Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Would love to see a video explaining how to do it (in great detail) with these newer lights.
Professional installation is highly recommended

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #16
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post

Nick C.
Are those red lights legal? I love them but I don't need another reason to get pulled over.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #17
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
Are those red lights legal? I love them but I don't need another reason to get pulled over.
They are RGBWA, so they have a separate white built-in as well!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #18
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSKYWALKER View Post
Much higher quality than the set from Oracle.
How do you figure they are much higher quality then Oracle? I have had no issues with my Oracle side markers and they look great IMO pic below to compare the 2 brands. I am not a fan of the reflective lens Diodes has regardless if its DOT approved or not i feel the LED bleeds into the lens distorting the thing in 90% of the pictures i have seen on here. So unless you had Oracles installed previously on your Camaro/Gen 6 before Diodes I wouldn't personally make that assumption so fast.
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #19
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
I have the DDs but those look great keon.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #20
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Doesn't someone already have a kit out that allows the user to change the color of the DRLs?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #21
Dallace

Drives: Fifty
" the LED bleeds into the lens distorting the thing in 90% of the pictures i have seen on here".

I see what you mean as far as the pics go but the leds are a small detailed thin strip down the middle. It looks like a thin strip of light. For some reason when you take a pic of them they do look different. See the difference vs daylight and darkness. I just put them on last week and love them. They look like they belong on the car. I get a lot of complements. But again when you look at them at night they look the same as in the daytime. A thin strip down the middle very sharp and detailed.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #22
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
The DD's are on my list. I think the smoked ones will go nice with the blacked out look I have, but all in good time.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:24 AM   #23
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post

Nick C.
Yeah but some of us have been trying to do this our selves without sending it away for "professional installation". If its just baking it at X temp for X time it should be simple enough if one takes their time. Hardest part should be breaking the seal.

On a side note, will you be making kits that can do sequential lighting or chase lighting?
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #24
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I've been waiting for these for a while...the perfect look of the single solid LED line. I'm going to order these I think. Hopefully they have the ghosted paint finish option like the other guys.

I've owned Oracle headlight LED rings before and they're good quality and they stand behind them, but the little individual LED's lights don't look as good as these. The Oracles are very bright and I've had them since 2013, but that will lessen over time. You'll also start to see individual lights die and it will stick out visually if it's in the center...could drive you nuts. When that happens you need to go through a certified installer to get the warranty from Oracle, but most installers will charge you labor all over again to replace. They take a long time to do start to finish. It sounds simple and looks simple on the internet, but it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Would love to see a video explaining how to do it (in great detail) with these newer lights.
Trust me when I tell you that you DO NOT want to do this yourself. I'll go as far as to say I would be extremely careful which professional I chose to do an install.

Basically you have to bake the headlight housing in an oven at the perfect temp and time to loosen the factory glue. You can't get the same exact glue yourself so after you bake them once, you have to bake them again to put them back together. It's the only way to do it to re-use the factory glue. Break a little piece inside and you'll find yourself needing to order a new light (probably $500+). Get the baking time or temp wrong, and you'll see moisture inside the light over time. If you can't find an experienced top level installer, I would send your lights in for a swap from the vendor...safest way to do it.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #25
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Trust me when I tell you that you DO NOT want to do this yourself. I'll go as far as to say I would be extremely careful which professional I chose to do an install.

Basically you have to bake the headlight housing in an oven at the perfect temp and time to loosen the factory glue. You can't get the same exact glue yourself so after you bake them once, you have to bake them again to put them back together. It's the only way to do it to re-use the factory glue. Break a little piece inside and you'll find yourself needing to order a new light (probably $500+). Get the baking time or temp wrong, and you'll see moisture inside the light over time. If you can't find an experienced top level installer, I would send your lights in for a swap from the vendor...safest way to do it.
I know that you have to bake them and separate everything. As far as re-using the glue you don't have to do that. Use some RTV and G2G. Problem is I want a specific sequential kit. I would love if DD did these but I cant take a daily driver car off the road to take off the headlights, ship them and wait until they get back when I CAN do this myself. The hardest part is baking it at the right temp/time and separating. Once that is done, its easy to install everything and get it back together. This is why I was asking about a how to for those of us brave enough to attempt it on our own vehicles.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #26
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Or you get vinyl that has the middle open and boom
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote