Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #15
MShafer

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Pricing is listed as available in Q3, so I'm going to assume Late July or sometime in August. So....is this allocated order date before then??
8/13/2015 From my experience it is usually about two months after this date that the first production starts so probably 10/13/2015 and then safely two weeks after that for them to be hitting dealers. I predict 11/10/2015 for first ones to hit the lots for allocated orders
MShafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #16
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MShafer View Post
8/13/2015 From my experience it is usually about two months after this date that the first production starts so probably 10/13/2015 and then safely two weeks after that for them to be hitting dealers. I predict 11/10/2015 for first ones to hit the lots for allocated orders

This information is correct.

Since order allocations open on 8/13, I would imagine we will have all information about the 6th gen (exact pricing, exact standard features on each trim, exact options and option pricing, and all verified performance data) by the end of July at the latest.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #17
MShafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

Since order allocations open on 8/13, I would imagine we will have all information about the 6th gen (exact pricing, exact standard features on each trim, exact options and option pricing, and all verified performance data) by the end of July at the latest.
We may not have exact pricing by that time. For instance right now I have 4 orders for 2016 Stingrays that are being built in 4 days and still have no pricing for them. So who knows if we will get the exact option pricings. I am sure they will have to give us a good idea on the pricing though
Old 06-18-2015, 02:27 PM   #18
fastball
Banned

Quote:
We may not have exact pricing by that time. For instance right now I have 4 orders for 2016 Stingrays that are being built in 4 days and still have no pricing for them. So who knows if we will get the exact option pricings. I am sure they will have to give us a good idea on the pricing though

6/22 is the first build day for 2016 Stingrays. That's my Mom's birthday - and she has one on order

Not gonna be built on 6/22 though. She just put the order in 2 weeks ago. She was ready to order one back in early May, but what she's going to use to pay for it is locked in a CD till August...... I told her if she had just ordered it in May, she could have gotten it built on 6/22 then when it comes in just finance it until the CD comes due then pay it off.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #19
MShafer

Quote:
6/22 is the first build day for 2016 Stingrays. That's my Mom's birthday - and she has one on order

Not gonna be built on 6/22 though. She just put the order in 2 weeks ago. She was ready to order one back in early May, but what she's going to use to pay for it is locked in a CD till August...... I told her if she had just ordered it in May, she could have gotten it built on 6/22 then when it comes in just finance it until the CD comes due then pay it off.
Congratulations! she will love it

Wish her from not only me but the whole Camaro family a happy early Birthday!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

I would be a bit surprised to see all of that by the end of July, but I hope you are right. I hope to at least see pricing by then. I am in line with my dealer for an order as soon as I know pricing so I can decide what I want to do with my order.

Some here are saying it is possible that we may not see pricing for several weeks after the order banks open up. I hope that is not the case.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #21
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:

Off topic but how do you order something that doesn't have a price? Just put down some agreed upon amount? It should be noted I've never attempted to order a car lol
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #22
MShafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Off topic but how do you order something that doesn't have a price? Just put down some agreed upon amount? It should be noted I've never attempted to order a car lol
Hope and pray it is under your budget pretty much

Honestly though, We have a pretty good idea on the Vettes. I just told them expect a $1k increase and hope it comes under that
Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #23
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
They are good as it is a $400 increase on the base. But that was a good estimate when the orders went in.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #24
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Congratulations! she will love it

Wish her from not only me but the whole Camaro family a happy early Birthday!
Thanks! Will do! She's always wanted a Corvette her whole life but never thought seriously about buying one. Then she went through cancer last year and said she's not putting it off now, especially since the current generation is the best looking since the C2 of 1963-67 (her and my opinions, I know others have their own). She is doing well BTW, last PET scan was clear.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:49 PM   #25
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Off topic but how do you order something that doesn't have a price? Just put down some agreed upon amount? It should be I've never attempted to order a car lol
Since there will be little if any real changes in the 2016 from the 2015, she chose her colors and options off the 2015 build list to get an idea of price, and then there will be an increase but very little for 2016.

She's getting the 2LT/Z51 in silver with light gray interior, automatic, clear removable roof, black machine faced wheels, and MRC. Sticker came to just over 70 and they gave her a price of just under 68 out the door with TTL/fees. They won't adjust the price more than a grand so I am thinking they already know there's going to be very little change in the price of the car.

Sorry if I'm off topic...... Mom getting a Corvette has me more excited than myself getting ready to order my Camaro!
Old 06-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #26
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
See my previous post right above yours. I linked GM's webpage showing the CTF in production since early May, with a picture of an SS in progress.

Order allocations for 2016 Camaros are scheduled for August 2015.
Sorry Fastball, I read the article 3 times and no where does it say that CTF cars are being produced.

It does show a picture of a car on the line and it does state that the 2nd shift will come back on line "this summer".

But it doesn't reference CTF. I even cut and pasted the article into Word and searched CTF, captured, capture, test and fleet. Nothing.

As I've mentioned previously the next step in the development is Pilot builds. Those are not production units and for the most part don't have the grain on plastic parts and simply confirm the manufacturing process. More than likely that is the picture of the car on the line.

So if you have confirmation they are actually building CTF cars, awesome. Just wasn't in the linked article which is why I asked.

Lansing Grand River Plant Tools Up for 2016 Camaro

Thu, May 28 2015

LANSING, Mich. – A $175 million investment for new tooling and equipment for the sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro, and the return of hundreds of workers to build America’s best-selling performance car for the last five years, was announced today.

The facility improvements include three new paint systems for Camaro-specific colors: Summit White, Bright Yellow, and Red Hot. The investment also includes installation of two robotic framers, which allow better dimensional control to provide a more precise drive experience.

The Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant will resume a second shift of 500 jobs in late summer.

The all-new Chevrolet Camaro was introduced on Detroit’s Belle Isle on May 16. The current generation Camaro has been America’s favorite performance car for five consecutive years, attracting both long-term Camaro fans and new buyers to Chevrolet.

To improve on that success, the sixth-generation Camaro elevates every aspect of Camaro with a suite of new technologies, even higher levels of performance and fuel economy, and a leaner, more athletic design.

“I may be the luckiest mayor in America today,” said Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero. “Gearing up for full-scale production of the legendary Chevy Camaro is a new high point in the more than two decades of extraordinary partnership between the City of Lansing, General Motors and the UAW.

“We build the best cars in the world right here in Lansing, and we’re delighted to welcome the 2016 Chevy Camaro to the Lansing-made family of great automobiles.”

Today’s announcement combined with others in the last four weeks accounts for nearly $2.8 billion of the $5.4 billion that GM said April 30 it would invest in U.S. facilities over the next three years.

“With this investment in tooling and equipment, we will continue to do our part to build on the high-quality reputation of this iconic car,” said GM North American Manufacturing Manager Scott Whybrew. “These investments in the Lansing plants are proof of the teams’ quality commitment, to put the customer at the center of everything we do!”

Said UAW Vice President Cindy Estrada: “UAW members have proudly built vehicles in Lansing for more than 100 years. As we help prepare for the launch of the all-new Camaro, we are pleased to continue our tradition of producing quality cars that we love to craft and build and our customers love to drive.”

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling around 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

Last edited by Number 3; 06-18-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #27
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry Fastball, I read the article 3 times and no where does it say that CTF cars are being produced.

It does show a picture of a car on the line and it does state that the 2nd shift will come back on line "this summer".

But it doesn't reference CTF. I even cut and pasted the article into Word and searched CTF, captured, capture, test and fleet. Nothing.

As I've mentioned previously the next step in the development is Pilot builds. Those are not production units and for the most part don't have the grain on plastic parts and simply confirm the manufacturing process. More than likely that is the picture of the car on the line.

So if you have confirmation they are actually building CTF cars, awesome. Just wasn't in the linked article.
You're probably right, I thought they were CTFs because the build sheet has the specific option codes, and I didn't think at the pre-pro step they had the option codes defined yet.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #28
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
You're probably right, I thought they were CTFs because the build sheet has the specific option codes, and I didn't think at the pre-pro step they had the option codes defined yet.
They have to be close regardless. Just building cars on the line, even if Pilot, is a great indicator of what's coming. If CTF builds were underway now, it would bode well for an earlier shipment to dealers.

I was hoping for everyone you were right