Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #28645
sbyerly2011camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible RS
I just ordered a cold air intake. I bought the K&N 694520TP typhoon. Anyone else have one of these. I didn't install it yet due to it hasn't been delivered. I can't wait to put it in.
sbyerly2011camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #28646
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
There's a few cars running it 100% succesfully. one is a buddy locally. I'll be going with HPtuners this spring.
Nice who did the tuning?

edit: who are the cars? i'd like to see the progress.

Last edited by Lil' Nasty; 01-17-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #28647
DetCamaro15

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro
What do you guys think about performance chips for the 2015 v6?
DetCamaro15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #28648
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
There are none, they are a waste of money
Old 01-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #28649
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyerly2011camaro View Post
I just ordered a cold air intake. I bought the K&N 694520TP typhoon. Anyone else have one of these. I didn't install it yet due to it hasn't been delivered. I can't wait to put it in.

That may be my Spring project. I am curious how others like it, also.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:47 PM   #28650
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
(As far as I know) I Don't believe the tuning will work on FI applications (LLT) when I emailed about the HP tuners.
Sorry. I meant what has happened as far as FI or tuning (NA) news goes. It seems IPF is the new go to tuning option?
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #28651
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Nice who did the tuning?

edit: who are the cars? i'd like to see the progress.
J&M motorsports in CT. They've done a few cars apparently with HPtuners. there's still improvements to be made with the software from my understanding but they work. The only member I know of personally is gutterball but I know there are others. I think the last time he dynoed he was around 380hp to the wheels on an ipf kit.

I've spoken with jannetty racing and now that hptuners supports the LLT he said he was confident he can tune the car as well. So Ill be taking my car to them since their a block away and see what they can do with my kit.

I'm no tuner but I'd say by my opinion hptuners is the way to go. Ipf might be able to tune the car but its not for YOUR car. From my experience it seems its one generic tune they give to everyone and they make minimal changes depending on customer feed back. IMO nothing beats a dyno tune done on your car for your car. Oh and it can be a pain getting them to update the tune for you as well
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #28652
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
J&M motorsports in CT. They've done a few cars apparently with HPtuners. there's still improvements to be made with the software from my understanding but they work. The only member I know of personally is gutterball but I know there are others. I think the last time he dynoed he was around 380hp to the wheels on an ipf kit.

I've spoken with jannetty racing and now that hptuners supports the LLT he said he was confident he can tune the car as well. So Ill be taking my car to them since their a block away and see what they can do with my kit.

I'm no tuner but I'd say by my opinion hptuners is the way to go. Ipf might be able to tune the car but its not for YOUR car. From my experience it seems its one generic tune they give to everyone and they make minimal changes depending on customer feed back. IMO nothing beats a dyno tune done on your car for your car. Oh and it can be a pain getting them to update the tune for you as well

Yeah...I've patiently waited for a dyno tune ever since the trifecta tune was taken off my car. As much as people want to say IPF is a "generic" tune, you can get a IPF dyno tune...you just have to go to Tempe, Az. Some may say thats not worth it, I would agree. However I would also say I'm not going all the way to Connecticut for a dyno tune that I haven't seen any data on either. Not trying to bash j&m but giving my honest opinion.

I did talk to Matt @ fsp who did the very first IPF hp tuners tune on zabeasts car..it was successful, I'm not sure if all the tables were unlocked. But wasnt doing anymore LLT FI cars after his.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #28653
Lombardi

Quote:
Yeah...I've patiently waited for a dyno tune ever since the trifecta tune was taken off my car. As much as people want to say IPF is a "generic" tune, you can get a IPF dyno tune...you just have to go to Tempe, Az. Some may say thats not worth it, I would agree. However I would also say I'm not going all the way to Connecticut for a dyno tune that I haven't seen any data on either. Not trying to bash j&m but giving my honest opinion.

I did talk to Matt @ fsp who did the very first IPF hp tuners tune on zabeasts car..it was successful, I'm not sure if all the tables were unlocked. But wasnt doing anymore LLT FI cars after his.
No i agree. but I guess my point is if there's a HPTUNER capable tuner in your area I don't see why they wouldn't be able too. Being still beta I don't think all the tables are unlocked but from what I've seen it's enough to have a good and safe running car that makes good power. My buddy has had it on his car probably since hp tuner released the software for the LLT and he drives his car all year around so I would deff trust the tune.

I'm going with jannetty just because of how close they are and their track record is very good despite not having done the LLT yet. but he seemed very confident he can do it. we shall see
Old 01-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #28654
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
No i agree. but I guess my point is if there's a HPTUNER capable tuner in your area I don't see why they wouldn't be able too. Being still beta I don't think all the tables are unlocked but from what I've seen it's enough to have a good and safe running car that makes good power. My buddy has had it on his car probably since hp tuner released the software for the LLT and he drives his car all year around so I would deff trust the tune.

I'm going with jannetty just because of how close they are and their track record is very good despite not having done the LLT yet. but he seemed very confident he can do it. we shall see
Is your buddy N/a?... I have a shop in town that has had HP but doesnt feel confident touching the V6's Hopefully J&M will make progress with the tune for the FI V6's.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #28655
Lombardi

Quote:
Is your buddy N/a?... I have a shop in town that has had HP but doesnt feel confident touching the V6's Hopefully J&M will make progress with the tune for the FI V6's.
No he's running the ipf kit as I am. I'm currently on ipf tune but will go hp tuner in spring like I said.

Like I said he's over 380 to the wheels right now on the hp tune for at least a year I'd guess and no issues I know of I think the only problem they've had is something with the torque limiter but their working on it. I beleive the couple cars they have done are all supercharged none n/a.

we're in a good place now compared to before and I think once the software switches from beta to full well be really good (if that will ever happen)

I know once jannetty gets my car down they will be able to send the tunes to others and make adjustments as needed so I hope that helps as well. I think their tune support will be well ahead of ipf. took me forever just to get replacement parts from them and I've read some stories from other members trying to get their tunes adjusted
Old 01-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #28656
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
The issue with IPF tune is Arno is really the only guy over there that understands the LLT ECU, and he is in Germany. I has taken me almost a year to get the tune to where it is today. It now runs great in all types of weather not just dry warm weather. I now pass emission no problem also. I would like to go back to J&M for an HP tune but want to get past emissions in February first. That's if the weather in New England cooperates.
I also talked to Jannetty but they still seem a little hesitant to touch the llt. They did my 69 SS a while back and I was very impressed.
Don't count out J&M they are also a good operation and won't do something they aren't confident with.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #28657
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Found this thread on page 3! R.I.P., V6 Lounge. Wait...
Old 02-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #28658
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat