Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #1
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
I want to like it, I do...

...but I can't. The current car is a styling masterpiece, unlike anything on the road, and the details are what make what is essentially a slab body, sexy as hell. But the new car underwhelms me. It's got conflicting creases, straight edges, curves, and blobs that just don't flow the way the current car does. Initially I though, "Yes!" especially in the sweet blue revealed in Detroit. But little details, and angles irritate me. Perhaps a mid-cyle refresh can help? I hope so. I liked loving the current Mustang (and the new one more so), Challenger (best of the bunch?) and the Camaro's (Daring, bold, modern, less retro than the other two) visual flair especially when compared to foreign designs that were to busy or too bland. But this feels to me more "foreign" than the Euro-inspired Mustang? Perhaps it will grow on me, as the rear of the new Mustang has? Anyone else not sold on the new look?

Do you:

A) Love it, wouldn't change a thing
B) Hate it?
C) Think its a good evolution of the current car?
D) Think it could have been better?
E) Other?
Attached Images

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A
A
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Nope, just nope.
Attached Images

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 07-22-2015, 12:21 AM   #4
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A
A

Glad you found your perfect car. I haven't been so lucky in a very long time. I dislike my current car's design (Mustang) from the back of the rear wheel arch backward. Too awkward.

I think the last car I loved every element of exterior design was my 1969 Cougar. There's been, what?, 25 plus cars in between that and my current cars? My Mom always said I was too picky for my own good.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #5
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Glad you found your perfect car. I haven't been so lucky in a very long time. I dislike my current car's design (Mustang) from the back of the rear wheel arch backward. Too awkward.

I think the last car I loved every element of exterior design was my 1969 Cougar. There's been, what?, 25 plus cars in between that and my current cars? My Mom always said I was too picky for my own good.
i like it... and it poops on the mustangs looks so #winning
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #6
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Makes the 5th gen look obsolete, the new Mustang makes the 5th gen look obsolete as well, the 6gen Camaro makes the new Mustang looks obsolete too, so its a winner in my book.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #7
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
...but I can't. The current car is a styling masterpiece, unlike anything on the road, and the details are what make what is essentially a slab body, sexy as hell. But the new car underwhelms me. It's got conflicting creases, straight edges, curves, and blobs that just don't flow the way the current car does. Initially I though, "Yes!" especially in the sweet blue revealed in Detroit. But little details, and angles irritate me. Perhaps a mid-cyle refresh can help? I hope so. I liked loving the current Mustang (and the new one more so), Challenger (best of the bunch?) and the Camaro's (Daring, bold, modern, less retro than the other two) visual flair especially when compared to foreign designs that were to busy or too bland. But this feels to me more "foreign" than the Euro-inspired Mustang? Perhaps it will grow on me, as the rear of the new Mustang has? Anyone else not sold on the new look?

Do you:

A) Love it, wouldn't change a thing
B) Hate it?
C) Think its a good evolution of the current car?
D) Think it could have been better?
E) Other?
I vote A. I don't think it will really come down to these issues for you. You don't like some things about your 302 and say the 5th Gen is a masterpiece, but you didn't buy the 5th Gen. I think for most people it is about the total package (including brand), that drives the decision.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #8
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
C/D (A is reserved for the C7 Z51 or Z06 with black wheels). Once you see it in person, you may change your mind. I haven't seen it in person yet and it does seem to look kind of awkward in pictures, so I'm reserving my judgement until I see one up close.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I am between your option A and option C. I fall between love it, and good evolution.

I wouldn't say its the grand slam, OMG, *DROOL* type of reaction I felt when I first saw the 5th gen reveal nearly a decade ago, but I wouldn't expect that either since this is basically an evolution of that. Its a good execution in my opinion.

I really, really like it, and I like it from pretty much every angle. The rear is where the love falls off a bit for me, but even that I don't hate. I certainly like it much better than the 14/15 model's rear, so that alone makes me happy. The taillights themselves are great. I will also say the side feels a bit softened to me, and I like hard edges better. But again...still like it a lot.

If I were to end up with a 2LT V6 instead of a 1SS, I'd likely end up swapping the front for an SS front....maybe. Maybe not. But to my eyes, the open mouth on the LT front end is a little too big. From side angles it looks great, but the front on view is a bit awkward to me. The SS front I really love a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I vote A. I don't think it will really come down to these issues for you. You don't like some things about your 302 and say the 5th Gen is a masterpiece, but you didn't buy the 5th Gen. I think for most people it is about the total package (including brand), that drives the decision.
Right on.

The fact that I think the car is attractive, aggressive in the front, combine with the sweet new interior and features, and the fantastic chassis and drivetrain, this car is homerun as a package.

I can't wait to start seeing people mod the car, and what the hi-po models could look like. Take a look at this for instance......WOWZERS!! I will certainly be modding mine over time to make it a bit more aggressive

(credit goes to Camaro news website)
Attached Images

Last edited by KMPrenger; 07-22-2015 at 08:41 AM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #10
AceofSpades6
Build it so you Love it!

Drives: 10 2SS SIM
Send a message via Skype™ to AceofSpades6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
C/D (A is reserved for the C7 Z51 or Z06 with black wheels). Once you see it in person, you may change your mind. I haven't seen it in person yet and it does seem to look kind of awkward in pictures, so I'm reserving my judgement until I see one up close.
Agree,just have to wait for the test drive day.
AceofSpades6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:20 AM   #11
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
I think a lot of the early press pictures have been terrible, taken at awkward angles and or bad light conditions, most look like they had been taken by journalists with zero experience.

Video however make the car look great, even crappy cell phone video seems to convey that the car has great style and looks.
Do I like everything about the new Camaro? Nope, Id have liked the front to be more balanced, the lower fascia is way too large, but I understand why it is that way, form following function with the increased radiators and all.
I would have also liked a more aggressive look, more like 5th gen where those cars look like they want to punch you in the face, especially '10-'13, but its close to where I want it.
C & D for me
I like it, Id love a couple of things changed, but overall Its a great evolution.
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #12
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
E

Need to see it in person. Based on the pictures I have seen, certain angles and colors make it look just ok. Other times it looks really damn good. I love the improvement in the interior, and I am one of the few that really likes what they did with the rear end.

But like I said I need to see it in person. Based on pictures, I think the S550 is the better looking car. To my eyes, the S550 looks more athletic and aggressive
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #13
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I vote A. Much more athletic and muscular looking. The 5gen was becoming dated and needed a refresh

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #14
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
I vote C. Although the rear end looks a little odd in pictures. I do like the spoiler that most people hate and I think the new front end and hood on the ss are sweet. The only American car that I'm totally in love with is the C7 and it's variants.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote