Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
swm

Drives: Subaru XV Crosstrek
Daily driving the 1LE - tires

I'm pretty much all set to purchase the Camaro SS 1LE either during thanksgiving or xmas.

However I do have a couple of questions:

1. How long do the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 tires last? A full set costs close to $1400!

2. If I am going to be daily driving my 1LE (~50 miles a day), is there a different set of tires I can run?
swm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Depends on how you drive but 10k is about normal. Michelin or Continental
make good dd options..or nitto.. but expect them all to be a bit pricey..g3 work great on track imo.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
Depends greatly on your use. I have 2 track days and probably 9k miles on mine and they will need to be replaced after the first track day in the spring. I run snow tires for four months of the year and I haven't done any hooning.
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
You should be able to find G3s for cheaper, as that's what I pay in CAD$ delivered all in.
But stockers are really R-comps with 220 tread rating so don't expect miracles
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #5
Russm

Drives: 1SS 1LE Black, Mazsaspeed 3 Silve
I was able to get 16K out of the fronts and 12 K out of the rears driving like an old man!
Russm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by swm View Post
I'm pretty much all set to purchase the Camaro SS 1LE either during thanksgiving or xmas.

However I do have a couple of questions:

1. How long do the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 tires last? A full set costs close to $1400!

2. If I am going to be daily driving my 1LE (~50 miles a day), is there a different set of tires I can run?
I daily mine along with AutoX and the occasional track day. I got about 11k out of my first set of the OEM goodyears. I think thats about the max you should expect. I highly recommend getting an alignment as soon as you pick up the car or even negotiate it into the purchase. If you want to only daily the car then I would go ahead an look at something with a higher tread wear rating. Pilot Super Sports may be a better more street biased tire for you, but you will pay a big premium for the Michelin brand.

I would say buy the car and use up the OEM tires while you make your decision on what set to get next. No need in trying to sell the OEM tires you won't get much at all on the used market. Also you will have a good baseline and feel how those tires were specifically engineered to work with this car.

For me it was balanced well enough to justify just buying a new set of the OEM Goodyear Supercar 3's instead of forking out the money for a second set of wheels and tires to dedicate to the softer tires. If you are keeping the car for a long time it may make sense but for me the smarter decision was to keep the same tires.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russm View Post
I was able to get 16K out of the fronts and 12 K out of the rears driving like an old man!
Why'd you buy a 1LE then?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #8
shawndean22

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Depends how you drive. I am just over 10k miles and they are about half in the rear. Daily Drive highway, no track days.
shawndean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
I have around 13K on my stock tires, they look to be just past half gone. Not track events.

As said above, drive the originals and figure out what you want to do next. I've had them in some significant rain (Hot Rod Power Tour) and I was impressed at how well they worked, considering the tread depth.
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #10
swm

Thanks everyone. I'd like to enjoy the OEM tires on special occasions like going for a long spirited drive up here in the mountains in SoCal. But for regular use (going on the 101 or something lol) I'd rather just use street tires.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
Magsz

Drives: 17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by swm View Post
Thanks everyone. I'd like to enjoy the OEM tires on special occasions like going for a long spirited drive up here in the mountains in SoCal. But for regular use (going on the 101 or something lol) I'd rather just use street tires.
I don't get it.

The stock tires ARE street tires with a bias towards excellent performance versus tread life.

You're going to get a second set of rims and tires in order to mount street tires to preserve a street tire?
Magsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #12
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
4300 miles and after Daytona, think I have one event left. Fun, but it are them up!!!
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #13
swm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
I don't get it.

The stock tires ARE street tires with a bias towards excellent performance versus tread life.

You're going to get a second set of rims and tires in order to mount street tires to preserve a street tire?
This is going to be my first "performance" (in quotes - I know it IS a performance car, but I've personally never owned something with this much power before) vehicle and I was under the impression that these tires are very soft and would get destroyed by rough roads like the ones we have here in SoCal (with crap on the road and what not).
Old 10-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #14
Russm

Drives: 1SS 1LE Black, Mazsaspeed 3 Silve
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Why'd you buy a 1LE then?
to put 19K in 6 months, best driving I have ever had!!! I'm not your typical old man
Russm is offline   Reply With Quote