Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #29
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayap79 View Post
Was driving back up to PA this weekend from picking up my 2013 2SS, I ran into a funny thing.

I had about 30 minutes left on my trip when I was riding behind a GT 500 'Vert. After I bit of that I start to hear a blowoff valve in the distance, I look over to my right and there is this younger kid in a VW Golf he had put a turbo on....this dude thought his car was so bad.

I immediately start laughing at him because I knew what he wanted. He didn't enjoy me laughing either. After about a mile of him revving at me I sat up in my seat like I was ready to drop it and go, so I pass the GT500.

Then I give him the point to go, I never accelerated. He guns it. When he figures out I didn't race him, he drops back even with me again. By the time he gets back to me I can't help but smile at him again.

Again with the revving...for about another mile.

I rolled down my window, waved, and got off on my exit.

Poor fella.

depending on the turbo, he might've been able to take you.... but that's to be decided on the dragstrip, good decision OP

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #30
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Bro them aint trucks them there's damn there nascars
Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #31
Slow SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (CGM)
I take it as a compliment when someone ****s with me on the road. If they think my car is a threat then more power to me!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #32
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
I have not had any issues with ricers while in my camaro. But they love pulling up next to my S60R. Its the car they wish they could afford, but cant. So they think they need to show me that their POS turbo Honda, VW, or whatever is just as fast. What they don't know is that 1 I can care less and 2 I'm sitting in one of the nicest interiors of the 04-07 MY cars.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #33
Revenant

Drives: '11 1SS LS3 and '90 240sx hatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayap79 View Post
Was driving back up to PA this weekend from picking up my 2013 2SS, I ran into a funny thing.

I had about 30 minutes left on my trip when I was riding behind a GT 500 'Vert. After I bit of that I start to hear a blowoff valve in the distance, I look over to my right and there is this younger kid in a VW Golf he had put a turbo on....this dude thought his car was so bad.

I immediately start laughing at him because I knew what he wanted. He didn't enjoy me laughing either. After about a mile of him revving at me I sat up in my seat like I was ready to drop it and go, so I pass the GT500.

Then I give him the point to go, I never accelerated. He guns it. When he figures out I didn't race him, he drops back even with me again. By the time he gets back to me I can't help but smile at him again.

Again with the revving...for about another mile.

I rolled down my window, waved, and got off on my exit.

Poor fella.

I for one think it's funny with all these types of posts. "There's this young guy in a decent car modded to run and he tries to challenge me in my "badass" stock camaro."

Yeah, you may have passion for your car and thinks it's faster then any 4 banger but i'm sure he would've kept up or even smoked your ride. ...and I think you know it too, it's why you made sure not to run him.

Most of these guys don't wanna weave in and out of traffic or anything like that, they just wanna see how our cars pull from 45 to 65 or so. You can gauge performance from that.

My 240sx has around 230rwhp from a 2.4L but it's also 2300 lbs. It feels very similar to my 400rwhp camaro with 3700 lbs.

So come on, at his age, were you in a decent ride? Give'em a break, he's in the car culture and when he's your age he'll probably even mod a car as cool as yours.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
5ohcamaro

Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
I for one think it's funny with all these types of posts. "There's this young guy in a decent car modded to run and he tries to challenge me in my "badass" stock camaro."

Yeah, you may have passion for your car and thinks it's faster then any 4 banger but i'm sure he would've kept up or even smoked your ride. ...and I think you know it too, it's why you made sure not to run him.

Most of these guys don't wanna weave in and out of traffic or anything like that, they just wanna see how our cars pull from 45 to 65 or so. You can gauge performance from that.

My 240sx has around 230rwhp from a 2.4L but it's also 2300 lbs. It feels very similar to my 400rwhp camaro with 3700 lbs.

So come on, at his age, were you in a decent ride? Give'em a break, he's in the car culture and when he's your age he'll probably even mod a car as cool as yours.
Agreed.

To the OP- what exactly is your definition of a ricer? Is My twin turbo 300zx pushing 500rwhp with loud BOV's a ricer? There's a difference between tuners and ricers. Just saying.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #35
ca2010maro
Zach

Drives: 10 SIM 1LT, 66 F100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post

This... Can't agree more. I consider myself lucky I'm only 19 and I have my dream car already.
ca2010maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #36
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
large headed camaro owners are cute too.

Remember...you laugh at the imports....the Merc AMGs/Audis R series/BMWs M series laugh at you.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #37
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
large headed camaro owners are cute too.

Remember...you laugh at the imports....the Merc AMGs/Audis R series/BMWs M series laugh at you.
Depends on the area!!! Where I live those guys all gawk at me! But that is only because I am the only Camaro in the region
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
lol you guys ripping on the diesel owners wouldn't be laughing once you get smoked (literally and figuratively) by them on the 1/4.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #39
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohcamaro View Post
Agreed.

To the OP- what exactly is your definition of a ricer? Is My twin turbo 300zx pushing 500rwhp with loud BOV's a ricer? There's a difference between tuners and ricers. Just saying.
Agreed.

I've always considered myself a tuner in the 4 cylinder sport compact world. I tinker under the hood, and up the over all performance vs. placing stickers & a fart can on the car.
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #40
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
lol you guys ripping on the diesel owners wouldn't be laughing once you get smoked (literally and figuratively) by them on the 1/4.
You are 100% correct.

There are fast diesel trucks out there....

Although, all the ones in my area are beat to hell & just make a lot of noise & smoke.
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #41
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
I ran a diesel in my old G8, we were both filling up at the same time and he started talking to me about it. We ended up getting side by side on the highway right there and we went for it from 30-70. I barely had half a car on him. He had 4 guys and was carrying stuff in the bed.

I had LT's, exhaust and intake.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #42
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I thought this was going to be a thread about a cute girl and a ricer, like this:

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote