Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #15
WDE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (tuned L99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I have searched the C7 forums and the ZL1 forums, and can't find any threads speaking of issues with the MRC. Can you please provides some links for the issues? Thanks!
Here's another story I found...it's from 2011- maybe they have improved the quality?
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...-replaced.html

2010 2SS IOM Tuned L99 since 08/2009
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #16
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
MRTD, Magnetorheoligic Real Time Damping as it was once called, is pretty awesome stuff. Allows for the programmability for different settings as well as adapting to the road conditions on the fly. Essentially a programmable damper that can have various settings from soft to hard as well as adapting to nearly instantaneous road conditions on the fly.

I don't think it is orderable separately on the Corvette anymore. Part of the Z51 performance package.

So it may be included in a package on the Camaro or not. Regardless the technology enables a broad range of suspension performance with a switch. So unless you know that the base suspension works perfectly for your needs in all conditions, this pretty close to a must have.

Now how they offer it on the Camaro will be interesting.

On the Chevy SS, it is standard in 2015
On the Corvette, it is now part of the Z51 Performance Package which is a $5,000 bump

So this could easily be the track package in the Camaro as I don't see it limited to 2SS.

So unless it's bundled like the Corvette for $5,000 worth of stuff you may not want, get it.
Hi Number 3, just for info the MR shocks will be a separate option on 2016 Corvettes and will be available on non Z51 Corvettes for the first time by themselves without an attached package. I hope it will be the same way on the new Camaros as a separate option.

I know that Camaro manufacturing will be leaving your plant and coming to the US. On behalf of all of the 5th Gen. Camaro owners I want to thank you for putting a little bit of yourself into everyone of our cars. Your help and knowledge given to all of us is very much appreciated. Thanks for being such a good friend to all of us.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Hi Number 3, just for info the MR shocks will be a separate option on 2016 Corvettes and will be available on non Z51 Corvettes for the first time by themselves without an attached package. I hope it will be the same way on the new Camaros as a separate option.

I know that Camaro manufacturing will be leaving your plant and coming to the US. On behalf of all of the 5th Gen. Camaro owners I want to thank you for putting a little bit of yourself into everyone of our cars. Your help and knowledge given to all of us is very much appreciated. Thanks for being such a good friend to all of us.
Good news on the packaging.

Btw I never worked at Oshawa. I worked in Warren and Milford in engineering. Been gone for a few years now.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #18
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Good news on the packaging.

Btw I never worked at Oshawa. I worked in Warren and Milford in engineering. Been gone for a few years now.
Sorry for the mix up about where you worked.