Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #29
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Great comment coming from a mustang owner on a Camaro site.
Thanks Guys, I used to be an euro & Jap car fan, you can see it on my signature (prior Porsche owner). But the first time that I got very interested on muscle cars, was when I read on MT that the '11 Mustang GT with the Brembo package went head to head VS a car that cost double its price the BMW M3 (V8) (I was really amazed, that I even traded my Porsche 911 for one), afterward the M3 was beaten easily by the Mustang BOSS. The Mustang's Kingdom did not last then GM focused to improve the Camaro with the great Camaros: ZL1, 1LE & the greatest of all the "Z28", I already was a fan of Corvette C6s versions that I could see that they could give very strong fights and even beat our Porsche's, and again, at half the price of exotics euros. Cadillac also did great, showing with their CTS-V that they could go head to head with BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. I think that GM has put a lot of effort & improvement by trying their cars at the Nurburgring track where other exotics are tested, showing the world that they are present and ready for the fight. Other great American sport car to mention is the prior Viper ACR & their newer T/A version, and FORD Raptor pickups (desert killers).
I think you are right, my next car is going to be the amazing and beautiful Stingray (if I can afford it) or the greatly and improved '16 Camaro V8.
Yes. I have a High a deep respect for your '12- Camaros & '05- Corvettes. & very proud of American sport cars.
(Too bad that short sighted UK's TOP GEAR TV program never recognized that USA has superior cars for better $ )
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #30
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Here I share you some pictures of my Present car: '11 Mustang GT. A very nice pony that very soon will leave my stable for a better one.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
He didn't wreck though.

Great review Joe.

Did anyone notice if the 2LT's taillights were any different than the RS models?
I did not notice a difference in the tail lights. I know there is one, because they said there's a difference...and I noticed the different headlights. But I guess I never thought to look the tail lamps.

I'm sure if people browse other outlet's reviews, photos, and videos you're bound to catch a glimpse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'd like to know your thoughts on the V6 automatic. You said you put it in drive....did you really just put it in regular drive mode and go? Just curious b/c I'm assuming there is a sport mode as well in addition to the manual mode, and the sport mode is supposed to provide for better throttle input and crisper shifts.

Did it (the automatic) feel quick as well?
Believe it or not - at first I did just put it into "D" and drive away. Then I remembered "M"/Sport mode, and tried that. I didn't notice a huge difference in shifts between the two. I did like the manual shifting response - it seemed very quick and precise.

However, I felt like the manual was more fun...there was a more direct feel to the car...the automatic made it feel very cushy (in a good, luxurious, kinda way), but the manual transmission (in my opinion), helped make the car feel little more wild and fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro19 View Post
Good read! Thanks for your opinion on how the 6gen handles compared to the 5gen. Looks like it will be a day and night difference
It really really is a day and night difference. I wouldn't have believed it if they hadn't shown us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Sorry the V6 exhaust is just not that exiting compared to the Z/28 lead car. lol
No. I agree. But it still sounded real good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Nice review Joe, as always! I was wondering when you'd get around to it! Always look forward to your professional insight! Thinking about trading the 1LE in for a 6th gen SS yet?
Yes! I was crunching the numbers on the way home. 16 months to go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If the V6 is that good then one can only guess what the SS will be like.....
Be afraid Mustang... be VERY afraid...

Great write up.
Thank you! I can't wait to see what the SS will be like....I expect to use the words "scary", "violent", and "nuclear"...in no particular order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
Lol remember we were just talking about what happened at VIR? Then it happened again at Belle Isle! I knew it was not you lol.
Yeaaaaahhhhhh.........no comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Hi Joe, nicely written and very articulate. I am still jealous though. I did not know you traded the ZL1 for a 1LE. Your observations between your daily driver and the new sixth gen. are extremely insightful. Since it will be a while before I get a chance to sit in a sixth gen. what are your observations of the new seats? How do they compare to standard fifth gen. seat and the optional Recaros? Again nicely written and we hope to see you soon.
I thought the new seats compared favorably to the "standard" seats in the car, with just a little tighter feel to them around the sides. They're not nearly as supportive as the optional Recaros...but I have to say, I liked them very much, sitting in them. Comfy, and supportive enough for some serious cornering.

I'm eager to see what sort of optional racing buckets they offer, though...definitely be on my short-list of options, right next to Mag Ride, and NPP exhaust.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:05 PM   #32
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
"I thought the new seats compared favorably to the "standard" seats in the car, with just a little tighter feel to them around the sides. They're not nearly as supportive as the optional Recaros...but I have to say, I liked them very much, sitting in them. Comfy, and supportive enough for some serious cornering.

I'm eager to see what sort of optional racing buckets they offer, though...definitely be on my short-list of options, right next to Mag Ride, and NPP exhaust."

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the helpful information. We are trying to put some things together so we can attend Camaro Fest.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #33
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
So the V6 comes with front brembos now? Or is that just on some models, like with the NPP exhaust?

This at least has me wanting to test drive a new 16, but I'm definitely going for an SS this time. But without a trade in... can't get rid of my 5th gen so easily
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #34
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
So the V6 comes with front brembos now? Or is that just on some models, like with the NPP exhaust?

This at least has me wanting to test drive a new 16, but I'm definitely going for an SS this time. But without a trade in... can't get rid of my 5th gen so easily
They all get Brembos, but the higher performance models get larger ones.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #35
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
great writeup and delighted you could join us for the unveil!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #36
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Was great to see you again as well.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #37
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I did not notice a difference in the tail lights. I know there is one, because they said there's a difference...and I noticed the different headlights. But I guess I never thought to look the tail lamps.

I'm sure if people browse other outlet's reviews, photos, and videos you're bound to catch a glimpse.
Here are some tail light photos that I took. Make your own determinations.

V8
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 942
Size:  57.8 KB

V6
Name:  Capture0.JPG
Views: 955
Size:  60.1 KB

V4
Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 1002
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 996
Size:  66.6 KB
Old 06-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Here are some tail light photos that I took. Make your own determinations.

V8
Attachment 724444

V6
Attachment 724445

V4
Attachment 724446

Attachment 724447
Those are all the RS tail lights, I think he meant the non RS tail light difference.
Remember the SS and RS get the same lights.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #39
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We are looking forward to seeing you at CamaroFest along with the Gen. 6 cars.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Those are all the RS tail lights, I think he meant the non RS tail light difference.
Remember the SS and RS get the same lights.
All I said was here are some tail lights. Obviously the Gray car has different lights and it's RS

Pretty sure RS has a different meaning or useage in the 6th gen. Just can't remember what they said about it.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #41
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
All I said was here are some tail lights. Obviously the Gray car has different lights and it's RS

Pretty sure RS has a different meaning or useage in the 6th gen. Just can't remember what they said about it.
I thought the gray Camaro also had different taillights (all red), but it's just the angle/lighting. it's the exact same as the other Camaro's at the reveal.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #42
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Pretty sure the SS and RS taillights are all red/white. It looks like maybe the LTs get all red taillights.