Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 06:00 AM   #99
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I say get a lawyer. Better to learn from your mistake and have a clean or semi clean record then to learn from it and have a huge black mark on your record that may haunt you for years.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #100
LoganThirtyacre

Drives: Red Hot 2014 2ss Camaro Convertible
You shouldn't need a lawyer for this. I got my first and only speeding ticket about two years ago here in Florida. I was going 66 in a 30. Which is 36 OVER the speed limit. I had two cops pull me over and they told me I was going to jail that night. They told me to turn the car off and step out of the vehicle. After running my license and checking the usual stuff, they gave me a court date and told me that I shouldn't bother trying to fight the ticket in court, because I would lose since they apparently got me twice with their radar guns. I was only 18 at the time, so I was scared because I thought court meant losing my license or even jail time. I thought about getting a lawyer, but I decided to just take a risk. I showed up at court and the judge told me that if I paid a $250 ticket plus court fees that she would clear my driving record and I would have no points on my license. I guess I just got lucky? All I know is, I haven't sped ever since, and also two of my friends got similar tickets and got off the same way.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:49 AM   #101
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i dont get why anyone on this thread is offering " advise" to a moron who was going over 100 mph on a city street/hwy. ?????? this is crap. really.
use the damn car responsibibly, or get rid of the car and get a 85 Tercel.

gee wiz. this sucks. it really does. that is reckless driving to me, no matter what the state you are in. you dont need to be doing 100 mph, no matter the circumstance. i think the OP needs to grow up and drive with common sense.
If you have nothing positive to offer, stay the hell off this thread! What are you mad bc you drive a v6?? You are the moron!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #102
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Hey op take a chill pill and listen up closely man. DO NOT PLEA OUT WITHOUT A LAWYER, DO NOT DO NOT MAKE A DEAL WITH THE PROSECUTER!!! GET A DAMN GOOD TRAFFIC LAWYER AND RIDE IT OUT! They will put it off and reschudule 5-7 times and it WILL eventually get dropped/ dismissed take it for me.

Last year I was at a meet somewhere in my C6Z and we were openly racing (it was very late and practically no traffic). I was the lucky duck out of 4 to get popped. He had me sitting on the side for what seemed like forever (45 minutes). He came back with 4 tickets and I went home. I lawyered up a week later and guess what? Yup ALL 4 were dismissed on my first court appearance bro.

Take it for me, fight it dude I promise the odds will work in your favor. I have other tactics as well that got me off. If you take it to trial and you know he is there, simply walk out (right before trial starts) and go to a bondsman and pay the $200.00 bail and it will be reset for another 2-3 months (ask me how I know this).

You can make it work, I have zero points on my dl. Good luck man and pm me for any advice privately so the haters and "do gooders" won't shit on your thread.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #103
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
What are you mad bc you drive a v6?? You are the moron!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #104
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
My bad Jantzen, this was NOT dirceted toward other V6 drivers or you. It 100% was directed to the ignorant individual who posted that bs. He was obviously jealous for some reason so that is where I got that from.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #105
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
He said proudly.

No I said "matter of factly" You can't tell 'tone' on a message board post. Futhermore I wasn't even talking to you.

Apology accepted, (but we know you won't apologize when you are wrong"
Old 01-15-2015, 08:12 AM   #106
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
I should probably have one, since I know how to effectively fight it! :p

The angle for defense is in the "where reasonable and proper identification of the vehicle and the speed of same has been communicated to the arresting officer" part.

And I suppose the "Any person accused pursuant to the provisions of this section shall be entitled to have the officer actually operating the device appear in court and testify upon oral or written motion" comes into play if it were to go to trial, and of course if that other officer fails to show it could be grounds for dismissal as well.
Using one officer to track and identify a speeder and another to stop and cite the speeder is common practice. In Texas, the DPS uses a camera which can scan your license plate (we have front and back plates) and provide all kinds of information. I assume other jurisdictions use the same device.

I got pulled over by a DPS officer I passed on the highway--I was going 70 mph one way and he was going 70 mph the other. I was in the right hand lane of a four lane divided highway as was he. We had to be 75 to 100' apart as we passed. He said (and was right) that my inspection sticker had expired. I didn't see anyway he could read a one inch high number on a 3" X 4" sticker on my window in those conditions so I asked him how he did it. He showed me the camera system and how it was linked to several data bases. He could see my insurance information, the date my registration expired, the date my vehicle was last inspected and my (the vehicle owners) recent driving record. Law enforcement has access to a lot of information.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #107
Ernest T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslowss View Post
Y'all need to calm down. Getting over 100-110 is so easy to do. Especially down here on these wide laned freeways. If I get on the gas to pass someone it only takes a few seconds to get there. OP, lawyer up. Get the dash video and audio. You will get off paying court costs and the lawyer bill.
Not to mention that secondary roads in Texas have a 75 mph speed limit, interstates 80 mph and a certain toll way in central Texas has a 85 mph speed limit. You just get used to cruising along at a little higher speed here and 100 mph isn't really a big deal, hence he wasn't carted off to jail for 107. I know its hard for you guys in the northeast or California to understand the mindset here.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #108
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
Time to lawyer up. Defensive driving is not an option over 95 miles per hour or over the limit by 25 miles per hour. With an attorney you might get lucky and have it reduced to allow you to do the deferred option or at least reduce the cost of the ticket. But many times the lawyer will continue to show up to court and hope that the officer fails to appear and get a full dismissal.

Best of luck. Sucks to get a ticket, especially in the triple digits.
Don't mess around get a lawyer, he will do what is best for you.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
Old 01-15-2015, 08:22 AM   #109
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
All I can say is I have never accidently gone over 100. I would get a lawyer and understand that this is going to cost you a good amount.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #110
Ernest T

Quote:
Hey op take a chill pill and listen up closely man. DO NOT PLEA OUT WITHOUT A LAWYER, DO NOT DO NOT MAKE A DEAL WITH THE PROSECUTER!!! GET A DAMN GOOD TRAFFIC LAWYER AND RIDE IT OUT! They will put it off and reschudule 5-7 times and it WILL eventually get dropped/ dismissed take it for me.

Last year I was at a meet somewhere in my C6Z and we were openly racing (it was very late and practically no traffic). I was the lucky duck out of 4 to get popped. He had me sitting on the side for what seemed like forever (45 minutes). He came back with 4 tickets and I went home. I lawyered up a week later and guess what? Yup ALL 4 were dismissed on my first court appearance bro.

Take it for me, fight it dude I promise the odds will work in your favor. I have other tactics as well that got me off. If you take it to trial and you know he is there, simply walk out (right before trial starts) and go to a bondsman and pay the $200.00 bail and it will be reset for another 2-3 months (ask me how I know this).

You can make it work, I have zero points on my dl. Good luck man and pm me for any advice privately so the haters and "do gooders" won't shit on your thread.
He should talk to the DA--he can probably get rid of this without much fuss--they want the revenue and don't necessarily want or need to hammer the offender. Deferred adjudication, or reducing the 107 to something less so he can attend drivers education is a probability unless he runs into a jackass. In that case he'll have plenty of time to lawyer up. The key is to talk to the prosecutor before your court date. Of course you don't admit to anything, just ask what the options are for keeping this off the driving record.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #111
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
My bad Jantzen, this was NOT dirceted toward other V6 drivers or you. It 100% was directed to the ignorant individual who posted that bs. He was obviously jealous for some reason so that is where I got that from.
Gotta hit em where it hurts lol
Old 01-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #112
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The right lawyer can get you out of it. I was ticketed for 35 over in a construction zone, and for $200 plus the cost of the ticket, he got it thrown away.

On another note... What probably happened was..... the cop that pulled you over probably wasn't the one who lasered you. Generally what they do is have someone on top of an overpass lasering people, and a few chase cars on the on ramp of the highway waiting for the go ahead with the vehicle description (which is probably why he refused to show you a laser @ 107mph). Even if this isn't the case, you're not going to get out of it without a lawyer, or if you have a perfect previous driving record and the prosecutor is feeling generous (which they almost never do). The officer did nothing wrong, and it's his word against yours.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread

Closed Thread