs more on an Impala than a Camaro IMO.
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #41
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Fred View Post
I have been really trying to get used to the rear lights by looking at different shots of the 2014 every evening on this forum. I figure if I look at something I don't like long enough it will grow on me as some say. So far it just is not happening. My son owned a Prelude and that is all I can see when I look at the rear of a 2014. Things have to evolve, however look where car design evolution has gotten us with muscle cars in the past 50 years. I think many of us would rather buy a 1st Gen Camaro or an early '70's Chevelle, or a late sixties GTO than most modern muscle cars if you could buy new old style cars.

Hello Camaro Fred,

Yes I agree with your theory for the most part. The classic styles are just that, "classic" and timeless. The new elements will take some getting use to and who knows, time may repeat itself!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #42
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
they wrap around because it's a Camaro Design cue.

The only years the lights didn't wrap around:

>1967-73 (7 model years)

>2010-2013 (4 model years)

--35 years of wrap-arounds.......

The problem is those 11 model years were the best designs IMO!
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote