Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Slightly rough idle....

Ive noticed at times while backing out of the garage the car is lurching a bit...not sure if thats the correct word but basically as i roll back using no gas pedal im getting a slight jerky motion. It dosent happen all of the time.

I had my father in the car and he thought the slight kicks while at stoplights means the timing is off. This made me think of the backup jerks sometimes so...part of me thinks its because this is a 6.2 liter pushrod V8, part of me thinks something isnt exactly dialed in right. Ill mention it at my next (well first or maybe second as far as im aware, it has 5k on it) oil change at the dealer.

Ive read that the L99 (this is my motor) idles smoother than the LS3, leading me to believe some roughness in idle is OK? What do the experts here think??

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
It does the same thing for me if you start it and throw it in reverse right away. If you wait a couple seconds before throwing it in reverse it doesn't do it.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Just noticed the other thread too....thinking normal? Good. And yes, im usually right on the button in the morning to get to the office, start it up and as soon as shes running i throw it in reverse within 15 seconds.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Ya there was just another thread on this yesterday. But the car will run rough within the first few seconds when you start it up due to the fact that it has a more aggressive cam in it compared to other cars LOL
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10BlkSS View Post
Ive noticed at times while backing out of the garage the car is lurching a bit...not sure if thats the correct word but basically as i roll back using no gas pedal im getting a slight jerky motion. It dosent happen all of the time.

I had my father in the car and he thought the slight kicks while at stoplights means the timing is off. This made me think of the backup jerks sometimes so...part of me thinks its because this is a 6.2 liter pushrod V8, part of me thinks something isnt exactly dialed in right. Ill mention it at my next (well first or maybe second as far as im aware, it has 5k on it) oil change at the dealer.

Ive read that the L99 (this is my motor) idles smoother than the LS3, leading me to believe some roughness in idle is OK? What do the experts here think??

Please let us know how service goes at the dealership and if they were able to address the concern you have been experiencing.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
Dalefj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know how service goes at the dealership and if they were able to address the concern you have been experiencing.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
^ Things like this really give me pride in Chevy and their customer service. Great to see how active the company is on these forums. Hope the dealer is able to straighten everything out.
Dalefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I think it is normal. Mine does it too sometimes. There is a lot going on inside these engines. Occasional idle "stumbles" are ok. Lots of them is something to look into.
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote