Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Kewl, great car.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #30
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Not just "a" Chevy, the 2010 Camaro The Camaro has more curves, long hood, short deck, wide hips. The CTS-V (coupe, sedan and vagon) look "sharp" to me, clean lines, muscular in the right places, but lacks the sex appeal of the Camaro's proportions.

Let's face it, Cadillac is in the middle of a huge image come-back. One needs look no further than Lincoln to realize what could have happened to the brand.
That is your opinion, to me the shape got a bit boulbous and overly done on the Camaro between concept and production, but the CTS is just great looking in sedan or wagaon especially.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #31
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
The wife and I have been having this same conversation, but she wants a new car so we are thinking about trading/selling her 2004 SRX and getting a CTS-V. But we are soooooooo getting the wagon.

Definitely getting White Diamond. A blown White Diamond wagon will go perfectly with our turboed White Diamond Escalade
The CTS Wagon is one of those cars that pictures do no justice. Got look over one finally a few months ago (not a V though) and just loved the proportions.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #32
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Nice choice. The V is an amazing car.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #33
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I am looking for an Opulent Blue Metallic V Sedan myself... if I find one close to me and the trade value is right for my Camaro + my Avalanche, I'll be right there with you!

Awesome ride.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #34
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Your loss of the Camaro is HIGHLY mitigated by being in that CTS-V! Congratulations!
Great post, i think you nailed it. Like many of my Camaro and Corvette brethren, the V is represents the very best of what America has to offer. There is so much of what I love about the Camaro in the V, I still feel right at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I am looking for an Opulent Blue Metallic V Sedan myself... if I find one close to me and the trade value is right for my Camaro + my Avalanche, I'll be right there with you!

Awesome ride.
I have yet to see the OBM, my wife and I both like photos of it. Don't ever drive a V unless you're prepared to buy - you will fall in love (especially if it has Recarro's)!

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #35
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post

I have yet to see the OBM, my wife and I both like photos of it. Don't ever drive a V unless you're prepared to buy - you will fall in love (especially if it has Recarro's)!
They seem to be next to impossible to find... Closest OBM Sedan to me I found was in Virginia near DC, but they won't do a dealer trade.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote