Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #29
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
My bad , the graph does say SAE Corrected Engine Power,not rwhp.
No sir, it was my bad. I had to talk to my friends at SLP today and verified it is 650 at the crank so I have been misstating it big time.

Thanks for pointing it out and for setting me straight.

My goodness, if this is what 560 or so feels like at the rear wheels, I can just imagine what another 100 at the rear wheels feels like! WHOPEEE.

I need more.
We were very conservative as reliability is number one factor since I do so many long trips!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktempo View Post
It's a cheap mod...someone try it and post some results.
Not sure why anyone paying over 55K for a car would do a cheap mod like muffler delete. Especially w/ a dual channel system.

Headers do sound great on these cars... and definitely not too loud at idle w/ butterfly open. I say do it right or don't do it at all.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #31
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Not sure why anyone paying over 55K for a car would do a cheap mod like muffler delete. Especially w/ a dual channel system.

Headers do sound great on these cars... and definitely not too loud at idle w/ butterfly open. I say do it right or don't do it at all.
Agree 110%
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:

Aggressive sound while keeping your warranty. The exhaust is not why I am purchasing the car...the supercharger, engine and suspension are why I'm purchasing. Headers are great if you're not concerned with warranty.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
Aggressive sound while keeping your warranty. The exhaust is not why I am purchasing the car...the supercharger, engine and suspension are why I'm purchasing. Headers are great if you're not concerned with warranty.
So you would just chop your mufflers off and go straight pipes... That is what this thread is about. correct?

Spend a few hundred, get an aggressive axle or catbak system and keep your warranty. I didn't buy this car for exhaust either, but I'm sure not going to do a cheap mod like muffler delete.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #34
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
So you would just chop your mufflers off and go straight pipes... That is what this thread is about. correct?

Spend a few hundred, get an aggressive axle or catbak system and keep your warranty. I didn't buy this car for exhaust either, but I'm sure not going to do a cheap mod like muffler delete.
SLP loudmouth is a muffler delete, if I had posted that instead of "muffler delete" no one would have questioned it. I went through a few axel back systems on my 2010 and ended up liking the sound of the delete with an x pipe best. I'm not trying to pinch pennies on mods, I just know what I like.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
SLP loudmouth is a muffler delete, if I had posted that instead of "muffler delete" no one would have questioned it. I went through a few axel back systems on my 2010 and ended up liking the sound of the delete with an x pipe best. I'm not trying to pinch pennies on mods, I just know what I like.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #36
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

x2

And if anyone has the nerver to hack up a $1500 cat-back just sell it and buy a take-off SS exhaust and cut that up.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #37
1st Gen Forever
ZL1 #140

Drives: Camaros: 68 SS, 10 2SS/RS, 12 ZL1
I did the muffler delete on my SS on like day 2 of owning it and it does cackle better than the ZL1 on startup but I'm not planning on touching my ZL1 mufflers. Touching about everything else on the engine to help it breathe but not the mufflers. I want a little of that quiet around town after the mods. I do have the mild to wild for when I feel I want some burble on decel.

Last edited by 1st Gen Forever; 07-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.
1st Gen Forever is offline   Reply With Quote